Palin's doppelganger?
April 27th, 2011

Palin's doppelganger?

(CNN) - It's to be determined if she has the Alaskan accent down, but actress Julianne Moore appears to have nailed the look.

People Magazine has scored the first photograph of the actress in costume as the former Alaska governor for the upcoming HBO movie, Game Change.

Moore, a four-time Oscar nominee, was tapped last month to play the former vice presidential candidate in an HBO adaptation of the book by journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann that details the inner workings of the historic 2008 campaign.

Filed under: Sarah Palin
  1. Realistic

The inner working of Palins team or circle. I have from a very good source that Palin was distraught during the '08 race. My sources comfirmed that when Palin would sit around a table with her inner cicrcle she was more worried about keeping inside the lines of coloring book than having an adult conversation. It was also comfirmed that she would get irrate when she would go outside the lines and blame the rotation of the earth axis instead of her inability to stay focused. At one metting, Todd had to explain to her also that connecting the dots would form a picture. She thought the dots were a mathematical equation of subtraction.

April 27, 2011 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  2. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Surprisingly close... I don't know if it is as close as Tina Fey though.

April 27, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  3. Dea

Palin does not have an Alaskan accent. She has a whiny fake midwest twang that grates on the nerves. Alaska Natives have Alaskan accents, which are very soothing to listen to.

April 27, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  4. Larry

How in the hell did she get closer than Tina Fey's look? That is incredible!

April 27, 2011 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  5. Aaron

Ugghh!!! I've always loved Julianne's acting and have thought she's very attractive. Well...that's all out the window now. GROSS!!! Palin is absolutely gross in all ways possible.

April 27, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  6. Angiemomma

Will Moore wear the pillow stuffed under her shirt to fake a pregnancy just like Palin?

April 27, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  7. Ed Peters

Julianne Moore being able to pull off the Alaska ding-bat? I don't think she can do it. YMMV

April 27, 2011 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  8. Da Professor

Now all Julianne Moore has to do is strip her brain of all brain cells and insist that there are "Death Panels" in the health care bill (AS YET AMONGST THE MISSING), and she will have good ole Sarah down pat.

April 27, 2011 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  9. clepto

umm...no...palin isn't nearly as skanky as moore...so not even close...

April 27, 2011 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  10. Gern Blanston

I wish she was looking into the camera. I can't tell if she's quite nailed Palin's vacant, pageant-trained "the lights are on but nobody's home!" expression.

April 27, 2011 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  11. paradoX187

Lisa Ann is much better.

April 27, 2011 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  12. turingskj

Oh, man... she is the one...Moore for vice president!

April 27, 2011 02:21 pm at 2:21 pm |
  13. Jeff

So they put her hair up, gave her glasses, and put her in Palin clothes and suddenly she's a doppelganger? Her face looks nothing like Palin. I can put on a Big Bird suit and look like Big Bird, but that doesn't mean that I look like him. I'm not saying that she's not going to be a good fit for the role; all I'm saying is that 90% of the likeness is cosmetic and her acting is going to be the other 10%.

April 27, 2011 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  14. rmr

I didn't know she has a doppelganger!

April 27, 2011 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  15. sandy

Love Julianne Moore....despise Pallin....won't be seeing this movie....Sorry.

April 27, 2011 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  16. Jeff

Nia Vardalos from My Big Fat Greek Wedding in the same makeup and wardrobe would be a perfect fit.

April 27, 2011 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  17. BeverlyNC

What an awful role for Julieanne Moore! Who would want to have to pretend to be stupid, uneducated, a liar, unaware of foreign countries, geography, how our government works and what our Consitutition says just to get a role??
    Palin is NOBODY who is still desperately trying to keep her name in the media. She should go home, shut up, and end her embarrassment to the nation.
    We have been tormented with this idiot more than we wanted and the last thing I want to watch is a movie about Palin. I WON'T be watching anymore garbage on this scourge on America.

April 27, 2011 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  18. SilentBoy741

A Palin movie? I think they should rename it "Channel Change".

April 27, 2011 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  19. Luke Brown

Moore is really an unappreciated actress. She is very talented.

April 27, 2011 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  20. jamison

The only way Moore or any other actress could play a convincing Palin would be if they first had a lobotomy. Then they may be able to "think" like idiots.

April 27, 2011 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  21. Dallas Collet

J. Moore is a poor Palin fill in. Looks nothing like her. Tina Fey is much better and at least she is pretty too.

April 27, 2011 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  22. Larry

Wow. She looks just like the chick on SNL! It's uncanny!

April 27, 2011 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  23. Al-NY,NY

Simpleton Sarah..."doppelganger??? what is the lamestream media calling me that for? Hey Todd, what's that mean?"

April 27, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  24. White Rock

Sorry, doesn't even come close. I took a quick glance and said: Oh look it's Julianne Moore. The mouth, teeth, and cheekbones are all wrong........what were they thinking? Why didn't they get Tina Fey?.......Sarah's long lost twin sister.

April 27, 2011 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  25. Big_D

I hope they expose the Mayor of Meth town for the joke she is. She couldn't tell you a book she reads but she can tell you how to make meth in a second.

April 27, 2011 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |