Palin's advice on debt ceiling: 'Reload with reality'
July 14th, 2011

Palin's advice on debt ceiling: 'Reload with reality'

(CNN)-Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin had sharp words for both President Obama and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell late Wednesday as she criticized their handling of the looming debt ceiling deadline.

"It's absolutely nonsensical the lack of planning that our leaders are exercising and showing their constituents coming out of D.C. right now," she said.

The 2008 GOP nominee for vice president pulled no punches in an appearance on Fox News when it came to the actions of the president, whom she blamed for "big government job killing policies" and "fearmongering tactics" or McConnell, who proposed a short term plan she claimed "makes no sense."

"It does cede power to our president and takes away that authority that is inherent in Congress to control the economic decisions that have to be made when it comes to debt," Palin said of McConnell's short-term strategy to increase the debt ceiling in three increments.

"We cannot afford to back off and hand him a white flag saying, 'Here Mr. President we trust you you take over, you do it' because our president has failed in that area," she continued.

And though there's blame to go around, for Palin, the buck stops with Obama.

"Our president is essentially suggested the other day that he's not able to prioritize, as the chief executive of our nation he can't prioritize," she stated.

Palin, who said she'll decide on a bid for the 2012 GOP nomination for president by August or September, also gave advice to Republicans engaged in debt negotiations with the executive-in-chief.

"We cannot default but we cannot afford to retreat either, now is not the time to retreat. It's the time to reload and we reload with reality," she said.

Filed under: 2012 • Debt • Deficit • Sarah Palin
  1. Progressive from Georgia

I think that Palin is drinking the same cool aid that Bachmann is drinking. They both think that nothing serious will happen to the U.S. and world economy if the U.S. defaults on its debts on August 2nd. They both think that the so called experts are
    wrong and they are right. Yet, neither of them have cited one economist or independent authority that supports their position. To the contrary, even Speaker Boehner and Senator McConnell have stated that defaulting on the debt is not option. Palin is an idiot and so is Bachmann.

July 14, 2011 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  2. sdfsdf

she's like super-snooki.

July 14, 2011 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  3. Bert in UT

"Reload with reality" now there's a phrase for the ages. It is so decisive, clear and simple. Just reload with reality. Everything will be ok then. Reload with Reality.

July 14, 2011 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  4. GeorgeBos95

As if I care one lick about Sarah Palin's opinion on ANYTHING. Please, please, I beg the media to stop covering this woman and her useless opinions.

"It's absolutely nonsensical ..." could be applied to most things she has to say.

Run for President, Sarah. You'll get your butt kicked so badly maybe THAT will finally send you packing.

July 14, 2011 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  5. John

Once again Saran Palin just go to show America she doesn't care about America Or the American people. If the dept ceiling Is not rise think of all the American people who live from pay check to pay check. That going to lose the Place they Live can't feed there kids and the Old just put them on the street. Saran Palin Is all about the Tea Party and the Rich. She Is showing American People what you can expect If you vote for any body back by the Tea Party. All this woman does Is COMPLAIN about something she has no clue of what she taking about. does any body think that this woman has any Idea of what she saying Is just as dumb as she Is. Saran Palin why don't you just shut- up and go away , we are all just trying of hearing your bunch of crap. This Isn't suppose to be about letting the President Off of anything . this Is suppose to be what best for America and the American People. But as America are starting to see Is that the Republican and the Tea Party Isn't concern about what best for America or American people. I guess If you are not RICH, than the Republican and the Tea Party just don't care about the rest of us. Yes Saran Palin does need to reload and It In her head, She sure Is missing a lot up there.

July 14, 2011 11:11 am at 11:11 am |
  6. LiLa

Palin has been out of the news for a few days and we all know that isn't good for her book sales so this was inevitable.

July 14, 2011 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  7. Tam

"It's absolutely nonsensical the lack of planning that our leaders are exercising and showing their constituents coming out of D.C. right now," - yup, makes sense. Yoda's sentence structure was better.

SHE is going to advise on the economy?! God help us.

July 14, 2011 11:16 am at 11:16 am |
  8. New Age Independent

While I'd not vote for her, she has shown us how vile and hateful the liberal left really is. And they call conservatives hateful. I think they need to do their own reality check!

July 14, 2011 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  9. Lynne

and I am suppose to listen to Mrs Quitter from Quitsville Alaska? I think I'll listen to my Niece who is going into 9th grade in the fall that did 9th grade math while in 8th grade so gets to do 10th grade math as a high school freshmen. She is so much smarter!

July 14, 2011 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  10. SaintM

Yes, let's not default but let's not give in, and it's black, but it's really white, and it's right, but really it's left also, and I don't know my right hand from my wrong hand, but I do have hands..... Oooo, look I can tough my nose and my ear, and if you ask me how I old I am, I'll hold up my fingers as many times as I need to until I get the number right, I think.

July 14, 2011 11:20 am at 11:20 am |
  11. Starman

Nothing like a complete,incomprehensible rant to explain everything and get the ball rolling again.

July 14, 2011 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  12. GI Joe

Does she understand the debt ceiling is what is needed to pay for PAST CHARGES (I.E., two unfunded wars, unfunded tax cuts, medicare Part D, etc.)?.

It's NOT money to go out and spend on something new. IT'S FOR OLD BILLS (some go back decades).

Most people in this country don't have a clue about the 4.4 TRILLION for two unfunded wars alone.

July 14, 2011 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  13. Seattle Sue

I was going to comment on Palin but she just isn't worth it.

July 14, 2011 11:21 am at 11:21 am |
  14. RUsurprised

Palin isn't the problem nor the solution. President Obama is the leader of the largest 3rd world country. Let's keep our eye on him. He can't escape being held accountable for our CURRENT crisis.

July 14, 2011 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  15. Daryl

She's out to lunch but I still love her "naughty librarian" look.

July 14, 2011 11:22 am at 11:22 am |
  16. Bob

Sarah Palin criticizing McConnell for his work on the debt ceiling reminds me of the Marion Barry response to Jesse Jackson many years ago–"Jesse don't want to run nothing but his mouth".

July 14, 2011 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  17. JohnRJohnson

I'll start taking what Palin says seriously as soon as she takes a few course in US history, world geography and anthropology.

July 14, 2011 11:24 am at 11:24 am |
  18. Dani

Come on people! There's nothing to get riled up about. It's just Palin running her idiotic mouth again. We should be used to this by now. Bachmann's in the spotlight so of course, all Palin has to do is open her stupid mouth and the media comes running. Palin wants the limelight and money. Paliin will never be POTUS and that's all I care about.

July 14, 2011 11:27 am at 11:27 am |
  19. Dennis

Sarah:
    As always, you've added much needed insight and clarity to another very complex issue at a time when the rest of us are struggling to understand what happened. I'm sure your next statement will be something equally insightful like, areas affected by floods have a lot of water damage.

July 14, 2011 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  20. ntu

wheeee – the Sarah is back in the spotlight, parroting something she knows little about, or maybe she has read all the texts by now.

July 14, 2011 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  21. aggie95

What's nonsensicial is that Ms. Palin is even commenting or giving her opinion AT ALL on ANYTHING valuable, especially on what our government should do. And yes, I did say Ms, even though she's married. I have to look at her separately and as one individual when addressing her stupidity. Wow! Really, Sarah, really??? Ok, the game is over now. All the kids have gone home and you can put your ball away now, Sarah. That fact that anyone would even ask her opinion on this insane.

July 14, 2011 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  22. Keith

Let's see... did Sister Sarah hit all the neocon talking points? Yep. Did she skip doing any actual thinking? Yep.

July 14, 2011 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  23. lol

the economy is a disaster, the blame bush excuse is old and tired. quit the spending. instead of raising taxes, cut welfare, and entitlement programs, place limits on the length of time for welfare. it is supposed to be a safety net, not a way of life!

July 14, 2011 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  24. Bill

It's a clean sweep, not one comment in support of this lunatic loser. Tell me again why this is even news?

July 14, 2011 11:33 am at 11:33 am |
  25. mommazona

Reality?!? Really?!? This coming from a woman who had her own "reality" show that failed. This coming from a woman living in a fantasy world. She wouldn't know reality if it jumped up and bit her in the butt.

July 14, 2011 11:34 am at 11:34 am |