April 27th, 2011

Trump takes credit for Obama birth certificate

(CNN) - Donald Trump is taking full credit for the release of President Obama's birth certificate.

"I am very proud of myself. I have accomplished something nobody else has accomplished," he told reporters in New Hampshire Wednesday.

"I want to look at it, but I hope it's true," the business mogul also said. "He should have done it a long time ago."

"I am really honored to have played such a big role in hopefully getting rid of this issue," added Trump.

Filed under: Donald Trump
  1. SEL

Ron posted...How can his mother sign this paper a month before his birth ??? 8-7-61

Let's take this slowly, Ron. I don't want to hurt your head. He. was. born. on. August. 4th.

April 27, 2011 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  2. SEL

Barbria...Hawaii became a state in 1959. Go back to school.

April 27, 2011 11:41 am at 11:41 am |
  3. Move On Please

The President of the United States should not have to post his Birth Certificate to the world. He was CERTIFIED to run and win the Presidency and that includes validating his citizenship. All of this stuff is a distraction and President Obama is doing an excellent job trying to look over the simple minded people and their accusations and putting his efforts towards bringing resolutions to the issues facing this country which by the way were issues that when he took the Presidency not issues he created. Excuse me DONALD TRUMP, can you please pay back some of the money you took from the country by repeatedly filing bankruptcy! Donald, go sit down somewhere, you WILL NOT be the President of the United States!

April 27, 2011 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  4. REG in AZ

What we have seen is that Trump tries to take credit for everything. What he should take credit for here is wasting people's time and dishonestly trying to exploit people's gullibility. What he should do now is apologize and just fade away.

April 27, 2011 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  5. Anonymous

Whenever you apply for a job, you are required to produce certain documents. The job of president requires that you be a natural born citizen. I am glad Obama finally produced the required document so that the country can put this behind us and move on....but.....I have to wonder why it took Obama 3 years to produce a document he knew he should have shown when first ask. I can't help but believe this was the simple act of a self serving individual. I am afraid that that finally showing this after 3 years gives greater questions about his mental state than about his birth origin!!

April 27, 2011 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  6. Lisa

I am not a birther. I believe our President was born in Hawaii just like he says.

I know that the birthers will not accept this as proof because it says "Certificate of Live Birth" at the top and they cannot feel the seal on it over their computers. Of course, they may try, birthers are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

April 27, 2011 11:45 am at 11:45 am |
  7. bcrunner

He is proud of himself?? What a bafoon!! What an idiot!!

April 27, 2011 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  8. Mark

So Donald, what did you find? You said you had evidence that would surprise people? Did you lie yet again? You are taking credit for the president providing a document that you said you believed did not exist. Egg on you over tanned face. Hope it doesn't mess up your combover.

April 27, 2011 11:55 am at 11:55 am |