Cheney book cover unveiled
May 19th, 2011

Cheney book cover unveiled

(CNN) – We still don't know what Dick Cheney's memoir will reveal, but now we know what it will look like.

Threshold Editions, an imprint of mega publishing house Simon & Schuster, unveiled the cover of the former vice president's upcoming memoir Wednesday, portraying a pensive-looking Cheney from what appears to be his days in the White House.

It remains unclear if the former vice president will drop any bombshells in the new book and his publisher is remaining tight lipped on the contents, saying only, "For the first time, former Vice President Dick Cheney opens up about a life and career in politics that has spanned more than four decades."

Cheney, who is currently living off a battery-powered device to pump blood through his body as he contemplates a heart transplant, inked a multi-million dollar deal with Threshold Editions two years ago to write to book. Former Cheney aide and current CNN contributor Mary Matalin serves as editor-in-chief of Threshold.

Filed under: Dick Cheney
  1. Tom in NY

Let's see, this ought to contain: outright lies about Iraq, torture and intelligence gathering; obfuscation about Halliburton and the closed door energy task force; lies about Democrats; puffery about George W. Bush; outright lies about Bushanomics and the destruction of the U.S. economy; no apologies for outing Valerie Plame; and perhaps a vague reference to shooting a crony in the face (with likely no mention of why it took so long to report it). And the Right will eat it up like the lapdogs that they are,

May 19, 2011 08:55 am at 8:55 am |
  2. Dean

I can't wait for Biden's memoir...1,001 Bathroom Jokes.

May 19, 2011 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  3. ConservaFASCISTS

In your time you were a WAR CRIMINAL!!!

May 19, 2011 08:58 am at 8:58 am |
  4. Rudy NYC

How many more bombshells can he drop? He has already covered all of the major controversies.
    – "Waterboarding" is legal according to the Justice Department
    – "Deficits don't matter" according to Cheney.
    – "So what" that we knew that we had not evidence of WMD in Iraq.

May 19, 2011 09:01 am at 9:01 am |
  5. Yankees fan

Please – no more Dick! Can't this guy just finally exit the stage.

May 19, 2011 09:08 am at 9:08 am |
  6. Seattle Sue

I would not read his book if it was free.

May 19, 2011 09:12 am at 9:12 am |
  7. Jim

I'll wait until Barnes & Noble puts Cheney's babbling book on sale on the bargain shelf. I'll buy a couple of copies not for reading but for emergency toliet tissue.

May 19, 2011 09:16 am at 9:16 am |
  8. Jack in Florida

I wouldn't waste my hard, earned money to buy his lies. He should be tried as a war criminal in the Hague!

May 19, 2011 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  9. diridi

who buys this idiot's book is a biggest idiot.....war criminal needs to be behind bars by the side of that Straus-kahn....o.k.

May 19, 2011 09:20 am at 9:20 am |
  10. Dominican mama 4 Obama

-------------------------------------------------–
    Looks over substance that pretty much sums it up for this war criminal.

May 19, 2011 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  11. SAY WHAT!!!

"In My Time I screwed America, Lied to Americans, and Started baseless wars so that my friends at Halliburton could get no bid contracts."

May 19, 2011 09:24 am at 9:24 am |
  12. Dominican mama 4 Obama

I could be mistaken but that photo on the cover of the book looks like it was taken in that corridor where the PRESIDENT usually walks down before stepping up to the podium and addressing the press.
    We always knew that Darth Vader always thought that HE was the President and that the Shrub was just HIS mouthpiece.

May 19, 2011 09:27 am at 9:27 am |
  13. mgc florida

Will this family ever go away!!!!!

May 19, 2011 09:30 am at 9:30 am |
  14. GI Joe

I wouldn't read the lie-packed piece of crap if someone paid me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Unplug the war criminal from our society. Put him in prison.

May 19, 2011 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  15. Al-NY,NY

I guess George Lucas wouldn't let him use an image of Darth Vadar for the cover. Maybe the image from "Nosferatu" is available since he was and still is a bloodsucking monster

May 19, 2011 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  16. Lynda/Minnesota

"The book, called In My Time, is 544 pages and set to be released on August 30, according to the publisher."

To which I offer my humble opinion: "So what"

May 19, 2011 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  17. Glenda

One thing it will reveal is the truth not like what we get from ObAMA AND HIS SOCIALIST GOVERMENT. hE NEEDS TO BE IMPEACHED FOR SPYING.

May 19, 2011 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  18. Joe from CT, not Lieberman

This will either be a fantasy to rival Tolkein's epic, or if it is a real tell-all, he will be indicted by his own words. I want to read how he handles telling about his 6 defferments during NAM because he was "too busy" to serve in the military. I want to read about his dealings with Saddam Hussein when he was in charge at Haliburton. I want to read how he talks about the no-bid contracts awarded to Haliburton and Blackwater.
    Like I said, either a fantasy to rival "the Lord of the Rings" or a self indictment.

May 19, 2011 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  19. Anonymous

In civilized country this guy would be in jail...

May 19, 2011 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  20. Sniffit

Between him, Jaberwocky Barbie and Little Timmy Polenta they're going to put Charmin out of business.

May 19, 2011 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  21. chris24

it should be called "my life in prison and how i got there"

May 19, 2011 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  22. NVa Native

This draft dodging pompas wanna-be bully has never been honest with the public in his whole life, why would anyone think he would start now?
    But I'm sure the weak minded foxygen crowd & fox media will buy them up because in their perverse way they've been brained washed to "feel" it's their patriotic duty.

May 19, 2011 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  23. Jess C

Should have been written from prison.

May 19, 2011 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  24. Thankfully Independent

Dick Cheney's perspective on his history and events from the Ford Administration onward to the Bush Administration would be lacking in truth. He lied, distorted and deceived his entire career, so why would I pay money for something like this?

May 19, 2011 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  25. MM

Shouldn't the title be "deficits don't matter" and other issues I am always right on. Biggest scumbag to ever grace the White House. He makes tricky dick nixon look like bambi.

May 19, 2011 09:51 am at 9:51 am |