May 4th, 2011

BREAKING: President Obama will not release bin Laden photos

(CNN) - President Barack Obama has made the decision not to release any of the photographs of "the deceased Osama bin Laden," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Osama bin Laden • President Obama
  1. UnknownComic

How can I develop my photoshop conspicy if they don't release the pictures? disappointing...

May 4, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  2. Chase

Yea this is a good move....Lets piss off americans rather then supporters, good luck with your 2012 goals obama.

May 4, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  3. Bob

Big mistake--too many misstatements on this already

May 4, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  4. Linda G

We the American's want proof of his death.....not just your word Mr. President.

May 4, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  5. mostater

Good call.

May 4, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  6. Concerned Citizen

Which leads me to believe that Obama is not telling the truth. I am not out to see a gruesome photo but not releasing the pictures and conveniently burying him at sea shouts cover up! Something is just not right. Not sure what is going on but I am leaning toward a cover-up of some type.

May 4, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  7. SLOTH

Oh no here we go. The moon landing never happened. 9/11 was an inside job. Pres Bush was actually a turkey dressed as a person blah blah blah. Now the conspiritors will never be put in their place (not that it would have mattered to them anyway but at least I would have been able to ignore their paranoia easier.

May 4, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  8. Cindy

I am so glad that these photos will not be released – let's have some class and respect here and now.

May 4, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  9. Tammie

Since when is it the President's call to release the pictures...our tax dollars paid for the supposed military action, therefore, I do believe it is the people's call whether or not those pictures are released.

Unfortunately, we the American public have failed in recent years to remind the people in Washington that they actually work for us, and that they are accountable to us, the American public, for their actions when they are on the "job" for us.

May 4, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  10. neil

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! how do we have real proof that he dead ?

May 4, 2011 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  11. KC

Questionable decision making on Obama's part

12. andrea birchett

I really do believe a body should be shown especially since he had to prove where he was born, and it took him time to do that so I do believe a body should b shown!! My opinion.

13. jake

this is bs. this thing is so huge they cant just not let people see this.

14. Mecella

Uh oh. The American Public who has been completely brainwashed with images of war over the past 200 years will not be happy about this, not at all.

15. MG

I agree with the President. There is another way around this. The pictures can be shown to members of the House and the Senate individualy and in a discrete mannne (no cameras, videotapes and cell phones). The members of the congress can then share their observations with their constituents via local and national media. This will remove ambiguity and solidifies the very existance of these images. It will also debunk the conspiracy theories floating out there.

16. Anonymous

Theres only one reason they wont release the pictures and that is because he is still alive and in there hands.Im sure they would wanna speak to him not just kill him its a good cover-up.

17. Jennifer

WE, as American's have the right to view bin Laden's miserable corps, no
    matter how gruesome, if we so choose. We have the right to see it. We saw
    people jumping over 100 stories to their death. How much more gruesome
    could it really be than to see someone flailing and dropping to their
    death?

18. Timmothy Scalf

It doesn't matter if Obama does not want them released, pressure from other senators and citizens of the United States will force him to release them.

19. KatieS

Thank you Mr. President. It's the right decision

20. Collin

I want proof of his death! Plain and simple, release the photo. The US has already angered the extreamist muslims, I don't think releasing it will do any more harm. Don't release it, and all the naysayers will cry foul, that he's not really dead, etc. etc.

21. Lobbyistgrl

Good choice Mr. President! I hope the conspiracy theorists heads spin around backwards and pop off!

22. Christopher

Americans have been lied to pretty much constantly by their govt for a long time now. Would you take a liar by their word? We want the proof. Nothing morbid about that. Just being cautious in the face of known liars.

23. Name kia davis

I totally agree with the presidents decision to not show those pictures. We do not need to see those gruesome pictures. Really, What is the point, Some people still won't believe those pictures, Why waste your time and energy. President Obama and his team did an amazing job capturing and killing the enemy. We all need to be thanking him. We all love and appreciate you president Obama, You are a good man. Please continue to take care of our country.

24. XWngLady

Osama's family is alive. They saw it and were involved in the firefight. They have confirmed that he was killed. There is no need to release the photos to satisfy our macabre desire to see the grusomeness (Bunch of rubbernecking, "Looky-Lou"s. Especially if it will put Americans and troops in greater danger.

25. RG

I can understand why some people would like to see the pictures; however, I am not in favor of releasing these. I do not think we need any further demonstration of the death of this madman, but I do think it will add fuel to the fire of fundamentalist fanatics who will feel even more compelled to "take a stand" if the photos were made public. I have young children that I do not want exposed to these pictures–I've already had to explain why mommy and daddy were cheering the news on Sunday evening becaise we accidentally woke them from sleep. Photos will find a way out, I'm sure, but it doesn't need to be done through the regular media outlets.

May 4, 2011 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |