Nancy Reagan honors anniversary of President Reagan's death
June 5th, 2011

Nancy Reagan honors anniversary of President Reagan's death

(CNN) - Former first lady Nancy Reagan visited the gravesite of her deceased husband, President Ronald Reagan, on the seventh anniversary of his death at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California.

Filed under: Nancy Reagan • Ronald Reagan
  1. 'Rado Voter

Ronald Reagan you were such a blast, we thought your hair was sculpted trash.

But in a movie where the star is a Monkey, did you really think you could lead this country?

You had a target pointed at your head, in a few short moments we thought you were dead.

Gave us that Krap from Hollywood, you could not do what a leader should.

June 5, 2011 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  2. gary davis

no negative comments please . she has the right for respect . he was truley nice man

June 5, 2011 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  3. GI Joe

She and her astrologer scripted his presidency. He was a puppet with alzheimers most of his second term. BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD - almost as bad as W and Palin in the brain area.

June 5, 2011 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  4. Mike Steele

Well I was born in "76" so I grow up in the 80's & Ronald Regan was the 1st president that I remember. When the Regans left the White House I was so scared because we were going to have a different president, lol. I still to this day think of Mrs. Regan if I hear the word "dare", I love the Regans!!

June 5, 2011 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  5. Sebasian Kent

Stop the hero worship of Reagan. May he rest in peace – IN PRIVATE.

Publicly, I`d like to see some of the ACCOUNTABILITY for his actions – despite claims of being financially responsible, this Republican ballooned the National debt and never met a BLOATED Defense program he didn`t like [translation he SPENT].

He ushered in the conspicuious consumption that unlies the lack of SAVING in America. This set the stage for the selfish, me/mine mindset that brought greed and speculation to financial markets on Wall St.

Time to remove his name from National Airport he doesn`t deserve the honor. (I`ll never call it Reagan National).

In an effort to get elected mindless politicians evoke his memory and so-called "greatness". I condemn his reign only because I love this country and the sooner we reject his supply-side, "trickle-down", "Voo-doo" economics, the faster we will restore the sound foundations required for the middle class to reach the American dream.

June 5, 2011 06:59 pm at 6:59 pm |
  6. volkmar

One our or great presidents!

June 5, 2011 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  7. once upon a horse

Ronald Reagan is the ONLY Republican that I ever voted for as POTUS...at least his first term I did. He was a good man even though I didn't agree with all his policies which is why I didn't vote for him the second time. It's just too bad that the Republican Party seems to have passed away along with him. These Tea Party folks and right wing loose cannons we have now would make Reagan look like the moderate Democrat that he once was.

June 5, 2011 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  8. John the Historian

Reagan did nothing about the Aids epidemic. He only said the words Aids once and never used the word Gay or homosexual. He lacked leadership in fighting Aids and his cuts to health care were a disaster to this country and the world. By the way Communism fell due to three things: the people of Eastern Europe rose up against their own governments, Gorbachev and the communistic economies exploded from within.

June 5, 2011 07:26 pm at 7:26 pm |
  9. bo

Who cares!

June 5, 2011 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  10. fearless frisky

RIP, Mr. President

June 5, 2011 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  11. James Bacon

Nancy, thank you for sharing Ronald Reagan with us. Be proud that he was here and even after many years, people like me remember him and appreciate him. he was my Commander in Chief. Gy Sgt James Bacon. Usmc/ ret

June 5, 2011 07:41 pm at 7:41 pm |
  12. MICHAEL

Aww. Very sentimental.

June 5, 2011 07:42 pm at 7:42 pm |
  13. trey

He was a great man how lead us thought a rough time in America but he was not a great president he was ok hard to believe its been 7 years

June 5, 2011 07:49 pm at 7:49 pm |
  14. robert spivey

In the almost 40 years i've been alive, Reagan has been the greatest president in my opinion! "Cold War", Berlin wall, Reaganomics, Libya... I COULD GO ON! We miss you GIPPER!!!!

June 5, 2011 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  15. kim

One of our more true american presidents. There love for each other was more than anybody would ever see in most marriages. i also remember him as govenor as a child. I miss him also.

June 5, 2011 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  16. Squigman

Many people die, and do so every day. Many are doing so in defence of freedom, and some protecting the domestic population from needless violence. To say that this man is any better than the rest is just wrong. Hopefully, there will come a day when Reagans place in history will be the truth, as opposed to the myth that now surrounds him, and his time in office. He was never as good as many think, and he was never as bad as some think. He was just a man doing a job.

June 5, 2011 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  17. maggieb

What a lovely lady. It must be very hard for her to be alone. I think they were a true love story.

June 5, 2011 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  18. skydog

Salute to the greatest president in history.None better.

June 5, 2011 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  19. Rudy Gonzales

US president Ronald Reagan, who was a self-declared conservative, is widely seen as a symbol of American conservatism. In an interview, he said "I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism." Here's a known individual who openly stated the virtues of Libertarian conservative. While many religious conservatives believe that government should have a role in defending moral values, libertarian conservatives such as Barry Goldwater advocated a hands-off government where social values were concerned. Libertarian conservatives support strict laissez-faire policies such as free trade which is what Rand and Ron Paul adhere to to the point of discrimination and bigotry. Bigotry and discrimination should never be allowed in America, and thats what the Paul's want. Regression to the 1960's era when bigotry was the norm. This allows one person to force his religious or "Conservative" beliefs onto others whether they want it or not, thus making those people into reigning monarchs! Ron or Rand do not deserve to be in office in America! Period!

June 5, 2011 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  20. phoenix starr

A beloved president, a man of character, a leader.I remember the poisonous disrespect toward this man from the left, I was young and didn't know I was a conservative yet.I recommend any progressive under the age of 40 to listen to a few of his speeches, to understand how a true patriot leads.

June 5, 2011 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  21. kevin

He was a hero and an inspiration to me. I was so fortunate to visit the library. God bless Ron and the USA.

June 5, 2011 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  22. maggie

That's one for the Gipper. They don't make them like him anymore. If they did this country would be alot better off. Sadly missed by faithful Americans.

June 5, 2011 08:15 pm at 8:15 pm |
  23. Andy Gump

So what?

June 5, 2011 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  24. Sara

Why US is not energy independent without depending on rogue middle-east ?
    Why US is not the world leader in renewable energy and we do not have tens of millions of well paying jobs in clean energy ?
    Why US does not run a huge trade surplus exporting high technology green energy products instead of running an unsustainable trade deficit importing oil from terrorist sponsors ?
    Why all the rest of the world have to blame US as an "environment rapist" for being the most irresponsible western nation regarding pollution and greenhouse emissions ?

Due to a single person: REAGAN !

June 5, 2011 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |
  25. Sara

As soon as he went into the office Reagan dismantled renewable energy research programs started by Carter after the huge oil crisis which brought US on it knees.
    One can just imagine with regret a present where US is not dependent on imported oil anymore, because 3 decades of research provided total energy independence from mostly renewable clean sources.

June 5, 2011 08:40 pm at 8:40 pm |