Netanyahu to Obama: No return to 1967 lines
May 20th, 2011

Netanyahu to Obama: No return to 1967 lines

Washington (CNN) –Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Friday firmly rejected President Barack Obama's call for a return to the borders that existed before the 1967 Middle East war, telling the U.S. leader that such a move is impossible in light of current security concerns and demographic realities.

Listen: Candy Crowley and Bob Costantini talk Obama-Middle East and the GOP's Help Wanted attitude:

The two leaders pledged to work together, however, in the pursuit of a comprehensive Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement.

Updated 2:42 p.m.

FULL STORY
  1. Proud member of "Global Zero"

@ Fair is Fair...I am of the sect that likes to get up in the morning, say hello to ALL my neighbors, run with my dogs, and go to work to support my family. I am the sect that likes all people, even those with different opinions than mine. You see, if the leaders (ha ha) get out of the way...the vast majority of people are just like me. We just want to get along. I believe that would happen if elected leaders would get out of the way.

I was reared Conservative but am now Reformed.

May 20, 2011 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  2. JomoDaMusicMan

As long as Israel is occupying Arab Land, THERE WILL BE NO PEACE. Obama and every free thinking individual in this entire world knows this. Only when Israel agrees to go back to the 1967 boundaries can the peace talks start.

May 20, 2011 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  3. Lucullus

Screw poor little tiny surrounded Israel The Palestinians have been living in refugee camps since their country was partitioned. I'm sure all those bible thumping jackboot right wing supporters of Israel would be happy to partition the US if it could prove that someone else's magic man in the sky had give the land to them first, some 2000 years ago. If only the Palestinians would be reasonable and accept the fact that they have to pay for what the Nazi's did. If only they understood that because there was a country called Israel there 2000 years ago, Europeans now have a right to drive them off their land, things would be great. Unfortunately they don't the selfish little SOB's seem to think that just because they can draw they roots back hundreds if not thousands of years to the land there that they're entitled to keep it.

May 20, 2011 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  4. comotu

Osama ,Obama isn't these names come from the same origin ?????????????????

May 20, 2011 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  5. comotu

as always CNN is sponsor by george solos so none of the right comment will be post !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2011 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  6. New Age Independent

With "allies" like Obama who needs enemies?

May 20, 2011 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  7. Darth Vadik, CA

Netenyahu, a convicted felon, member of the extreme radical right wing Likud, and war-criminal in my opinion, should be thrown out of the white house on his behind….

…and all aid to Israel should be suspended until the radical Likuds are out of power….

May 20, 2011 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  8. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

Obama is the right man to attempt to bring peace in that region. I have full faith in him. Obama/Biden 2011

May 20, 2011 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |