May 20th, 2011

Obama thanks intelligence workers for bin Laden mission

(CNN) - President Barack Obama honored CIA officers for their role in the death of Osama bin Laden during a visit to CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, on Friday.

A crowd of about 1,000 greeted Obama with cheers and a standing ovation, according to CIA spokeswoman Marie Harf.

FULL STORY

Filed under: CIA • Osama bin Laden • President Obama
  1. LacrosseMom(real one)

That's right, Mr. President! Thank you CIA, Navy Seals and all who worked hard to accomplish this goal!

May 20, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  2. GI Joe

At least he didn't "spike the ball, brag, etc.", by donning a flight jacket and calling up a Navy Ship with a banner that said "Mission Accomplished". Dubya was a swaggering cowboy that made me sick to my stomach. HE (Shrub) was the worst president ever. We'll never know all the secret deals for his buddies in the Oil Companies and the trickery he used on everyone for the war "to get the man that tried to kill my daddy".

May 20, 2011 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  3. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

And the victory tour continues... All this buffoon is good for is bloviated speeches, photo ops and fund raising. He has no clue on how to lead a country. Hey dum dum! What's with the 9% unemployment (really 17%)??? How's that trillion dollar stimulus plan working out??!! Gas and food prices sky rocketing, oopps time for another photo op at CIA HQ to show people I'm doing something.

May 20, 2011 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  4. hughglass

The President closed he remarks by saying, "Let me be very clear, I personally don't believe all those folks who say I could have done it without your assistance."

May 20, 2011 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  5. concerned liberal

@ GI Joe "At least he didn't "spike the ball, brag, etc.", "

I think you missed it then. This is exactly how a condescending preppy suit would spike the ball. Cowboys and preppy suits do it differently one from another.

May 20, 2011 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |