April 27th, 2011

Giffords leaves Houston, heading for Florida shuttle launch

Houston (CNN) – A plane carrying U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords departed Houston on Wednesday headed for Florida, where she is scheduled to attend the Friday launch of the space shuttle Endeavour, commanded by her husband, Mark Kelly.

Giffords has been recovering at a Houston rehabilitation hospital after she was shot in the head at a public event January 8 in Tucson, Arizona.

Filed under: Gabrielle Giffords
  1. ConservaFASCIST -aka- Mammon

It's great to see Rep. Giffords up on her feet.

April 27, 2011 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  2. Guest

I do not know very much about Mrs. Giffords/Kelly and I don't live in the U.S., but I have been following her medical progress. She is strong and determined, that is evident.
    YOU GO GIRL!!! I wish you continued health and wellness.

April 27, 2011 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  3. Rudy NYC

She is on an Endeavour, too.

April 27, 2011 01:04 pm at 1:04 pm |
  4. AAA

What happened to the congresswoman should not happen to anyone and it is travesty that we are living in a society with people of hatred and deranged. What bothers me is all the publicity and the attention that is given to the incident like it is not happening to any ordinary citizen in our country and not get the same media attention. I understand she is a political figure and her husband is a renowned astronaut but it shows that important people get the attention but someone who has faced the same incident will never get the coverage. I want you to know that I wish the congresswoman a quick recovery so she can get back to leading a normal life and her husband has a perfect flight. So when you think about congresswoman also think about the average family that is going through the same problem and feel what they are going through.

April 27, 2011 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  5. Me

GO!! GABBY GO!!!
    Every little bit of recovery defeats the purpose of Jared Loughner's atrocious actions
    GO!! GABBY GO!!!

April 27, 2011 01:33 pm at 1:33 pm |
  6. GI Joe

Glad she's feeling well enough to go. Lock up the folks that planted crosshairs and 2nd Amendment remedies in the crazies' heads. They are the ones inciting violence and even murder.

April 27, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  7. La, La, La

I don't believe in god, but may god bless Gabby.

April 27, 2011 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |