May 4th, 2011

BREAKING: President Obama will not release bin Laden photos

(CNN) - President Barack Obama has made the decision not to release any of the photographs of "the deceased Osama bin Laden," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Wednesday.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Osama bin Laden • President Obama
  1. hahah

what a joke

May 4, 2011 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  2. FormerHippy

President Obama is lying about getting Usama Bin Laden as a political ploy to take the heat off of himself for the mess he has made of the economy. If he were telling the truth, he would release the photo of a dead UBL. Have you noticed that not one word of the nations' debt limit or the economy has appeared in print or on the internet since Obama announced that he got UBL?

May 4, 2011 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  3. LW

That's a smart decision. Thank you.

The only negative thing is that now the Donald will have more fodder for saying stupid things (i.e., 'where's the official death certificate'?). Here we go again.......

May 4, 2011 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  4. luis

I agree with president. i believe what was done with osama. there is no reason for President to lie as others before him have done. i believe it would be slap in the face to those who worship and followed him and it would only picture us as a very bad country. the mission has been accomplished now so lets move on.

May 4, 2011 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  5. Lotta

Bravo to the President.
    No one would benefit from releasing the photos. As sad as it is we can't change history and we sure don't want to create more problems than we're already experiencing.

May 4, 2011 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  6. Don

I agree with the President on this one... I mean if you don't believe, you don't believe. I've seen photos of UFO's, it still hasn't convinced me that they exist.

7. NameJoy Davis

Common sense prevailed. The photos should not be released.

8. Anonymous

Believe it is a mistake not to show picture. There are already a lot of people who don't believe Osama is dead, but it is propaganda.

9. Rosemary Wescott

Our tax dollars will ultimately pay for this operation led by the Navy Seals, therefore, we have the RIGHT to see the photos. Osama was the man who gave all Muslims a bad name, and if they don't want to view the photos, they do not have to do so. This is America, and I'm sick and tired of catering to those people who are guests in our Country. I must have viewed the video of President Kennedy being shot at least 25 times, so I'm sure that I, as well as the other Americans, can handle it. OR, is it NOT the Americans the administration is trying to protect. This just enrages me

10. Julian

It's not in the public's best interest to see the photos, but independent varification is important. Allow one rep from all major news outlets – dometstic and aboard – to see the material. No recording devices, just pencil and paper.

11. gary davis

good the right wing birthers will now havesomething to pi$$ and moan about . anything our president does isn't good enough for these freaks . so I agree don't release them we have seen enough killing . so shut up all you wackos . you are helping the enemy stay alive by bad mouthing our presidetn the media needs to stop feeding and fueling the flames of bigotry

12. Nathan

let the conspiracy theory freaks rejoice

13. T3chsupport

Whelp, here we go some more!

14. Linda

I think not releasing the photos is a wise decision. It would just create more wrath than what we may face now.

15. canada

Great call! You wouldn't want it posted if Al Queda killed obama so don't post it. Do onto others. The Christian way isn't that correct?

16. Ninja

Good call Mr. President. We don’t need to set off a bunch of extremists just to satisfy the whims of some that don’t understand (or maybe are hoping for) the possible consequences.

17. rickyName

That's cause he's not dead

18. Bill Hooper

While I understand (or at least think I do) the president's relutance to release the photos, we as a people/ nation need to know that the monster is dead. I truly doubt that all involved would lie but unfortunately with out something the average person can see, short of photos of the actual body, is just leaving the door open to the conspiracy fringe and lingering doubt.Would a picture be as good as seeing the actual body? I'd have to say no....but it's better than nothing. I praise and thank everyone involved for their valiant efforts but with all the people and families who's lives have been change and hurt forever I feel that a few pictures is little to ask.

19. altoonagirl

Although this will probably disappoint a lot of people and inspire more conspiracy nuts, it probably is the right call, at least for now. Emotions are raw, and keeping the extremists from having a body or image to rally around is wise.

May 4, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  20. Robert

The President has no reason not to post Osama's picture! It should be posted to halt any rumor of a cover up or propaganda.

May 4, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  21. Jason

No one required photos of Hitler's corpse when he was declared dead. Dont think the Baggers are going to stop kicking this dead horse anytime soon! The Right really knows how to kill a decent celebration. Party poopers.

May 4, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  22. Kevin Q

By far the worst President in American History

May 4, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  23. marlyb

This is a bad idea. As gruesome as the photos are this is now going to stir up conspiracy theories. There are already a large group of people including both Bin Laden supporters and even us as American citizens that need the proof he is really dead. a lot of people don’t trust government in the first place and this will just lay more doubt for our government. As horrible as the pictures may be, they are needed so it shows not only proof but that this is not a political agenda for the President. I voted for Obama, but in this case, I wonder why the timing is what it is and why we can’t be shown proof of Bin Laden’s death.

May 4, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  24. Oz

Go figure...........We worry about what those cowards are going to do if you publish the photos. They are going to do it anyway. Whats the diffrence with Obl then Shuss. and his sons? This is a SOFT decesion by our President.......Just lost my VOTE in 2012........They can see over 3,000 people die on 9/11 but we can't justify the leader of this travesty with a gun shot to his head. If I where President I would have set up a damn cage match at the WTC and watch every family have a go at him...Then sell it to Pay Per View...........Obama and his council just dropped the ball. BIGTIME!!!!!

May 4, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  25. Wes

I get more and more disapointed with our national leaders everytime they open thier mouth.

May 4, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |