Sarah Palin calls Bristol's tell-all 'shocking', 'inspiring'
June 22nd, 2011

Sarah Palin calls Bristol's tell-all 'shocking', 'inspiring'

(CNN) - Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin had plenty to tweet about Wednesday regarding the book, "Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far," by her oldest daughter, Bristol Palin.

Palin praised the memoir, which released Tuesday, as "Shocking; Refreshing; Honest; INSPIRING! Perfect," and said it "gives insight into how media can drive false narrative."

In the book, Bristol writes about lying to her parents so she can go on a camping trip with friends–a night that ended with the teenager losing her virginity to her boyfriend, Levi Johnston, while getting drunk off wine coolers.

Later, Bristol walks readers through her unwanted pregnancy with Johnston, revealing details on their shaky relationship over the years.

Bristol also writes about her mother's political career and includes sections on the 2008 presidential race when Palin campaigned as Sen. John McCain's running mate.

Palin, author of books, herself, wrote on Twitter that her daughter's memoir was "Spot on!" and complimented Bristol for opening up about her private life: "She's courageous to write what she wrote, warning about decisions/consequences in encouraging way, esp for teens!"

The proud mom then posted a photo of the book.

Filed under: Bristol Palin • Sarah Palin
  1. John Gross

But it IS a false narrative, ghost written just like her mother's autobiography.

June 22, 2011 06:34 pm at 6:34 pm |
  2. Al-NY,NY

"I'm with Stupid"-> <--"I'm with stupid"

June 22, 2011 06:43 pm at 6:43 pm |
  3. Marissa

Why am I not surprised this piece of drek Sarah Palin would find a memoir in which her daughter admitted to drinking , lying and spreading her legs be inspirational

June 22, 2011 06:46 pm at 6:46 pm |
  4. TM

Of course Mama QUITTER loves the book, she and Bristol used the same ghostwriter!

June 22, 2011 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  5. Tam

No wonder the kids are mixed up! And what is the real story with Palin's last baby, the son? Her's or Bristol's? Have heard many versions.

June 22, 2011 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  6. jerseylou

I bet she grows up just like her mother. Can you imagine having this family in the White House?Rabbits running up and down the hallways,dog sleding on the front lawn,killing wolves from the Helicopter;i rest my case.

June 22, 2011 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  7. go home sarah

If my daughter wrote a book detailing her lies, drinking and sex, I would be embarrassed. When my son reads the same book as a teenager, I would be mortified. Shame on the Palins. Their lack morals are an embarrassment to themselves and our country. Sarah Palin calls herself a leader? Show some class, Sarah, and start chastising your children the same way you do the "lamestream" media. Maybe there is hope for Piper.
    I am sure if any other politicians' children behaved the way yours do, you would be shouting the ugliness of it from Faux News.

June 22, 2011 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |
  8. George

Come on Sarah. We know you don't know how to use those big girl words like Refreshing; Honest; INSPIRING! Perfect. Who wrote that dribble for you? And who wrote that dribble for your stupid daughter while we're on the subject? She's as stupid as you. Can't wait for Levi's tell all book. Then we'll find out just how trashy your entire family really is.

June 22, 2011 07:15 pm at 7:15 pm |
  9. C. Howe Yulikit

The MEDIA is driving a false narrative? The entire Palin meme is a false narrative. Bristol had her virginity "stolen" from her with the help of Bartles and Jaymes? Gimme a break Grizzly Mama.

June 22, 2011 07:17 pm at 7:17 pm |
  10. annie s

You're proud you have a daughter that lies, drinks to excess and has unprotected sex ? Huh. Go figure.

June 22, 2011 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |
  11. Aaron

What's shocking is that some editor out there was able to take dribble from the silly girl and make it into almost complete sentences.

June 22, 2011 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  12. MarkieBee

Sorry Quitter...didn't need the media to tell me you're an idiot.

June 22, 2011 08:01 pm at 8:01 pm |
  13. thomas

This book will change the world ! The importance is that of the BIBLE !

June 22, 2011 08:22 pm at 8:22 pm |
  14. Patrick Lewis

Didn't read the article, just came in to say WHO CARES?

June 23, 2011 08:16 am at 8:16 am |
  15. Timme62

What was mama bear shocked about?? That daughter is as good as bending the truth as mom is? She learned from a pro...

June 23, 2011 08:21 am at 8:21 am |
  16. IVOTE

It's been some time since I have commented on this family, however, I must say "The apple does not fall far from the tree" in this case. The Palins are always pointing fingers at the world for taking advantage of them. What a joke.

June 23, 2011 08:22 am at 8:22 am |
  17. BackSlash

John McCain = Takes risky political stance on LIbya because he believes it to be in keeping with American values.
    Sarah Palin = Praises her daughter's 20 year old story about getting drunk and knocked up on wine coolers.

Regardless of your poltical views, I think its a shame that a man who legitimately cares about this country and works for it is going to be linked to such an unbashed media mongor for the rest of his career. When will people realize that 90% of what Palin does is for media attention and $$ payoff?

June 23, 2011 08:24 am at 8:24 am |
  18. Njfinest2009

What is shocking is why this girl has a tell all book at her age, she has yet to experience life,it was a money maker for her and it shows the apple doesn't fall far from the tree

June 23, 2011 08:29 am at 8:29 am |
  19. PK California

Way to go mom! Tell everyone there re things in Bristol's book that SHOCK you and people will run out and buy it. Personally I would rather donate my money to an unwed mother;s organization then spend it on a book written by a kid who became an instant celebrity when she had a baby out of wedlock.

June 23, 2011 08:31 am at 8:31 am |
  20. Carmen

I wonder what she finds more shocking. The fact that Bristol is admitting to legal underage drinking and claiming that she had wine cooler induced alcohol black out the first time she got drunk. Or is it her claim that the father of her child raped her their first time, oops I meant stole her virginity, while she was passed out on wine coolers. Maybe it's her claim that she pimped herself out to the father of her child for a few low end luxury handbags. Oh I know, it's the fact that Bristol confirmed to world that the Palins are indeed the head of the Christian Talban when she said that her older brother believes in abstinence only for his sisters. I am sure he doesn't have the same rule for himself. You know I would have had a lot more respect for this girl if she would have just said "Yah I made a stupid decision, I got drunk and wasted my first time. I picked the wrong man to fall in love with, it didn't work out and it was a lesson learned, but we have a beautiful child and we may not love each other but we love him."

June 23, 2011 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  21. jen

really? who cares about these morons? always trying to make money from the next person! so not interested......

June 23, 2011 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  22. nintex

TMI! TMI! I could have gone a long time without visualizing Bristol drunk in a sleeping bag with Levi – how does this picture make us more sympathetic to the Palin family values or Sarah's presidential hopes? I just feel sorry for the baby and I hope he can have some sort of a normal life – but the chances of that seem pretty slim.

June 23, 2011 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  23. Eileen

Be proud Sarah, Bristol is cut from the same cloth as you. You've taught her how to suck the life out of everything and still remain in the spotlight for no apparent reason, dragging on her 15 minutes in the spotlight!

June 23, 2011 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  24. edpeters

Like mother, like daughter.. Clueless!

June 23, 2011 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  25. Shay

Sarah Palin is an idiot! As for her daughter, she is trying to make money, just as her mother is doing! I wouldn't spend a penny on their books. Sarah Palin can't talk and her daughter has nothing new to say about anything. There are many young ladies whose stories are more compelling than Bristol's. And these young women aren't writing books!

Palin's please go back to Alaska and STAY THERE!!!!

June 23, 2011 08:37 am at 8:37 am |