April 27th, 2011

Trump takes credit for Obama birth certificate

(CNN) - Donald Trump is taking full credit for the release of President Obama's birth certificate.

"I am very proud of myself. I have accomplished something nobody else has accomplished," he told reporters in New Hampshire Wednesday.

"I want to look at it, but I hope it's true," the business mogul also said. "He should have done it a long time ago."

"I am really honored to have played such a big role in hopefully getting rid of this issue," added Trump.

Filed under: Donald Trump
  1. NY

Dear Donald Trump – Thank you once again for causing our country to look like a fool once again. We have been behaving as if it is the rest of the country against the president. Does this make sense to anyone? We have made it very clear that a person of color is not allowed to lead this country without extreme level of scrutiny and humiliation. We have set this nation back about 100 years. Diversity may be legal but barely.

April 27, 2011 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  2. jean2009

Trump is currently trailing the President by double digits...what is he with this #winning bit, Charlie Sheen? The man is a cross between Silvio Berlusconi, Gordon Gecko, and P.T. Barnum with a dead cat on his head. My personal thought is: playing the #winning bit among a bunch of racist loonies is not exactly what the American people currently need in their President.

April 27, 2011 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  3. Diana

The President should have showed his birth certificate along time ago to make this go away. He is a public servent so if asked to prove something he should not shrug it off. I see in his news conference today it laughed like it was a joke but he had a news conference to make fun of the American people who wanted to know. As a public servent nothing in his life is private,he made that choice when he decided to run for office. Its like a game for him. If someone that you know could not prove something that you wanted to know it is only human that one would be suspicous.

April 27, 2011 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  4. lgny

Trump was cleverly played. Obama held back the birth documentation until the Tea Partiers and Trump climbed way out on the limb, claiming that the document was "missing". Then, he sawed off the limb asserting that we have real issues to deal with instead of this nonsense. He ends up looking presidential while they are exposed as foolish rabble.

Now, Trump is making rumbles about wanting to see Obama's school grades. It makes him look all the more petty as well as ignorant of privacy rights (FERPA). Liberals speculated about GWBush's Yale grades but never seriously demanded their release. Indeed, no previous president (or candidate) has been required to produce college grades.

April 27, 2011 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  5. Deb

Trump is nothing more than an insignificant joke. Is it possible that anybody with a 5th grade education could take him seriously? And for him to take credit for this non-event? He is completely delusional and any shred of integrity that he might have had at one time is gone. He was a rich boy born to a rich man. What an accompllishment!

April 27, 2011 10:24 am at 10:24 am |
  6. Ron

Trump is an idiot and I hope this destroys his name permanently going forward.

April 27, 2011 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  7. Thankfully Independent

This whole birther issue shows just what kind of person Donald Trump is., I mean besides not being presidential ... or even electable. His conduct thus far makes shady lawyers, backroom politicians, used car salemen, loan sharks, and travelling medicine men seem honorable and truthful by comparision. Although I am certain most of them would howl in protest at being included in the same company as this over-rated real estate agent with silly hair.

April 27, 2011 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  8. LocoMotive

I think Trump and Beohner were born from the same vegetable, a carrot...

April 27, 2011 10:25 am at 10:25 am |
  9. LovesIrony

You take credit for proving yourself a nut. Good Job!

April 27, 2011 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  10. Allen

Thank you Donald for being our moral compas. Because of you I now know that I will leave my current wife (the mother of my children) when she gets to old for a younger dumber one. I will enter the political ring only for profit or to sell some books just so I can escape bakruptcy and pay the bills. I will use the politcal ring to deny the right of fellow Americans that are an obstical to me, maybe now I can go into work and tell me bosses that my supervisor, Mexican, that he is not eligable for his salray because he does not have a long form to show and try and weasle my way into his office. Mr. Trump you should be proud, Satan has reserved a special spot for you, right between Hitler and Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold.

April 27, 2011 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  11. oregonian101

Why the legitimate birth record the President released when he was a candidate wasn't accepted is beyond me. Could it be the loser fringe just couldn't accept a black President? PROBABLY!! Now that the unofficial record is released Mr. Trump acts as if he is the savior of the fringe. Now to keep himself in the limelight he is questioning the President's college transcripts. I wish the carnival sideshow would end. These are serious times and we need serious people to debate them. Mr. Trump, your 15 minutes of fame was over a long time ago. Please go away, just go away. OR, distribute your wealth amongst the poor so they can have a chance to improve their lives. I wonder how much you paid in personal income tax? Warren Buffet paid 16%. I am a middle income american and paid 24%. If only I could afford tax attorneys, overseas money shelters and vaults to hide cash in.

April 27, 2011 10:26 am at 10:26 am |
  12. Chicago John

“We do not have time for this kind of silliness. We’ve got better stuff to do," said Obama.

Of course he does. He then, as reported on CNN, immediately left the microphones and rushed to make his flight to Chicago to visit Oprah. Yeah, much better stuff. You just can't make this "stuff" up.

April 27, 2011 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  13. LocoMotive

do vegetables need to show a birth certificate? and what is donald hiding underneath that hair? a carrot top?

April 27, 2011 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  14. Johnny

Finally he showed the long form birth certificate. Something interesting on it, is that the father's age is 25 and his mother's 18. This might have been why Obama was holding back from showing it, for fear of degradation of his father that he was having sex with a minor. He was born in August, so if you do the math, she was 17 during conception.

April 27, 2011 10:27 am at 10:27 am |
  15. bobcat2u

Now wil you people please quit drinking all that haterade ????? You racist jerks just can't stand the idea of a BLACK family living in the WHITE house. Get a life and move on to more important things.

April 27, 2011 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  16. Al

I have lost all respect for Trump...what is he going to question next Obama's color or maybe his sex. How many times as Trump gone bankrupt, is he goiong to do the same with the USA??? He pretty well claims he could fix ALL of the USA problems in one day. Why is he not running for God instead of President.He proudly claims to have screwed people out of their money what makes you think he will not do the same to the US citizens.I really don't think that's his real hair so Mr Trump could you please prove your hair is real.If this is the clown you would elect has your president WOW!!! If he is so smart he could fix all your problems in a day why is he not the richest man he the world. By the way Mr Trump if you call the China the day your president and tell them to stop manipulating the yen or you will place a 25% tariff on all there exports,what would you do if they call your bluff and call in all of the US debt they hold? Wait I know bankrupt the US like you have your companies!!

Just a Canadian point of view

April 27, 2011 10:28 am at 10:28 am |
  17. Kay

Hey, Trump, did you happen to notice that this proves you were completely WRONG?

You owe the President a public apology.

April 27, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  18. don

Trump,You are hullucinating on something? I would sure like to here from Rosie O,Donnel, Remember calling her a Fat Pig on the racist show,Imus in the morning Don. Imus was "Thrown off TV for Racial remarks about college Ladies? The only reason you called her that, is because you are "Predudice against Gays, and a Truly Vile Human! You need to look in a double plated Expensive Mirror Trump, you are Fat!! I can,t wait to see your T.V ratings to "Fall Big Time, Mr. Lobster and Butter?

April 27, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  19. Jen

Trump – you sound so ignorant. If you are really focused on ridiculous issues that get us nowhere please go back under your rock. We do not need you strutting around being proud of yourself for being a bully. Get real and focus on real issues!

April 27, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  20. blank

Donald Trump is arrogan. He has a problem admitting when he is wrong. He would not like it if someone were to question his character and he gives himself a pat on the back for that!

April 27, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  21. Nikkilashawn

Myself personally whould not care where the President is born. I look at what he his self can do to make changes in our economy our lives to make us feel safe in our nation. He his self can't do it alone we the people have to help to improve our way of life, budgeting etc. That the way I look at this issue at hand, Trump has his own issues that he needs to handle.

April 27, 2011 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  22. brian

The ego and gual of this man is astounding. The COLB was released "a long time ago". Now step up to the plate and release your tax info like you said you would.

April 27, 2011 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  23. Skye

Sorry, but anyone with a couple of bucks can get one of these in Times Square. That should irk all the loyal Obama supporters. LOL

April 27, 2011 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  24. Seth

The interesting thing here is Hawaii wasn’t made a state until August 21, 1959. So if Obama was born in 1959 and not 1961 he would have missed it by 17 days. Sounds like a good reason to falsify a document to me.

April 27, 2011 10:31 am at 10:31 am |
  25. Cincinnatian

Are these the type of presidential distractions/sideshows we could expect with a Trump administration?

April 27, 2011 10:32 am at 10:32 am |