Bachmann: Fox apology not accepted
June 27th, 2011

Bachmann: Fox apology not accepted

Washington (CNN) – Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota didn't exactly accept an apology from Fox News' Chris Wallace following an interaction she felt was "insulting" on "Fox News Sunday."

Wallace asked Bachmann "Are you a flake?" in a Sunday interview and later apologized via web video.

"A lot of you were more than perturbed, you were upset and felt that I had been rude to her," Wallace said on his website. "And since in the end it's really all about the answers and not about the questions, I messed up, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any disrespect."

When asked about the apology on ABC, Bachmann, who will announce her presidential campaign Monday, said it is "insulting to insinuate that a candidate for president is less than serious."

"I'm a very serious individual. I have a strong background, a strong resume," Bachmann said. "Those are the small issues, I'm focused on the big ones."

Filed under: 2012 • Fox News • Michele Bachmann
  1. Chris

Please answer the question, Ms Bachmann.

June 27, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  2. Ed Texas

Fox news is not news and yes, she is a flake along with the other GOP candidates.

June 27, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  3. brian in denver

Run with the big dogs or stay on the porch.

June 27, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  4. Emma

I find it so funny how most of you react simply through the partisan lens...you really are quite superficial people. I saw this interview & was suprised at how Wallace asked the question. It was a valid question (are you a serious person), but he could have asked it in a much more professional way (the criticism of you is that you are not a serious person – what can you tell the American people to convince them you are serious?). I find it interesting that such a deragotory term was used with a female candidate. Would Wallace have asked Herman Cain if he is a flake? Or Ron Paul? Or Dennis Kucinich (back to 2008)? I think not. Here we go again with the media being condescending to a female candidate. This is Hillary & Palin all over again. Hard to believe more women are not offended by this question by Wallace, regardless of their political position.

June 27, 2011 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  5. Fed Up

Has he asked Hillary Clinton the same question? How about Obama? Biden? Any male Democrats?

June 27, 2011 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  6. Fitz

A faux reporter for a faux news organization asking a faux candidate if she is a flake. The scary part is that a lot of Americans watch FOX. Very scary.

June 27, 2011 10:51 am at 10:51 am |
  7. james - St. Paul, MN

When even the official GOP network asks out loud if this lady is a flake, you know there is reason for concern. Bachmann could never win a state-wide election in Minnesota, because we know her--and we know she is unstable. The nation has seen only the tip of the Bachmann iceberg. If and when the national news actually studies her history and her behavior over time, it will become crystal clear that this is not Presidential material.

June 27, 2011 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  8. Michael from Tacoma

The real question he meant to ask was "Are you insane?" I have already told my family that if she gets in as Pres or VP I will move to New Zealand. I'd move off planet, but we cut the space program, though I'd volunteer for an abduction if it would help.

June 27, 2011 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  9. DumbasRocks [R]s

No, Debbie from Arizona - Its not a question, its a statement: "They SHOULD have asked Palin if she was a flake!"

June 27, 2011 10:59 am at 10:59 am |