Palin's doppelganger?
April 27th, 2011

Palin's doppelganger?

(CNN) - It's to be determined if she has the Alaskan accent down, but actress Julianne Moore appears to have nailed the look.

People Magazine has scored the first photograph of the actress in costume as the former Alaska governor for the upcoming HBO movie, Game Change.

Moore, a four-time Oscar nominee, was tapped last month to play the former vice presidential candidate in an HBO adaptation of the book by journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann that details the inner workings of the historic 2008 campaign.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Todd M

I'm hoping she mixes in some Boogie Nights as Palin.

April 27, 2011 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  2. Adam

I Love ms. Moore as an actress and I hope her portrayal as someone so vile does not change that... I wish someone else had taken the role, in all honesty...

April 27, 2011 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  3. Fred L. Fraud

If someone unveiled their Palin would it smell like fish or moose?

April 27, 2011 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  4. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Palin's new book should be "Why I Disappeared During the Budget Debates" and if anyone hasn't noticed Palin has reappeared to talk about stupid none issues like Katy Courtic. I give Michele Bachmann a lot of credit because she stayed on the front line right along with the men, while Palin went into hiding and of course we all know why. If this isn't proof of how limted Palin is one would have to be as limited as she is.

April 27, 2011 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  5. ConservaFASCIST -aka- Mammon

Juliane Moore may have the look dead on, but Tina Fey has the IQ solid.

April 27, 2011 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  6. f

she looks a little too young and unskanky for the role if you ask me.

April 27, 2011 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  7. Video Guy

She sure has the finger down pat.

April 27, 2011 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  8. borisjimbo

She needs to work on that entitled nasal whine.

April 27, 2011 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  9. ambros Smith

When this movie comes out Sarah Palin will pretend that she didn't watch it--or at least say she did but WITH THE VOLUME TURNED DOWN, like she said she did with Tina Fey.

April 27, 2011 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  10. luffing

Pretty good, but she's no Tina Fey!

April 27, 2011 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  11. Krissy

Why she stoop to portray this idiot.

April 27, 2011 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  12. Left Leaner

Can't we get rid of Palin????? I'm so sick of her nonsense. She makes a houseplant seem intelligent!!!!!

April 27, 2011 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  13. Peter

I hope she does as good as Tina Fey.

April 27, 2011 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  14. palintwit

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...

April 27, 2011 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  15. RecognizesBS

What a shame that such a talented actress wastes her time on playing such a fool.

April 27, 2011 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  16. Jane

Here we go with liberal hollywood degrading a woman who has worked hard at being successful and a mom. You don't have to agree with her views or like her but she is still an example of today's woman. And before all you naysayers go blogging about what an idiot I am just look at yourself. How typical of a household does she live in? How many of you or your friends or family have had a child who ended up pregnant. How many of you attended several colleges over many years (duh night school) to get a degree or advance your education? Hollywood is once again going to slaughter a woman at the expense of making a buck? Oh and by the way how many of the hollywood blow hards even graduated high school.

April 27, 2011 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  17. twiddly

I would almost subscribe to HBO to see this!
    But... I'll have to wait for dvd/ondemand release.
    This should be hilarious.

April 27, 2011 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  18. The Lunatic

She better not show up looking like that in the Alaska outback, there are plenty of moose out there waiting to get their revenge.

April 27, 2011 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  19. Bob Dog

I don't know about you, but I'm hoping for some really wholesome, down home HUMILIATION for Palin!!

Tina Fey was better, but it looks like Ms. Moore will be a worthy substitute. The real Palin is such an cheap, self-serving actress herself, I think anyone who is actually pretending to be Palin will do just fine!!!

Its wonderful to see so many people trying to cash in on humiliating Palin before she becomes entirely irrelevant!!!

This should be great entertainment.

April 27, 2011 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  20. Russ

Oh great – a Palin movie. Seems more and more like a bad zombie movie.

April 27, 2011 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  21. Reason

I can't wait to see this objective and unbiased film.

April 27, 2011 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  22. steven harnack

Now all she has to do is lower her IQ by 100 points and she'll have Palin down pat!

April 27, 2011 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  23. EddyL

Nailed the look? What's so hard about looking like a bimbo?

April 27, 2011 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  24. Jennifer Bachmeier

PLEASE make a correction. Alaskans DO NOT have an accent. Alaskans speak the same way that those from Seattle speak. The Sarah Palin accent is Sarah Palin's alone.

April 27, 2011 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  25. Chris

Is it bad that I find Palin herself, disgusting and yet I find Julianne Moore incredibly attractive here?

April 27, 2011 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |