Bachmann responds to 'sex appeal' remark
July 8th, 2011

Bachmann responds to 'sex appeal' remark

(CNN) - Rep. Michele Bachmann jokingly welcomed comments made earlier in the week by a top adviser for rival presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty's campaign, who said the congresswoman had "sex appeal."

"Listen, I'm 55 years old. I've given birth to five kids, and I've raised 23 foster kids," the Minnesota Republican said Friday in a radio interview on the Scott Hennen Show. "So that sounds like good news to me."

The Pawlenty adviser, Vin Weber, made the comment in an interview with The Hill newspaper, saying, "She's got hometown appeal, she's got ideological appeal, and, I hate to say it, but she's got a little sex appeal too."

Weber issued a statement of apology on Wednesday.

Filed under: 2012 • Michele Bachmann • Tim Pawlenty
  1. XWngLady

As a Democrat, I totally disagree with ALL of her policy positions. But she's right on this one....Nobody wants to be old AND a hag. If you have to age (and you do), then you might as well do it well. :-)

July 8, 2011 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  2. Whammybar

Why? Was his comment offensive? Her poitics are offensive but I don't think Weber's comment was. Weird!

July 8, 2011 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  3. LoJenkins

That's cause she has a gay husband to make her look better.

July 8, 2011 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  4. Sal

Yeah she may have sex appeal but is lacking in brains and common sense along with compassion! 

July 8, 2011 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  5. Irma in North Carolina

Did you teach your kids to lie and put the president down too.

July 8, 2011 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  6. Expat American

Bachmann can’t get over her glee while feigning strength in the face of being so victimized….she’s ridiculous. And when did having 5 children make you qualified to be President? She seems to bring up her child rearing as much as possible. Having children is a choice, last time I checked…

July 8, 2011 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  7. peace

sorry shelly baby he was talking abou your husband having that sex appeal and he sound more like a woman than you that clinic that u and him run with gov. checks it"t just a front to hided what really goes on their.

July 8, 2011 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  8. Skipdog

Poor Michelle is having a hard rime finding a song she can use for her campaign so......
    Here is something I came up with that is based on the Major -General song from The Pirates Of Penzance.:

I am the very model of the Tea Party Hystericals
    I'm misinformed on vegetables, animals and minerals
    I know the Founding Fathers but
    I misquote them historical
    From Jefferson to Hamilton
    In order categorical
    I've never really understood matters mathematical
    It's Satan's work I do believe
    Both simple and quadratical
    In theory of binomials, I find that I am so confused
    It's this and that times something squared
    That gives me my hypotenuse
    I've never worked with integral and differential calculus
    If God had wanted me to think I wouldn't look so fabulous
    In short in matters vegetable, animal and mineral
    I am the very model of the Tea Party Hysterical

July 8, 2011 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  9. kayla

i wonder if she received welfare for the foster kids? can cnn find out?

July 8, 2011 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  10. I never bought the Obama hype

I am impressed by the way she is handling her campaign. I am considering her. A regular American in the White House as well as the first women President! That's change you can really believe in. Obama is done there is no chance for him to be re-elected he promised too much and did not deliver on anything but one thing Bin Laden.

July 8, 2011 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  11. cecilia

and oh my God her halo is also remarkable – what a woman -

July 8, 2011 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  12. Me

Ida know, Michele Bachmann seems like anti-sexy to me. And she didn't not raise 23 foster kids. She has had, collectively, 23 foster kids, be it a week of time, a month of time or a year.

July 8, 2011 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  13. Al-NY,NY

You lie. You had some of those kids for only a week or maybe 2. That is NOT "raising" that is "renting." Typical

July 8, 2011 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  14. WiredwierdinSF

Massive unemployment, a trillion dollars of our hard earned tax money given to corrupt union bosses, people scared to do anything because you don't trust this administration to play some sort of a class warfare game and CNN and the libertards write nasty things about Palin and Bachman. Is it any wonder that we are in the mess that incompetent, inept, corrupt, union toady president has put us in. The corrupt unions and the democrat liberals stole the election for him and he is paying them back.

July 8, 2011 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  15. diane

This ditz has,nt got a chance!!!! Mr.president, "Please don,t let these "Right wing Extremist,cut education and health benefits for our "Children,our Seniors,our poor,our Womens Rights,Medicare,Medicaid,Social Security that we have paid for all our lives!!! I am a "Staunch" Democrat, because I,m a working women! Don,t give in to the "Head of the Snake". We working Americans are counting on you!!!!! Our First Lady,must be appalled at Republicans for cutting our childrens education, and their ability to recieve health care. I hope you do the Democratic thing, your 2nd term depends on it???? We the People did not start Bush and Cheneys Wars and corruption?????

July 8, 2011 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |