Palin rolls into Washington on a motorcycle, with a message
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin rides on the back of a motorcycle before participating in "Rolling Thunder" rally May 29, 2011 in Arlington, Virginia.
May 29th, 2011

Palin rolls into Washington on a motorcycle, with a message

Washington (CNN) – Sarah Palin rode into Washington, D.C. on the back of a motorcycle Sunday, kicking off what is expected to be a week of stops to educate America about its founding principles.

She delivered her message on the National Mall as part of the "Rolling Thunder" rally in honor of Memorial Day. "Rolling Thunder" is a non-profit organization dedicated to the search for American military personnel who are prisoners of war or missing in action.

The former Alaska governor and potential 2012 presidential candidate thanked "Rolling Thunder" for making sure Americans "don't forget it's our vets whom we owe a debt of gratitude."

"I'm an American. I have no title. I have no office," Palin told CNN's Sandra Endo. "To be an American citizen with the freedom to come out here and assemble to thank you veterans, I can't tell you how honored I am to be invited to participate."

After driving on a motorcycle and walking on the Mall with her husband Todd and daughters Bristol and Piper, Palin met with veterans and families associated with the "Rolling Thunder" organization.

Filed under: 2012 • Sarah Palin
  1. Sparky101

Sarah is such a nice person, and of course had a son serve in Iraq. I've heard her speak eloquently about our brave and capable military. I wish her and her family all the best.

May 29, 2011 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  2. Roddyboy

What a loser Palin is! Nobody even wants her at Rolling Thunder! As a Veteran of U.S. forces, I "Hate" to be affiliated with anything she tries to slug herself into!!!

May 29, 2011 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  3. Johnson

I am a Soldier with 22 years, I will soon be retiring and I am a Democrat. Well, I guess that I am not a real America. Sarah is more American than I. I support my Commander in Chief, I guess it all really means that you have to be republican and like the activities that they do. Sarah stole the show.

May 29, 2011 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  4. vic , nashville ,tn

Photo worth $$$$ for her. She is there to make money. Who is buying her stories photo speak its self

May 29, 2011 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  5. michaelam

From Grizzly Mama to Motorcycle Mama-–
    Run, $arah, run! You will be the greatest gift to--the DEMOCRATS!
    In fact, $arah, double down on the stupid and crazy and choose Eddie Munster (Paul Ryan) as your running mate!

Obama/Biden-2012!

May 29, 2011 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  6. ruth

She is the shame of this world. Please Palin go on the bike tour for 20 years!

May 29, 2011 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  7. Liberal4Obama

Ha Ha Ha... Riding on the back of the motorcycle, is that what Sarah calls being "In charge"?. Palin certainly is "Leading From Behind" LOL

May 29, 2011 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  8. sak

Always nice to see folks supporting the Vets and those still MIA. Any famous person of goodwill who wants to take the time and participate to show their support is welcome.

May 29, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  9. VA VERY Ex Republican

I am really tired of commenting about Airhead. So as of today I decided to stop. she is not even worth spending a second of my time thinking about what to say in order to educate Joe and Jane about this woman who profits from lying to them. so here is my final comment: NO COMMENT...................

May 29, 2011 02:51 pm at 2:51 pm |
  10. Steve in Denver

"I'm an American. I have no title. I have no office,"

Right. You quit the last job the people of Alaska elected you to.

And, you have no brains.

May 29, 2011 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  11. ArkayMI

"be a week of stops to educate America about its founding principles." – The only people who Palin can 'educate' are under 5 years.

May 29, 2011 02:52 pm at 2:52 pm |
  12. flint rock

She can't drive it. Marlon Brando could be President. Too bad he's dead

May 29, 2011 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  13. clare

Honestly, the Republicans must be absoulty nuts to think Sarah Palin has the brains to even run a household of her own let alone lead the US. The fact she has anything to do with Fox News does not that tell you something? Look at her friends on Fox News !!!

May 29, 2011 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  14. Just Me

No thank you Sarah. I think you need that education yourself. The day I need Sarah Palin to "educate" me on the founding principles of this country is the day that I should be packing my bags and heading to another planet that can sustain my life.

May 29, 2011 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  15. NoWay

Just a loose cannon.

May 29, 2011 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  16. Joan

This is the third time in a month that President Obama has met with victims of the terrible tornadoes and floods and he shows tremendous care, thoughtfulness and compassion. During the last week he took part in extremely important meetings with so many top world leaders and it was evident that he is respected and well liked by them all. By the huge crowds that cheered for him in every city, it is pretty clear that the general public in those foreign countries really like him too. He and his wife were personal guests of the Queen for two nights at Buckingham Palace when other leaders were not there. He can rise to the occasion on so many levels. The night of the correspondent's dinner when he so clearly put Donald Trump in his place by describing some of Trump's decisions on The Apprentice by saying "That would keep me up at night" he knew that he had already signed for the mission to kill Bin Laden the next morning. Obviously that must have been playing on his mind and he wouldn't get sleep that night, but you would never have known it from his cool, calm demeanour. Contrast this intelligent, capbable, respected world leader with the image of Sarah Palin sitting on the back of a motorcycle. Which one demonstrates the presidential qualities needed to lead your country and who is the real statesman?

May 29, 2011 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  17. Pacito

The one thing that the Veterans asked her not to do was to politicize their Rolling Thunder annual event. There's her video with the "donate to me" banner. Pure disrespect. It's about POWs and MIAs and veterans, Sarah.

May 29, 2011 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  18. GOP = Greed Over People

Missy looks almost as stupid in her Chanel leather jacket on a bike as Dukais did in that tank!

May 29, 2011 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  19. Riley

Obama has let us all down. Im not a Palin fan, but believe she could do a better job than Obama has done.

May 29, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  20. I hope Sarah Doesn't run for Pres!

Please oh Please do not let this be our GOP front runner!! Every word that comes out of her mouth seems fake!! For someone who is "not a Washington insider", she of all people knows how to be a politician!!

May 29, 2011 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  21. FRANK FROM LAS VEGAS

"I'm an American. I have no title. I have no office,"
    You have no office because you quit you, and for your information, We Are All Americans, you idiot! Further more, if the rest of us Americans had the millions of dollars that Half Gov. Palin now has because she quit her job, we would have been at Rolling Thunder too. To put it in terms that even Half Gov. Palin can understand, she has a 22 caliber mind in a 38 Magnum world.

May 29, 2011 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  22. jae

Sarah please run.don't listen to those republicans who sassy bachmans better than u.r u gonna let bachman b the first woman to get nominated from her party to become I mean run for PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES? Run Sarah run Bachman for president should read PALIN FOR PRESIDENT!!! Run sarah run lol

May 29, 2011 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  23. Lisa Brennan

You coulda had an office. Quitting is also not part of the founding principles of this country. But justice for all is...and the tea party is not my idea of an inclusive movement. It is more of a bowel movement....and it gives me IBS. And I do not have health insurance. I am a vet ( combat engineers) and you, Palin, are no patriot, In fact, you are the opposite. But please keep running for that next office.

May 29, 2011 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  24. Janey

"I'm an American. I have no title. I have no office," Palin said. She forgot to add, "I have no shame."

May 29, 2011 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  25. Guest

is there anyone this women won't pander to?! like the American people are going to forget those who serve in the armed forces.

May 29, 2011 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |