Bachmann makes official 2012 presidential announcement
June 27th, 2011

Bachmann makes official 2012 presidential announcement

(CNN) – Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann formally announced her candidacy for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination Monday during an appearance in Waterloo, Iowa - the city where she was born.

Bachmann, a Tea Party favorite currently serving her third term in the House, told a crowd of supporters that Barack Obama's presidency has been a failure. She promised to lead a new conservative revolution characterized by smaller government and a lower federal debt.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Michele Bachmann
  1. Sniffit

When soeone mentions Bachman running, all I can think of is the running man dance thing...working oh so hard at runnign and yet standing in the same place. Pretty much a perfect metaphor for what GOP economic policies force the middle-class to do...like we're all on a gerbil wheel...which only goes to show that the GOP thinks of the middle-class as rodents.

June 27, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  2. Big Man

Wonderful, someone who will represent the interests of Israel over those of American citizens.
    Driving our bus further into the ditch.

June 27, 2011 10:29 am at 10:29 am |
  3. KyDem

As a Democrat, I want Bachmann to win the GOP primary, because Obama will win by a landslide. On the otherhand, I want her to lose because I don't want her having even a 5% chance at being President...

June 27, 2011 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  4. John

im excited about Michelle Bachmann. I think she is very capable and smart. I think she would make a fine president. All politicians should follow her example. I will definitely vote for her.

June 27, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  5. Just Saying...

Be afraid, America. Be VERY afraid.

June 27, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  6. NOOOOO!!!!

NOOO!!! I live in Minnesota and we don't like this "lady". All she wants is camera time! Please say it isn't so!

June 27, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  7. Mathias

Denice,

Maybe you should study fourth grade english grammar.

June 27, 2011 10:37 am at 10:37 am |
  8. logic in LA

Whicj voice is that? the one where we want government to help us in a time of need? The one where every American should have healthcare? Or is HER VOICE- let me take for me and my family but not for anyone else? Her family can have farm subsidies, SBA loans and even foster care funds, but since she doesn't need government healthcare- wait she has that too – or her state federal money for highways, – wait she has those too.
    Just what is it Michelle doesn't want from the government? Maybe she doesn't want them to pay for a Tea Party!

June 27, 2011 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  9. shelou

Bachmann's plan to make us competitive in the 21st century global economy by pusihing creationism into the science classes where devoutly religious students around the world are actually learning science and already out ranking us in science and math tests should allow us to rush to the bottom rankings for innovations.

June 27, 2011 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  10. Geneo

Oh please! I don't want to have vote for her.

June 27, 2011 10:38 am at 10:38 am |
  11. ConservaFASCISTS

I really want to see her debate Romney one and one. I also want her to explain the earmarks she received for the farmers in her district. This numbskull may make it thru Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, but she is way in over head.

June 27, 2011 10:39 am at 10:39 am |
  12. katj

Frightening to say the least. She is a bigger 'box of rocks'than that hack palin. Wow.

June 27, 2011 10:40 am at 10:40 am |
  13. Jessica

I absolutely SUPPORT Bachmann for president. Either way it's time to get rid of Obama who is so swayed by every opinion and his image and really stands for nothing at all.

June 27, 2011 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  14. iyuma

She will get a lot of women and gay people votes. That's pretty much wipes out all the democrat votes.

June 27, 2011 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  15. John

If you vote for Michele Bachmann , America or the American People won't have a future. We Will Be Done. And you shouldn't want anybody than was anything to do with the Tea Party. Just reminder when the Tea Party was out side the House of congress when they was out there saying shut the Government Down. Michele Bachmann was one of the people out there saying that with the Tea Party. No one should become President that out Complaining with the Tea Party saying shutting the Government down that would take a chance of hurting America. And I don't think a Congresswoman should be out In Any protest of any kind.

June 27, 2011 10:41 am at 10:41 am |
  16. LOL

This is funny........ Really....................................................................... Her running mate going to be Sara.

June 27, 2011 10:43 am at 10:43 am |
  17. Mikey

"I'm Michele Bachmann and I'm running for President of the United States."

Isn't that a line from the movie, "The American President"???

June 27, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  18. WasabiPotPie

I think I would rather take my chances in the zombie apocalypse than see the GOP or TEA party win in 2012.

June 27, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  19. chris24

Let the cat fight begin.

June 27, 2011 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  20. Robin Bray

Does she know when 2012 is?

June 27, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  21. Georgia L

She scares the Heck out of me. To the folks who think she can't be elected and President will win by a landslide, I hope are right. Personally I think the levels of willful ignorance, rigid religion and discomfort with a person of color in the Whilehouse have risin so high that we may actually have enougth nutcases in the country to elect her. It will be suicidal, but we seem to be really into that these days.

June 27, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  22. mabear87

She and the tea party must be all millionaires, otherwise anyone who is not and votes for her is a complete idiot. She is not very bright and although she claims to be a Christian, she does not practice anything that was preached in the four gospels. She is just another Republican out for money and fame at the expense of EVERYONE who makes less than a million dollars a year.

June 27, 2011 10:49 am at 10:49 am |
  23. NCKY

Moving to a foreign country if this twit is elected. Tea Party will never get a vote from me...NEVER and for that matter chances are slim the GOP will either. Bunch of scare-tactic using, good ol' boys. Time to act like adults and work together. Not one party will solve the economic situation created by George HW Bush and it will not happen overnight, but with the GOP conitnually using scare-tactics and fighting and not working together with Dems, then this country will go no where.

June 27, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  24. Dave

Bachmann having the support to run for President is just more proof of the dumbing down of this country.

June 27, 2011 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  25. SCOTO

Sad and frightening that this is what we have come to in our Presidential candidates

June 27, 2011 10:52 am at 10:52 am |