Bachmann: Fox apology not accepted
June 27th, 2011

Bachmann: Fox apology not accepted

Washington (CNN) – Republican Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota didn't exactly accept an apology from Fox News' Chris Wallace following an interaction she felt was "insulting" on "Fox News Sunday."

Wallace asked Bachmann "Are you a flake?" in a Sunday interview and later apologized via web video.

"A lot of you were more than perturbed, you were upset and felt that I had been rude to her," Wallace said on his website. "And since in the end it's really all about the answers and not about the questions, I messed up, I'm sorry. I didn't mean any disrespect."

When asked about the apology on ABC, Bachmann, who will announce her presidential campaign Monday, said it is "insulting to insinuate that a candidate for president is less than serious."

"I'm a very serious individual. I have a strong background, a strong resume," Bachmann said. "Those are the small issues, I'm focused on the big ones."

Filed under: 2012 • Fox News • Michele Bachmann
  1. Dita

As a native of Minnesota I can tell you, she's so far beyond flake, there's no word for it.

June 27, 2011 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  2. Debbie from Arizona

June 27, 2011 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  3. Bradley

Another from MN: I wouldn't say flake as much as I'd say she's a typical Republican, somehow at peace with screwing over the poor while preaching extreme Christian values.

June 27, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  4. LLOYD ROBERTS

God in Heaven, I beg you. Please deliver this great country from this nonsense - and Fox. Make it go away.

June 27, 2011 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  5. John

Fox ask Michele Bachmann If she Is Real. But Fox had Saran Palin and she no were close of being real. I wouldn't vote for either one of them , But she Is A little more real than SARAN PALIN Is just a BIG JOKE AND YOU ARE PAYING HER MILLION OF DOLLARS. So what does that make you FOX a Network that hirer a bunch of Loud mouth IDIOT.

June 27, 2011 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  6. Slowgun

I am shoked by this question!
    Everyone knows she is a flake...so why ask the question?

June 27, 2011 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  7. Eric

She is way beyond flake. To even seriously consider her as a candidate for President is beyond comprehension.

June 27, 2011 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  8. Publius Novus

There is a simple test in the current political/fiscal environment for whether a candidate is serious–or conversely, whether they are a flake. Any candidate of any party who advocates further tax cuts is not serious. It is that simple.

June 27, 2011 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  9. Nunya

Oh she is very serious – 'serious as a heart attack' as they say. Of course, many flakes are deadly serious...

June 27, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  10. Steve in Denver

A "reporter" apologizes for asking a potential presidential candidate what many of us feel of her, that she is a flake? It gives her the stage to answer that criticism, and that is somehow wrong?

What is an appropriate question for bachmann and the quitter from wasilla? "What do you read in forming your worldview?" Waaaahh. Couric is being unfair. "Are you a flake?" Waaahh. Wallace is being unfair.

What a sorry field of candidates faux news and the republicans are fielding.

June 27, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  11. ja

""While I, in no way, support Bachmann or any of her political views, the question was rude, even for Fox. Would they have asked Palin if she was a flake?"""

they should have

June 27, 2011 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  12. Me

Debbie from AZ, yes, Fox should ask Bachmann and Palin if they are flakes! The few ideas they have are so out of touch with reality, they'd be grounds for hospitilization if they were coming from an Aunt Martha or Uncle Charlie. Oh, who am I kidding. Palin has no ideas but she is flake. Bachmann is a danger to the country.

June 27, 2011 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  13. GI Joe

Debbie from Arizona – it was rude, but at the same time NO, they would not have asked Palin. With $arah, it is even more obvious that SHE is a flake and a hate-monger - come to think about it, both of these girls are hate-filled.

June 27, 2011 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  14. vatoloke

'I'm a very serious individual. I have a strong background, a strong resume," Bachmann said. "Those are the small issues, I'm focused on the big ones."'

Well Michelle, we are serious individuals too. And POTUS is a position we are seriously concerned about your qualifications and intentions for wanting to be there. And yes, Chris Wallace was nice and gentle in his use of that adjective for you. Consider yourself lucky.

June 27, 2011 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  15. The Real Tom Paine

Welcome to the Presidential Sweepstakes, Ms. Bachmann. Your intellingence, intentions, patriotism, and sanity will be called into question daily. When you get hired by FOX, just request your office be in aother wing of the build ing away from Chris Wallace.

Its not been a good week for Wallace. He gets roasted by Jon Stwart, and feels compelled to apologise to Michelle Bachmann for asking an obvious question. I surprised Roger Ailes did not make him strip the the waist, whip himself and chant " I will not bash the GOP " as he walks around the FOX HQ.

@ Debbie from Arizona: Maybe they should ask Palin if she is a flake, and see what happens. Palin would probably quit again.

June 27, 2011 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  16. Stoney

I think many of our politicians are flakes. What is the big deal?

June 27, 2011 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  17. Bradley

Wondering how long into a Bachmann presidency we'd make it before the gays are in internment camps and abortion is a capital crime. "Flake" doesn't start to describe the levels of extremism that she represents. She may have toned it down a bit as soon as she started thinking presidency, but she's a religious extremist. A vote for bachmann is a vote for Armageddon.

June 27, 2011 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  18. MN Mom

Someone at Fox finally gets real and then bam! Retraction of logical, fair question and apology issued. C'mon Fox. Get a backbone and keep it.

June 27, 2011 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  19. Sniffit

Rude but true. Nothing angers a GOPer like the truth.

June 27, 2011 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  20. Anyone

And a very thin skin, it seems.

June 27, 2011 09:51 am at 9:51 am |
  21. NotChrisWallace

"Mrs Bachmann, you have a reputation for being an insane person who is mostly driven by your distaste for poor people, and and your fear of gay people existing. Are you a flake?"

June 27, 2011 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  22. Richard

Id like to see them apologise to a dem for once.

June 27, 2011 09:52 am at 9:52 am |
  23. Jess C

Frightening that the GOP would even consider Bachman a serious candidate. My family in Minnesota think she's very damaging and are shocked she got voted back in. What is happening to American's to consider this an option?

June 27, 2011 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  24. Realistic

Anyone who ever listened to her rhetoric about un- american democrats and how they should be investigated and the rest of her disturbed sense of what a patriot is suppose to be, its not insulting calling her a flake. If one acts like a flake, behaves like a flake and talks like a flake, than that person is a flake.

June 27, 2011 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  25. deandake

Frosted Flakes.....add milk and she is actually good from something

June 27, 2011 09:57 am at 9:57 am |