April 27th, 2011

Trump takes credit for Obama birth certificate

(CNN) - Donald Trump is taking full credit for the release of President Obama's birth certificate.

"I am very proud of myself. I have accomplished something nobody else has accomplished," he told reporters in New Hampshire Wednesday.

"I want to look at it, but I hope it's true," the business mogul also said. "He should have done it a long time ago."

"I am really honored to have played such a big role in hopefully getting rid of this issue," added Trump.

Filed under: Donald Trump
  1. Charles

Unfortunately, Trump and the "birther biggots" will continue to find ways to attack the President because they can't handle the fact that a Black man is in the white house. The "cowards" in the media have been to afraid to address this issue for what it really is...good old American racism and intolerance.

April 27, 2011 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  2. BlackPanthers2020

Trump is so ignorant that he doesn't realize he's being played , now he has to release his tax forms , and I mean all of them , a person doesn't get wealthy by being nice to people ,. how many people has he had killed or trampled on, WE WANT TO SEE HIS TAXES FORMS , AND HOW HE PAID THEM OVER THE YEARS ....................NOW THE BALLS IS IN YOUR COURT FRUMP !!!!

April 27, 2011 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  3. nitrous

It's nice to see that racism is alive in well in 2011. And to think Abe Lincoln lost his life because of a simple human right.

April 27, 2011 10:11 am at 10:11 am |
  4. DRR

Trump is actually delusional. We should have a law about not allowing a person be President if they have a mental illness.

April 27, 2011 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  5. yalesouth

Does anyone really beleive the DOnald is taking this president thing seriously? I think he just enjoys the spotlight and bloviating. He couldnt be a more serious candidate than Sarah Palin. What gets me is that ppl actually believe he has a chance.

April 27, 2011 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  6. glen hart

"why didn't obama show this a long time ago?" because only morons and wackos like trump were harping on about it, how can he expect any onle to tske him seriously

April 27, 2011 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  7. An amused & disgusted Canadian

What a big bag of wind Donald Trump is. How can you continue to cover the bull that comes out of his mouth?

April 27, 2011 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  8. Thinker

Trump said he would release his financials when Obama showed his birth certificate. So where are they. I want to see trumps financials NOW!!!!!!!!

April 27, 2011 10:12 am at 10:12 am |
  9. Frank

How can Trump be this stupid?

April 27, 2011 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  10. cuso

This isn't the first time he released so what does Trump think he is taking credit for.

April 27, 2011 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  11. Nieve Small Town Girl

I mean really Trump? You take credit for this when Good Morning America was showing his birth certificate about a month ago, before you started screaming about it. What kind of potential leader do you expect to be when you can't even respect our current leader? Last time I checked our country was built on respect and agreement not see how "you can try" to run someone through the dirt. At least President Obama knows how to keep his family together and strong while still in the spot light!

April 27, 2011 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  12. Big daddy

Trump is such a pompous idiot. Can't wait till he announces he's not running for president and goes away.

April 27, 2011 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  13. Larry

Has Don Trump produced his birth certificate?

April 27, 2011 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  14. Armando

Leave it to Mr. Showman Trump to take credit. Ok Enstein, how much did you spend to send investigators to Hawaii to prove what us normal people already knew? And you want to run the country?

April 27, 2011 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  15. Mj

The only thing I like to see it's tape over Trump's mouth.......thank goodness for the mute button.

April 27, 2011 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  16. AJ

Dumbald believes he played the biggest part in this. I think he is confused. He played the biggest ass in this.

April 27, 2011 10:14 am at 10:14 am |
  17. Cheryl

Please ask Donald Trump why no white President has ever been asked to provide his birth certificate? This is pure racism. I respect the President for trying to bring the conversation back to jobs, but lunatic Republicans will continue to distract and make noise with this non-story. Donald Trump is in this for the publicity. He'll never release his tax returns and he'll never tell who his financial backers are – you know the ones – they have FBI wiretaps on their phones.

April 27, 2011 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  18. sue

You are so full of yourself, Donald! I want to see YOUR birth certificate to see what PLANET you were born on. Now, dry up and go away!

April 27, 2011 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  19. MadDogDad

Before this I thought Trump was pretty sharp. Now he comes across as a dunce. "I'm really honored..." What a moron. Did he really think he could switch from attacking Obama to helping resolve an issue and no one would notice? Sheesh. And he wants to be President? Better stick to construction.

April 27, 2011 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  20. Ron

How can his mother sign this paper a month before his birth ??? 8-7-61

April 27, 2011 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  21. willynel

Classic Trump. It still is all about him. Here's to hoping his ratings plummet. I really want NBC to say to Trump "You're fired!" for taking them on this crazy ride.

April 27, 2011 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  22. Volntyr

Can you please crawl back under that thing you call a hair piece and go away now, Trump

April 27, 2011 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  23. Clickclack

Donald Trump is the greatest piece of showmanship there is. Greater than any act in Vegas. I believe his investigators found out the President had requested release of the long form and then Trump went into his song and dance BSing the American people and now he flies in and the next act is making people believe he is taking back America from Obama. Never a truer narcissist.

April 27, 2011 10:16 am at 10:16 am |
  24. Jude

trump = example of the worst our country has to offer...some folk think they actually matter. like palin, a huge waste.

April 27, 2011 10:17 am at 10:17 am |
  25. Mountaineer

By releasing his Birth Certificate, the President has shown just how damn stupid some Americans are. Next, they will want a Death Certificate. Well, folks, he's not dead yet, so wait awhile, okay? You people are total idiots and I am ashamed that you call yourselves Americans!

April 27, 2011 10:17 am at 10:17 am |