U.S. forces kill elusive terror figure Osama bin Laden in Pakistan
May 2nd, 2011

U.S. forces kill elusive terror figure Osama bin Laden in Pakistan

(CNN) - DNA matching is under way on samples from the body of slain terrorist leader Osama Bin Laden, a U.S. government official told CNN on Monday.

There are photographs of the body with a gunshot wound to the side of the head that shows an individual who is not unrecognizable as bin Laden, the official said.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 9/11 • Al Qaeda • President Obama
  1. You Go Boy!

Obama the commander and chief did it, such a smart man.Bush could never

May 2, 2011 12:35 am at 12:35 am |
  2. Ex-republican

congrats to CIA, and our CiC!
    Way to go, Mr. President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2011 12:40 am at 12:40 am |
  3. Four and The Door

Excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent excellent!
    I just hope our Navy Seal had an opportunity to look Bin Laden into the eyes of Bin Laden to let him know this was America arriving to claim our justice. Say good bye, it's here.

May 2, 2011 12:41 am at 12:41 am |
  4. Gen

I have been a member of the us military since I was 17years old. 24 years later I can only remember one other time I felt a sense of accomplishment like I felt now; the capture of Sadam. I was on the block in GTMO. Way to go my fellow soldiers and hooray! To those of you who never served in the armed forces, get off Pres Obama's back. He is my Commander in Chief! Job well done. Job well done.

May 2, 2011 01:01 am at 1:01 am |
  5. Proud member of "Global Zero"

Thanks to everyone that was involved in this mission. Pray for our troops, their families, all the innocents killed all over the world and thank you to our Commander and Chief

May 2, 2011 01:11 am at 1:11 am |
  6. Anonymous

USA!! USA!! USA!!

OBAMA!! OBAMA!! OBAMA!!

May 2, 2011 01:16 am at 1:16 am |
  7. Al Bluengreenenbrownenburger

Now can we declare victory and get the hell out of the Middle East?

May 2, 2011 01:28 am at 1:28 am |
  8. steve

6 more years for President Obama. Trump can go suck his baby thumb.

May 2, 2011 01:43 am at 1:43 am |
  9. Osama bin Laden Dead Dead Dead

Congrats to all members of our intelligence commmunity and military for finally putting this murderous coward where he belongs, in hell. The world has just become a better place and will be even better when we get the rest of these animals 6 feet deep. I'm ecstatic that he knew who was coming for him and I hope he didn't die too quickly. Justice has finally been served and notice given to the rest of these aniamls, your days are numbered.

May 2, 2011 01:57 am at 1:57 am |
  10. BostonianTheWoodlandsTX

Well. Sarah Plain is OFFICIALY a non story. This should shut the door on her 15 minutes for good.

May 2, 2011 03:27 am at 3:27 am |
  11. Josaphat,Daniels.

saul has killed one thousand but David has killed ten thousand.

bush has killed one thousand(sadam) but Obama has killed ten thousand (osama).

May 2, 2011 06:19 am at 6:19 am |