June 11th, 2011

Weiner: Wife is 'doing well'

(CNN) - CNN's Jason Carroll caught up with Rep. Anthony Weiner in New York Saturday. The congressman told reporters his wife was "doing well."

"She's a remarkable woman, and she's working very hard," Weiner said.

Weiner is married to Huma Abedin, an aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Weiner and Abedin are expecting a child.

When asked if he was planning to resign, Weiner said, "This is ultimately a decision for my constituents."

He continued, "Look, I've made mistakes, as I said on Monday. A lot of these questions I answered Monday, and now I'm going to try and get back to work."

Filed under: Anthony Weiner
  1. Name jeremy@Dallas

Be strong and get back to do the job your New Yorkers elected you to do. Don't let your enemies rejoice. Be strong and move on. Vitter is still in Congress after doing horrible stuff than you.

June 11, 2011 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  2. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Weiner's wife was doing fine before she married him and she'll do just fine with or without him, she's a strong and well educated woman. She doesn't live off of him and vice versa, unlike that pimping Sarah and Todd Palin.

June 11, 2011 12:59 pm at 12:59 pm |
  3. lola

Huma reminds me of princess jasmine, she's very pretty. So to Princess Jasmine making babies with the love child of screech from saved by the bell and gonzo from the muppets is sorta messed up. lol

June 11, 2011 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  4. Louisiana Man

Where was the call for my loyal, christian, holier than thou, family valued hypocrite–
    The most honorable conservative- Senator David Vitter–to resign??
    The GOP was running so sacred that a DEM might win back that seat if their boy resigned. The silence was deafening.

Yes, I know the ignoramuses voted him back to the senate-BUT when one asks his views via email-
    all you get is a quest for contributions-

June 11, 2011 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  5. peace

good luck Anthony ppl dont resign we will stand by u.

June 11, 2011 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  6. VotingFemale

No. Anthony. Huma is NOT "doing well." No wife in her circumstances is "doing well."

June 11, 2011 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |