For Boehner, budget cuts tougher when it comes to Ohio jobs
April 29th, 2011

For Boehner, budget cuts tougher when it comes to Ohio jobs

Lima, Ohio (CNN) – The battle-tested heavyweights of American wars - 65-ton giant M1A2 Abrams tanks - are brought to this corner of Ohio to be rebuilt, rewired and reassembled. They roll out of the huge joint Army and General Dynamics plant better than new.

The 1,000 workers here use computers, robots and lasers - and old-fashioned muscle and sweat - to cut armored steel, they use high-tech sighting systems to align weaponry and they use quiet precision to swing 34-ton tank turrets through the air.

FULL STORY

Filed under: John Boehner • Ohio
  1. Dave

Wait a minute. I thought budget cuts and reducing the deficit were Boehner's priorities. Of course when it comes down to his home turf (and election considerations) he seems to be singing another tune. Typical Republican – do as I say, not as I do.

April 29, 2011 07:51 am at 7:51 am |
  2. ConservaFASCISTS

So typical of Boehner. He wanted those inefficient Raptors which were a total waste of taxpayer money. It's always do as I say and not as I do with him.

April 29, 2011 08:05 am at 8:05 am |
  3. Big~Smelly~Wet~Tuna

What ~ the tan man has devious plans?
    I am shocked ~ just shocked
    I thought he was the second coming of Abe Lincoln!
    Make him the dog catcher.

April 29, 2011 08:12 am at 8:12 am |
  4. The Real Tom Paine

What ever happened to the " So be it" attitude he had towards public sector employees? The people at that plant are essentially federal contract employees, and the Pentagon has repeatedly tried to shut down this plant. The war we are fighting right now does not require armor, anyway. If Boehner is serious about the budget, he would let them shut it down. At least he would be proving he is not hypocrite, but I'm not holding my breath.

April 29, 2011 09:03 am at 9:03 am |
  5. diridi

All these GOP guys supported Paul Ryan's Budget plan which cuts Medicare, Social Security, Education, etc....If you have to vote, just ignore all these GOP and Tea Party thugs...vote Dems....Obama 2012.

April 29, 2011 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  6. Rudy NYC

Mr. Speaker, all is not lost. You could always pull a "Lieberman" on your party.

April 29, 2011 09:07 am at 9:07 am |
  7. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

Like any good member of the House, he needs to bring home the money! Is this any real surprise to anyone? I would hope not.

April 29, 2011 09:14 am at 9:14 am |
  8. Al-NY,NY

Well Mr Man From Tan....what are you and your "we're broke. Gotta cut" buddies gonna do now? You talked the talk, now walk the walk. Although I am sure you will somehow worm your way out of it with some lame, hypocritical excuse.

April 29, 2011 09:16 am at 9:16 am |
  9. david

really boehner??? now you suddenly care??? how about you take care of your middle class ohioans like you take care of the rich ala koch brothers???

April 29, 2011 09:18 am at 9:18 am |