Palin rolls out 'vision of the future' in video
May 27th, 2011

Palin rolls out 'vision of the future' in video

(CNN)-What begins with the howl of a grizzly bear and ends with a promise that "our best days are yet to come?"

The promotional video that caps off a roll-out announcement for former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's bus tour.

The video, produced by the same duo behind Palin's 2010 "Mama Grizzlies" spot and released Friday, follows Palin's Thursday reveal of her "One Nation" bus tour. The tour begins Memorial Day in Washington, D.C. and travels "up through New England," according to the SarahPAC website.

"We have a vision for the future of our country," the self-proclaimed "mama grizzly" declares in a voiceover narrating scenes of towns and citizens across America.

She singles out Republican founding fathers Washington and Lincoln, as well as her oft-quoted GOP icon Ronald Reagan as figures who have passed down the "enduring truths" of freedom and the Constitution "to you."

The potential presidential contender stirred up speculation about whether she would seek the GOP nomination in 2012 with the "One Nation" tour announcement and news that a pro-Palin feature film would debut in the first-in-the-nation caucus state of Iowa.

And though exact cities on the tour have yet to be disclosed, a Palin source told CNN that stops will be historic sites along the East Coast "that were key to the formation, survival and growth of the United States of America," including the Civil War battlefields at Gettysburg and Antietam, Philadelphia - to visit the Liberty Bell - and a visit to the first-in-the-nation-primary state of New Hampshire.

Perhaps hinting at her future plans, Palin assures, "We know our best days are yet to come."

Listen to the Political Notebook as Candy Crowley, anchor of CNN's State of the Union, and Bob Costantini discuss Sarah Palin's bus tour and Tim Pawlenty's truth comments. Plus, Memorial Day weekend "Poli-Synch."

Filed under: 2012 • CNN Radio Political Notebook • Sarah Palin
  1. rick

Sarah,

Please do us all a favor and just go away. The money you are going to spend on a useless campaign could feed a lot of people.

May 27, 2011 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  2. Mike Chino Hills, Ca

I have been a registered Republican for 25 yrs, and this lady makes me ashamed of that statistic. What happened to my GOP?

May 27, 2011 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  3. Thomas the Social Worker

Grizzlies eat carrion, prey on the weak and wounded, and are (fond of) trash. What a fitting mascot Sarah!

May 27, 2011 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  4. Pinklady

It takes almost 2 hours for moderation? What gives

May 27, 2011 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  5. pockets

She is like a nightmare that just won't end.

May 27, 2011 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  6. jim

more fantasy with few if any facts or plans, i bet. i won't be watching it. when it comes to real life, I prefer facts.

May 27, 2011 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  7. some guy

my favorite part of sarahpac.com is where she rambles on forever about how she signed a bill to pay for her own tv shows with state money

May 27, 2011 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  8. BP

When Washington was President, the Republican party did not even exist. Please fact check.

May 27, 2011 08:33 pm at 8:33 pm |
  9. Gregg

Oh brother.
    I am less worried about the brainless Sara and her rhetoric than I am about the rest of our un-educated US population believing the garbage she spews out.
    If she becomes president or even vice president I will reverse immigrate to my family’s homeland in Norway?
    I just could not take it if some religious dolt was able to fool the majority of Americans into thinking she is qualified.

May 27, 2011 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  10. Alpha

It is sad that this woman has been allowed to use words like country, USA, and patriotism for her own personal financial gain, but 1/3 of the country is too stupid to realize what she's doing. If only it wasn't for that bottom 3rd, I wouldn't have to comment on this crappy cnn article :)

May 27, 2011 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  11. Jim

"She singles out Republican founding fathers Washington and Lincoln"

Either this is revisionist history or a serious screw-up. Washington wasn't a Republican. The Republican party wasn't even founded until the 1850s.

May 27, 2011 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  12. Doug

This woman has pimped her self and her family for money for a few years now.. The woman has no brains, she won't let anyone interview her unless she knows the questions first.. This useless pos is a joke and anyone who votes for her is a joke right along with her untalented family... Any questions ?

May 27, 2011 08:42 pm at 8:42 pm |
  13. Big Game James

Obama, the job is yours. The other side is clutching at straws.

May 27, 2011 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  14. Chris

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz either shut or run!!!

May 27, 2011 08:43 pm at 8:43 pm |
  15. spyderboyy

Oh Palin.
    Washington wasn't a Republican, and Lincoln wasn't a founding father. I hope you do run, I need the entertainment.

May 27, 2011 08:44 pm at 8:44 pm |
  16. Ambrogino

To borrow a tatic from the Right wing media, is she stating she is better than Abaraham Lincolnn, George Washington or Ronald Reagan?

May 27, 2011 08:46 pm at 8:46 pm |
  17. Dave

A bear bellowing at the sky would be the perfect icon for Palin's campaign were it not for the fact that most bears are better informed and whine less than Alaska's quitter-in-chief. On the bright side, perhaps Palin will start hibernating, which will cut down her hot air emissions and thus reduce global warming.

May 27, 2011 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |
  18. doc005

I think I just threw up in my mouth....

May 27, 2011 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  19. J-NW

I really hope Palin wins the GOP nomination. I would be much more worried if someone with an IQ above 110 represented the greedy corporations and the KKK.

May 27, 2011 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  20. mary

Maybe we should tell Sarah just what the "vision" of her future really will be..."The best is yet to come"..you bet it is! This should be a great ride! If anyone out there is wondering why she is making this spectical of herself–Google "basics of psychology" and read the discription of a narcissist. She nails it!......Pathetic–meanwhile I'm going to relax this memorial weekend and begin my new book- "The Lies of Sarah Palin" Geoffery Dunn

May 27, 2011 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  21. FBMarky

If she shows up anywhere near my town, I'll be first in line to shout mean and nasty things at her. I've waited two years for the chance to behave like the tea baggers acted in the last election. They taught me so much about how to take my country back! Wye-Aye!

May 27, 2011 08:52 pm at 8:52 pm |
  22. fred

P.T. Barnum couldn't have done better.

May 27, 2011 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  23. Jeff

Sorry, but Washington was NOT a Republican.

May 27, 2011 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  24. Republicans - "The not Intened to be factually accurate Party"

She hasn`t said anything, proposed any solutions, accomplished anything noteworthy.

She lacks even the most basic leadership competencies.

Until this woman submits herself to substantive questions – that are not provided in advance – true journalists shouldnLt write a thing about her in newspaper, magazines or web sites.

May 27, 2011 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |
  25. George Guadiane - Austerlitz, NY

Well, She's NOT stupid... OK, she is politically, ethically challenged, but she SURE knows how to self promote and make money.
    She's selling a two hour campaign commercial that the flock she herds will gladly pay to see. She gets PAID to measure the "Love" that these people feel for her and then she gets to tout the box office results as "PROOF" that she is an electable candidate.

There may be snake in that oil, but there is certainly not any medicine for the country in it.

May 27, 2011 08:53 pm at 8:53 pm |