May 4th, 2011

BREAKING: President Obama will not release bin Laden photos

(CNN) - President Barack Obama has made the decision not to release any of the photographs of "the deceased Osama bin Laden," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Osama bin Laden • President Obama
  1. Bryan

Good move by the President. We do not need to be reminded of the Devil (Osama bin Laden) may he disappear forever!!

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  2. Jason

The photos of Osama Bin Laden should be released and its an outrage that they will not be. Its proof america needs to see if the government expects us to believe that he really is gone, And as of now alot of my friends and family and I no longer believe that he in fact is dead. By not showing us proof only tells us that the wrong man was killed and the president doesnt want us to know that they messed up.

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  3. George

What a surprise!

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  4. Geenotes

why not release the photos it seems like we are being duped

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  5. User

why?? is there doubt about who they really killed?? I understand that they are in fear of retaliation from whoever is left out there but the people that have suffered for going on for almost 10 YEARS deserve to know and to be 100% certain that the man who was behind this horrible tragedy is dead so that even though its not much but at least they can have SOME type of closure bc all if this breaking news about bin laden now all it has done is reopening those wounds of the families of the victim if not for your own good or political gain Mr. President, do it for your country who wants the truth!!!!!

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  6. michigan is mad at snyder!

So they get to see the photo? No one will agree that he is dead...maybe it was the government that bombed the towers!

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  7. Renee

Wish he would reconsider.

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  8. Prove it

Give us proof!

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  9. Josh

Come on lets hear it from everyone, oh it didnt happen, oh there keeping it from us. GUESS WHAT HE IS DEAD GET OVER IT. MOVE ON.

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  10. David-- Indiana

Stupid, just stupid. So tired of our government being so secretive. I say if your going to boast and say you killed the most criminal man in history, then show it. We saw Saddam,we saw Saddam sons,we have seen Hitler, so it is no different. Sounds like a JFK all over again.

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  11. Bill

What is it with Obama and not releasing documents?

May 4, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  12. Really?

This is ridiculous. So I guess President Obama thinks its alright to show images of the collapsing towers, of United States civilians jumping out of them, but not the picture of the madman responsible? This is outrageous to say the least. If this is the decision then where is the explanation behind it. Al Qaeda doesn't show any respect towards our dead, parading their bodies in the streets, but Americans cannot see visual evidence that a criminal has been punished? Wow.

May 4, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  13. Sam

This is disapointing to say the least, I feel after the images shown after 9/11- of people throwing themselves out of buildings to have some shot of survival and the footage of people running from debris, the images shown across the world. I would have thought that Obama would have seen this as some type of closure for the American people ( although I know al qaeda's reign is far from over)...

May 4, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  14. Ravito

So, the administration decides not to bomb the complex so his remains aren't obliterated and it can be established that he was there and was killed, but then orders he be quickly buiried at sea and that no pictures be released. Makes little sense to me. Those who hate the U.S. will not be less inclined to hate because photos aren't relesaed. And those who insist that bin Laden died years ago or that he hasn't died will be given fodder to continue to spew conspiracy theories. I don't have any doubt he was killed in the raid, but why give fuel those who do?

May 4, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  15. DEUCE

Good idea Mr. President. The Birthers need something to latch on to. Will they fall for it a second time?

Probably LOL

May 4, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  16. Dave Lush

I am not sure I understand why the photos are not being released, I my self have watched a few Muslims say bin Laden was not a Muslim and they hate him as well, we can not fear the extremists i have family in military that agree.

May 4, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  17. Stefanie

Of course he won't. I'm sick and tired of hearing these stupid politicians say that it would do more harm than good. Really?!?! I mean, shooting the guy in the head, killing him, and throwing him into the sea wasn't going to upset anyone? But releasing the pictures will? IDIOTS!!! LIARS!!!

May 4, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  18. warren smith

if people don't want to going along than they really need to take a second look

May 4, 2011 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  19. oh come on!!!

Well, Mr. President, if not to prove his death, then could you release them so that we can at least gloat?

May 4, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  20. WDinDallas

Well that is BS. Probably aren't any anyway.

I had friends from Australia calling me yesterday laughing and asking if Obama's numbers were down. They believe this is just another publicity stunt and that's from another country.

May 4, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  21. inveus

The White House Photoshop professional is not available.

May 4, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  22. MyThoughts

Amazing is all I can say. I think all of the people who praise Obama are WRONG on that. The men and women who are over seas protecting us and fighting this battle are the people who did it. Obama was only the person who happened to be the president when it happened.

May 4, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  23. Grell

Way to encourage conspiracy theorists.

May 4, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  24. aelarsen

just leak the photo.....who are you going to offend?
    the people that want to kill us?
    if you kill americans we will hunt you down and kill you....like a mangy dog

May 4, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  25. MnM

Nice, Obama won't release a photo because either (1) he is not dead; or my favorite...(2) Obama and Osama are the same person and we have all been duped!

May 4, 2011 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |