April 27th, 2011

Trump takes credit for Obama birth certificate

(CNN) - Donald Trump is taking full credit for the release of President Obama's birth certificate.

"I am very proud of myself. I have accomplished something nobody else has accomplished," he told reporters in New Hampshire Wednesday.

"I want to look at it, but I hope it's true," the business mogul also said. "He should have done it a long time ago."

"I am really honored to have played such a big role in hopefully getting rid of this issue," added Trump.

Filed under: Donald Trump
  1. DC2003

You mean the one that you stated was missing?

Didn't you reveal in a TV interview that the B/C was nowhere to be found and that was the newest mystery?

Now somehow you're responsible for it coming out?

When it had already been released to those who actually had a legal right & need to see it!

April 27, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  2. mike

nice, but im still voting for Ron Paul.

April 27, 2011 10:48 am at 10:48 am |
  3. ...

Time for Obama to scrape Trump off the bottom of his shoe...

April 27, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  4. FinalFrame

lmao, all the Obama lovers here, even after his horrendous couple years in office.

We need a republican back in office, NOW.

April 27, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  5. Jerry Vinter

I think Obama made a mistake doing this. He is not too smart politically since he tries (but fails like any other politician) to be honest and rational most of the time.

He should have let the GOP go off the rails on this one. Released it perhaps in September, 2012, immediately after the GOP convention.

What Obama did was the rational (albeit unnecessary) thing to do. Politically, it was an unwise move.

April 27, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  6. Bob in PA

I don't really care for Mr. Trump personally, but I give him credit. He said what he felt and didn't back down. If it were Trump v Obama, Mr. Trump would have my vote.

April 27, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  7. Rudy NYC

I think Mr. Trump may have raised a good point when he said the rest of the world laughs at the U.S. He demonstrated the truth of that observation.

Has anyone ever done a poll on what people around the world think, (or have thought I guess), of the "birther crisis"?

April 27, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  8. Sweetums

Please explain why it took so long to release this document if it was readily available. If they (the left) thought this was a distraction, why wasn't it released sooner? I don't care what color your skin is, when you are President of the United States your records (academic and otherwise) are subject to review. I am so TIRED of being called a racist because I did not vote for Obama. Obama is not above any other president, and I believe Bush was scrutinized to a greater degree than most presidents. But heaven forbid you criticize Obama, and you are instantly called a racist. I do not disagree with the color of his skin, but I disagree with his policies-if his skin was purple I still would disagree with him. You may have to come to terms with the fact that a black man can be a bad president just as much as a white man can.

April 27, 2011 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  9. Tom

Donald Trump is a dope and a liar. What credit does he think he is owed?
    He lies on a smaller scale than Bernie Madoff, but he too steals from his friends.

April 27, 2011 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  10. q

He didn't put anything to rest, he still only produced a certificate of live birth, which you know is not an actual birth certificate anyone can get one of them, they don't mean anything!

April 27, 2011 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  11. once upon a horse

of course he's going to take credit but Trump should really be ashamed of himself for all he's done. This situation was bordered on being racist since NO other POTUS has ever had to have gone through such. Going after the right wing crazies to win the polls in something he in the long run is not even going to do. And trust me the real birthers aren't going to be satisfied either. If I were Presidnet Obama I would NOT have even released this until after my term was over, but he shows he cares more for the country than his own personal feelings. That's more than Trump does. Now Donald what about those "troops on the ground in Hawaii" and showing YOUR tax returns????

April 27, 2011 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  12. Will

The birthers will still NOT BELIEVE IT?

April 27, 2011 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  13. Kittridge

"I told everybody that Obama was hiding something. I told everybody that the birth certificate could label Obama a Muslim. Obama just proved me wrong in every way. I WIN!!"

April 27, 2011 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  14. wonderabout

To the "Donald" .... "You're Fired!"

April 27, 2011 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  15. Seth

The interesting thing here is Hawaii wasn’t made a state until August 21, 1959. So if Obama was born in 1959 and not 1961 he would have missed it by 17 days. Sounds like a good reason to falsify a document to me. Keep the Conspiracy going.

April 27, 2011 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  16. bigvee

oh i so hope dumb donald and plain run on the same ticket... i can see it now dumb and dumber. the only thing dumb donald proved is what a lose he really is . i think what donlad is really trying to say is HOW IN THE HELL CAN A BLACK MAN GET INTO HARVARD AND I COULDNT LET ALONE BECOME PRESIDENT OF THE HARVARD REVIEW.what a nut case just like plain did last night on greta

April 27, 2011 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  17. gt

looks like trump gets things done no body else could do....

April 27, 2011 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  18. from the North

Trump is a buffoon. What's worse is he thinks he deserves to be taken seriously. I think some people think he's playing off his image, but he's not – he's a narcissist of the first order and the dimmest of bulbs. It would be an amazing and delightful change if Americans demanded their public figures display some intellect.

April 27, 2011 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  19. James Taylor

I am ashamed to be in the GOP party. Shame on you!! NExt time my vote is for Mr. Obama. He has been fixing what Bush and Cheney destroyed with their crazy and false war. NO WMD in Iraq and over 700,000 innocent dead Iraqis and over 10,000 USA soldiers. Other dictators rot in jail for killing much less than that. In fact Sadam in less than 40 yrs did less harm than these two clowns and war criminals. Yet we were worrying about OBama's place of birth? What wasnt this valid when he ran for president.
    What ever President Obama does, our elected president, isn't right. ENOUGH let the man do his job and fix the mess handled to him.

BTW McCain was born in Panama. I dont care how you want to put it, Still it's no in the USA!

April 27, 2011 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  20. factsrfun

Now the only thing left in this stroy is for Trump to release his full tax returns, as he said he would if Obamma released his birth cert.

April 27, 2011 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  21. Kia

Ummmm.... okay on a serious note, I think Donald Trump has dementia, on set of Alzheimer's.... why hasn't someone in his camp grabbed him!!!! He seriously is sounding like a lunatic now... He actually is saying THE PRESS is the one who couldn't let the birth certificate issue go???!!!! WOW!!!

April 27, 2011 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  22. Doug

Responding to the development, Trump said, "I have accomplished something nobody else has accomplished."

No, Mr. Trump, other people have been making a fool of you for years and years.

April 27, 2011 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  23. TM

Trump, you accomplished NOTHING! You didn't MAKE anything happen. We LITERALLY know NOTHING MORE now than we knew TWO YEARS AGO. NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Obama was telling the truth then. Obama is telling the truth now. and MORE IMPORTANTLY you and all the other "Birthers" won't accept that truth.

Now when will YOU release a signed and witnessed affidavit attesting to whether or not that is your real hair?

April 27, 2011 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  24. Ken G

Why does every other president require release of this information – much more freely than what this took. Obama is the one that made it an issue. WHY? The fact that I could see every other President's Birth Certificates along with College Transcripts begs the question – who does he think he is? Bush Jr. was an average, (or below) Student – and we all saw that PRIOR to the election – and we can thank the Democrats for that – however, that is as it should be. You want the job? Get your info out there – you have no right to make those portions of your life private any longer. RELEASE THE TRANSCRIPTS – I bet he collected Aid as a Foreign Student! Why else all this hoopla over the Birth Certificate?

April 27, 2011 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  25. Carole Spray

"The Donald" is a joke...just like Adolf Hitler. If he runs for president, he COULD win. Why ? Because he has a certain relentless charisma and insane fanaticism that appeals to many more voters in America than one might imagine. Besides, the circumstances in America at this moment in history are ripe for someone like Trump to Triumph. If someone as pathetic Palin can garner support...think what the Donald COULD do ! I watch in fear and fascination from Canada.

April 27, 2011 11:01 am at 11:01 am |