Pawlenty on possible Palin run: 'I believe my message will prevail'
May 26th, 2011

Pawlenty on possible Palin run: 'I believe my message will prevail'

Milford, New Hampshire (CNN) – Who’s afraid of Sarah Palin?

Apparently not presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty.

After an appearance  at an electronic contract manufacturer in Milford, New Hampshire on Thursday, the former Minnesota governor was asked if he is concerned that a Palin bid could "big-foot" his White House hopes.

This comes amid fresh clues fueling the guessing game over whether or not Palin will run for president.

“I mean, I can’t control what other people are going to do or not do. All I can control is my effort,” Pawlenty said. “And I know who I am and why I’m running, and what our message is, and I believe that’s going to prevail.”

Though Pawlenty did not mention Palin by name, he did lay out what could be his argument against her, should the two square off.

“This is a country that’s drowning in debt and deficit, a country that’s got an economy that is in deep trouble and I can fix it,” he said.

“The reason I know that is because I’ve tackled these kinds of issues in Minnesota –- in a tough state. But as to who else may run or not run, you know, that’s up to them. And we’ll see."

Follow Shannon Travis on Twitter: @shantraviscnn

Filed under: 2012 • New Hampshire • Sarah Palin • Tim Pawlenty
  1. CNN watcher

Could the GOP field for 2012 be any more pathetic? What a crop of losers.

May 26, 2011 05:39 pm at 5:39 pm |
  2. Em in Minnesota

The way he handles deficits in Minnesota was to borrow from every other fund he could including the public school system...he left them with IOUs and the state with a $6 billion deficit and walked away. That's NOT the way to help the country. People in Minnesota know this idiot...ask them what they think of him!

May 26, 2011 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  3. Marla Dee Miller

Are we ever...EVER to be rid of this "stupid embarrassing loud-mouth "no class"....lying selfish self-serving...idiot?

May 26, 2011 05:41 pm at 5:41 pm |
  4. FactCheck

The "Fire in the Belly and Bats in the Belfrey" tour is in full swing. Don't forget to send your 'donations' to SarahPac. Woman's gotta eat.

May 26, 2011 05:45 pm at 5:45 pm |
  5. Eiolgj

All the candidates, as well as the so called lame-stream media need to ignore Palin. Give her what she wants, at least what she says she wants, and see what happens.

May 26, 2011 05:50 pm at 5:50 pm |
  6. D-Nice

Timmy, your record in Minnesota is not that stellar. I guess he is hoping no one will actually research that and just take his word on it.

May 26, 2011 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  7. vic , nashville ,tn

Many republicans not interested in GOP primary now good candidates not running ( who can beat Obama in 2012)
    So who wants to listen his message?

May 26, 2011 07:21 pm at 7:21 pm |