Understanding Jon Huntsman's distinct brand of Mormonism
June 21st, 2011

Understanding Jon Huntsman's distinct brand of Mormonism

(CNN) - How key is Jon Huntsman's Mormonism to understanding him and his rise as a politician?

His grandfather was an apostle in the Mormon church, his father is a lay leader in the church, and Huntsman himself was a Mormon missionary to Taiwan, which gave him the language skills that helped land his last job, as President Barack Obama's ambassador to China.

Listen: Is Huntsman Too Mild-mannered for the GOP faithful? The News Networks? CNN's Wolf Blitzer and Bob Costantini discuss:

FULL STORY

Filed under: CNN Belief Blog • Jon Huntsman
  1. Dominican mama 4 Obama

What is the hangup with other people's religion?
    I grew up Catholic but as the years progressed I found myself identifying with various other religions. I think a lot of us do that as we mature and come into contact with the peoples of the world. Yet our core remains.
    For a country that was founded on religious freedom we've done an awful lot of persecuting in this area to those that do not form part of our chosen majority.
    I know some wonderful agnostics, and some two-faced-evil-hearted-so-called Chrishuns.
    Move on people.

June 21, 2011 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  2. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Now here's something else I don't understand, why do all of these wealthy people go ABROAD to adopt?
    Is the adoption process in the States so archaic that it makes adopting our own children prohibitive?
    I'm asking....

June 21, 2011 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  3. Sniffit

I'm sorry...there's just no understanding Mormonism. Just look that nonsense up. If you thought the big three were nuts...and then got floored when someone started telling you what Scientologists believe, thinking "omg, what next?"...well, here's "next."

June 21, 2011 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  4. Joel Morales

All this country needs is a Mormon in the front office. 10 wives for each man!

June 21, 2011 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  5. mormonforlife

Who cares if he has a asain daughter forreal were all humans and plus when you get to heaven you can date two girls or twenty because everything in heaven in socialism

June 21, 2011 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |