Obama camp wants $60 million by end of June
June 2nd, 2011

Obama camp wants $60 million by end of June

(CNN) – He won’t face a Republican opponent for months, but President Obama is aiming to kick the campaign season off with a fundraising bang, asking his top donors to bring in $60 million by the end of June.

The request came in a presentation to heavyweight fundraisers Wednesday in Chicago, according to a source who has seen the presentation. The $60 million cash haul would go both to Obama’s reelection campaign and the Democratic National Committee, and is in line with reports that the Obama campaign is ultimately hoping to raise $1 billion during the upcoming campaign cycle.

– On Monday, June 13, CNN will host the first New Hampshire Republican Presidential Debate, live from Manchester, NH at 8 p.m. ET. Follow all the issues and campaign news leading up to the debate on CNNPolitics.com and @cnnpolitics on Twitter.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • President Obama
  1. Rudy NYC

The way the Republicans are trying to control every aspect of our lives, one billion could easily be exceeded before 2012.

June 2, 2011 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  2. ohcarolina

Oh I gave my $3.00 it was all I could afford after buying gas for my car and food for my family.

June 2, 2011 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  3. obama victim

did someone say something about "change"??

June 2, 2011 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  4. Four and The Door

Obama thinks $1 billion can buy his way past his record for the last 2 1/2 years? Blowing $1 billion on the way out is only going to make the 2012 shellacking completion that much more appropriate.

June 2, 2011 11:42 am at 11:42 am |
  5. Rick McDaniel

Those looking for favors, will come running, to donate, as soon as they finish donating to the GOP, so they have all the bases covered.

June 2, 2011 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  6. vic , nashville ,tn

I decided to buy $30 T-Shirt
    He is not a bad president at the same he is not a best president but better than GOP hopefuls

June 2, 2011 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  7. gt

if he would work as hard on trying to get jobs..as he does raising money we might not be in the shape we are now....obama needs to hire some of those t v preachers who allways are asking for " seed money :"... they beg for money 24/7... 60 million would be a snap...ugh...

June 2, 2011 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  8. Dominican mama 4 Obama

ohcarolina youshould've kept your $3.00 The President would've wanted you to, and unlike the Rethugs, he wouldve understood.
    The President is setting a goal for June. A goal that he will reach with no problem.

Obama 2012.

June 2, 2011 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  9. Dominican mama 4 Obama

And yes I bought the t-shirt AND the coffee cup.
    Hardest working, and best President I've seen in many decades.
    We're blessed to have him especially with the Rethugs completely unleashed and unhinged.

June 2, 2011 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  10. Mikey

@ Four and The Door – Will you stick around and admit it when OUR President gets reelected or when most of your criticisms prove to be unfounded? Of course then, you're probably a global climate change denier too. Apparently, we have to wait until the dimmest among us wake up. I just hope it won't be too late.

Don't worry, I'll kick in a little extra $$ for you when I'm making my donations to the Obama Campaign. That way, you will get the benefits of intellegent, thoughtful leadership for free.

June 2, 2011 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  11. Dominican mama 4 Obama

@Mikey: Well said!!

June 2, 2011 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  12. Four and The Door

Mikey
    I can't wait for the election. What is your take on 2010 results? I remember hearing how all of the Rethugs were going to get sent home then, but that sure didn't happen, did it? So many people I know can't wait to vote for whoever the Republicans nominate. Obama's only hope is if the economy completely turns around and people see again a healthy job market, but he's doing all he can to go the other direction by talking about raising taxes, increasing regulation and not addressing government debt. I do look forward to 2012 results.

June 2, 2011 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  13. Remmi

People must be living in a different economy than me and my City has the strongest job market in the country. Still iit is hard to believe such blind faith in a leader that has done nothing but hurt us financially. Inflation is rising, housing and unemploement are stagnant at best, and corporations are afraid to spend money. But all these posts see that is a winner winner chicken dinner.

June 2, 2011 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  14. Cruzan Obama Mama

Pres. Obama you have my support. I will check the site out right now. FIRED UP & READY TO GO!!!

All Repubs stop hating on the President & blame your party/peers that got us here. You enjoyed the fictional good life, well here is the consequence. Mr. Obama is just cleaning up the mess.

June 2, 2011 12:38 pm at 12:38 pm |
  15. Frank - Ohio

Hey Obama! I'd like a job by the end of June. How about focusing on that?!?!?!?!

June 2, 2011 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  16. Stand Up

************************************
    @Mikey post: "gets reelected" HAHAHAHAHAH thanks for the laugh. Obama getting reelected. Now that's funny! HAHAHAHAHA

June 2, 2011 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  17. GI Joe

The wealthy republican corporations will surely open their wallets to try and steal another presidential election. They did it twice for the worst president ever, they'll do it again so that they control the little people and only have to offer them minimum wage jobs after they've kept them out of work for a couple of years.

They DO have a plan, and it doesn't benefit our country or our citizens - it benefits the corporations and republican politicians.

June 2, 2011 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  18. Get A Grip

If it takes $1BILLION to try and get reelected......you must be pretty darn bad at the job. Guess Obummer will need that BILLION to buy votes.

June 2, 2011 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  19. Liam

GI Joe don't you think it is a little naive and hypcritical to slam corporations as the union boss ruining our country raises a billion dollars. But what do you expect from anyone calling themselves GI Joe – what a clown. You ought to rename yourself Mr. Purple Heart....

June 2, 2011 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |