May 4th, 2011

CNN/Opinion Research Poll – May 2 – Osama bin Laden

TOPICS: Is Osama bin Laden in Hell?

Full results (pdf)

Filed under: CNN Poll Archive • Extra
  1. Four and The Door

I think he is in the Atlantic Ocean somewhere. Maybe the Med? Did they say? A more interesting question is did he float or did he sink right away. Beyond that I think we are all just guessing.

May 4, 2011 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  2. Rickapolis

If bin Laden isn't in hell there isn't one.

May 4, 2011 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  3. Gino

I am tired to hear most of you newscasters asking so many questions about Osama Bin Laden, such as was it right to shoot him when he was unarmed, was he buried at sea or not, and the likes... the guy is dead, great, wonderful, it's about time he met death..."he who lives by the sword, dies by the sword" is an old saying and it became true with Bin Laden. Wow, big deal, he was shot unarmed? So what, how about all the people who were killed on 9-11 under Bin Laden's order? Were they armed? Maybe a few guards that were in the tower were armed, but the majority of the people in the planes, in the Towers, at the Pentagon were not armed, and they were killed... nobody said, they died unarmed! You people who make a big deal about Bin Laden at CNN and in other broadcasting companies should just relax and not put your noses where they do not belong! The Navy Seals did a great job and will do more such jobs as will other groups similar to the Seals. And whether Bin Laden was buried at sea or not, big deal... how about all the bodies that have never been found on 9-11? Are the bodies of these beings not more important? Bin Laden is gone, let’s get his acolytes now!

May 4, 2011 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  4. paulbark

I don't know if there's a hell or not. But if there is, Bin Laden is there for sure!

May 4, 2011 12:37 pm at 12:37 pm |
  5. Rudy NYC

I would assume that Bin Laden is wherever his religous beliefs say that he should be.

May 4, 2011 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  6. janetlaw

You're kidding right? You apparently need to keep your poll employees busy....

May 4, 2011 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  7. The Day of Financial Reckoning is HERE - The Great Democrat Welfare Society Ends

Hell is too god for him, but since there was no other worse alternative, there he burns. And there ain't no 77 virgins burnin' with him!!

May 4, 2011 12:52 pm at 12:52 pm |
  8. CTL

Interesting that out of 700 people, only 5%, totaling only 35 people, say there is no Hell. Oh, and that there seems to be no data for non-whites. What happened to all the Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, etc. don't they get a say in this? After all, it wasn't just white people who died on 9/11, there were hispanics, most notably my friend Waleska Martinez. And before you lash out at me, I'm just mentioning a couple things I saw, they aren't a big deal, just something that made me take a second look.

~All Is Well

May 4, 2011 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  9. Just Me

Um..I've never been to hell so I would not know. Nevertheless, I cant imagine his soul is in a nice place right now. As far as I know, he is in a watery grave probably been eaten by sharks already with the spills being nudged at by bottom feeders.

May 4, 2011 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |