Reid to Weiner: 'Call somebody else'
June 7th, 2011

Reid to Weiner: 'Call somebody else'

Washington (CNN) – Senate Majority Leader Sen. Harry Reid gave embattled Rep. Anthony Weiner no love on Capitol Hill Tuesday.

"I know Congressman Weiner and I wish there was some way I can defend him, but I can't. OK?" Reid said.

And then there was this exchange with reporters:

Q: You didn't say whether you thought Congressman Weiner should resign.
Reid: I'm not here to defend Weiner.
Q: What do you think he should do?
Reid: That's all I'm going to say.
Q: Senator Reid, what advice would you give him if he asked you?
Reid: Call somebody else.

Filed under: Anthony Weiner • Harry Reid
  1. gt

thats not harrys call ..nancy is the one they should ask ," what should weiner should do...."this needs to end and get on with the peoples business...

June 7, 2011 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  2. Wire Palladin, S. F.

I just watched an interview with Reince Prebus and he called Weiner a 'creep.' He refused to comment on Ensign, though. I wonder what his thoughts were on Gingrinch, Guiliani, Vitter, Foley, Craig, Coburn, Sanford, DeLay, Armey, and Governor Scott Walker.

June 7, 2011 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  3. Ronald Morris

Reid may not have hung Weiner out to dry, but he did buy him a clothes line.

June 7, 2011 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  4. DIANA

Don't throw him under the bus! Rep Weinder seems to be the only one who calls the Repubicans out on everything they do. Yes, what he did was wrong but that's between him, his constituates, and his wife, (not in that order).

June 7, 2011 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  5. MedaBlkman

Senator Reid is such a **ck but I do like him cause he just dosen't hold his words for anyone, I like that. U go "Harry"!

June 7, 2011 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  6. Rudy NYC

This is a classic example of the coverup being worse than the crime. I hold Mr. Weiner's attempted coverup against him. He violated a sacred trust. He lied again and again. He has downgraded his own veracity on critical issues. I'm sorry for you, Mr. Weiner. You can bounce back, but not now, not immediately.

June 7, 2011 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  7. Jerry

Oh wow! The "whipping boy" for the Democrats gets "whipped"! Now it's Florida's "What's-Her-Man's" (Wasserman?) turn. Yesterday I wrote that she would be putting her foot in her big mouth soon. Guess what!? It happened sooner than I had anticipated. Looks like the "spanker" for the Democratic Party got "spanked." She already had to "EAT" some of her idiotic comments.

Remember the old adage; people that live in glass houses should't throw stones. This applies to both Weiner and "What's-Her-Man".

Yes folks, I am a life-long Democrat. I am just severely disenchanted with my party's tactics, exaggerations and outright lies.

And, please don't get me started on our clueless president!

June 7, 2011 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  8. cobra

One rat abandoning another rat!

June 7, 2011 03:29 pm at 3:29 pm |
  9. obama victim

The Democrat party is embarassed by all this.....and given how sleazey the Democrats are....that is saying a lot

June 7, 2011 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  10. Huh?

Q: What do you think he should do?
    Reid: That's all I'm going to say.

Gee Harry, that was a real moment of inspiring leadership.

June 7, 2011 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  11. sharon johnson

Weiner made a mistake he is not the first and he will not be the last. Let him go on with his life,if his wife can deal with it why can't everyone eles leave this man alone. for what i have seen he is a good congressmen no one iswithout sin and beside he only a men thank God it wasnt a little boy.So leave him along and let him get back to work.

June 7, 2011 03:40 pm at 3:40 pm |
  12. Danny

Another fine demonstration of avoiding the subject! God forbid someone speaks their mind!

June 7, 2011 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  13. Kay Burns

This is not just someone making a mistake, this is perverted behavior. When I was in 7th grade a man exposed himself to me. It was horrible. There is no difference in what Anthony Weiner has done and what the pervert did to me some 40+ years ago.

June 7, 2011 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  14. Me

The difference between Republicans and Democrarts is:
    When you're a Republican and you screw up, no matter how bad you screwed up, Republicans ride to your rescue
    If you're a Democrat and you screw up, Democrats don't ride to your rescue, they ride to your hanging. You don't get any back up, especially if you're WRONG

June 7, 2011 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  15. RobGinChicago

Oh my G*D, Rep. Wiener lied! So shocking, never before has a politician been caught lying. Those WMDs? They were there, we just didn't look hard enough. Death Panels? For sure, just ask the half-term governor. Tax cuts for the rich create more jobs? Want fries with your BS sandwich? Sure, Rep. Wiener did something stupid, but it wasn't lewd, and there are much bigger dicks in Congress who need to be shown the exit door first.

June 7, 2011 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  16. Huh?

Posted by:Me
    June 7, 2011 04:01 pm
    The difference between Republicans and Democrarts is:
    -------------------------------------------------–I beg to differ.
    Rep. Christopher Lee, R-N.Y sent a shirtless photo of him to a woman on Craigslist. The woman was not his wife.
    Rep. Lee got a phone call from John Boehner, the House Majority Leader and Rep. Lee resigned his position before the end of the day.

June 7, 2011 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  17. Democrat Swamp Inspector

Our kids have no tolerance policies in their schools. Time to implement it in Congress. If we're dragging kids into the police dept. and charging them for bringing a plastic knife to scholl to cut their apple, then supposedly smart politician lawyers should get the same treatment.

You screw up, YOU ARE GONE.

I think it will put an end to this nonsense.

June 7, 2011 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  18. Realistic

The republicans rescue their people when they do the same thing when they have a slight majority or getting close to having a majority. However, when they have a large majority like in the house, remember (the shirtless man) who resigned and the republicans lost a seat. No big deal in the congress because of the majority they have. In the senate well different story and that's why they stand by Vitter and would of stood by Ensign to. But Ensign could resign b/c the governor in NV is a republican who would replace a republican with a republican. And also republicans do not need to deal with this while trying to kill Medicare. I know some will say Sntr.Vitter is from Louisiana who also has a republican governor but look who the governor is. There would be a chance he would choose a democrat to replace Vitter, he is not the sharpest tool in the shed (joking),the governor of Louisiana. And republicans need a whipping boy to make sure he always votes with them b/c if he pulled Scott Brown he would be replaced. So you see Vitter is whipping boy, will always vote with republicans b/c the axe is always hanging over his head..And democrats are just to weak to stand by anyone when waves are made because they think republicans play by the same rules.

June 7, 2011 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |