Court reinstates part of 'don't ask, don't tell'
July 16th, 2011

Court reinstates part of 'don't ask, don't tell'

WASHINGTON (CNN) - A federal appeals court temporarily has reinstated the "don't ask, don't tell" policy that bans gays and lesbians from serving in the military, but banned the services from investigating or discharging anyone under the rule.

The 9th U.S. Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals in California issued the order late Friday after the Obama administration asked it to reconsider its recent order temporarily blocking the policy.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Don't Ask Don't Tell • Gay rights
  1. ben

Oh, "Thats real scarry if you ask me???? Our Federal courts are siding with the "Barbarian Hinchman" Master Bachmann??? Maybe his "Clinic" has some spiritual Cure for this????? Lets ask him? Better yet,"Lets Not" Lets ask him if he and Michelle can "Dance away this nonsense???? Gag me with a Spoon????

July 16, 2011 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  2. Ed

I know if I was still in the service I would want my contract void since I didn't sign up for telling.

DADT is great you don't have to always look over your shoulder to see who is staring at you.and you can do you job.

The DODT was in the contract they all signed why change now wait until all the contracts that were signed expire then start all over without the DADT.

Miniorty controlling the majority again.

July 16, 2011 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  3. DENNA

DADT should be completely abolished – all of it. If an gay person wants to serve their country, they should be given the same chance as their straight counterparts WITHOUT any difference being made because of their sexual orientation. I mean, do straight solders have to say they are straight when they enlist?

July 16, 2011 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  4. Paul

How soon until we see tea partiers throwing flip flops at her?

July 16, 2011 06:01 pm at 6:01 pm |
  5. Albo58

The 9th circuit desperately needs to be disbanded! This is just another example of a ludicrous decision by this coven of moonbats!

July 16, 2011 07:05 pm at 7:05 pm |
  6. Time for another change

If this were requested from a Republican administration, I could guarantee that there would be hate filled posts all over this. Yet, because it's Obama, they let him slide? Seems like liberals have sold their soul to the devil.

July 16, 2011 08:47 pm at 8:47 pm |