Bristol: I lied to my Mom
July 22nd, 2011

Bristol: I lied to my Mom

(CNN) – Bristol Palin admits it was "stupid" to lie to her mother, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, about the night she lost her virginity to ex-boyfriend Levi Johnston.

"It was a night that I look back on with the adult eyes that I have now and I just realize that that was so stupid," Palin said Thursday on HLN's "Dr. Drew." "That was so stupid to lie to my mom and to have those series of bad decisions that I made all in one night."

She and Johnston had a son together and were briefly engaged. Bristol said they no longer speak and that she was "an idiot" to believe they would be together forever.

"I was an idiot for believing that and thinking that," Palin said. "But, yes he had me convinced."

The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee's eldest daughter and author of "Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far," said she used to fall for boys she "could fix," but now looks for men that are "into their families, that are on the same page with their faith as me."

Although she wishes she stuck to her abstinence pledge, she said it is important that sex education be taught in schools.

"I think it needs to be taught," she said. "But I mean, kids are going to do whatever they want to do at the end of the day."

HLN, like CNN is owned by Time Warner, Inc.

Filed under: Bristol Palin • Sarah Palin
  1. Longsack the Clown

Always,Always,Always the victim. If anyone else had a daughter (Pres. Obama) that did what Bristol did, Momma grizz would be screaming bloody murder about family values and every other gospel thing she could irk out. Give me a break, these people want people to stop calling them on the things they say and do, but keep putting themselves out there for the criticism. I don't think Bristol even realizies what she is saying a good part of the time. Actually I'm not even sure she has read her own book. Wonder why it didn't seem to catch either her or her moms eye about the fact that according to her tale she was date raped. But momma grizz is sooooo proud of her.

July 22, 2011 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  2. KR

She was an idiot not to have used birth control!

July 22, 2011 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  3. Jack Russell

Easy like Sunday mornin'.

July 22, 2011 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  4. htown

This is so pathetic America. Shame on us for giving this family money and attention. This woman has no understanding of life. Do people even know that her mom transferred 5 times to graduate from college. But Obama has to go to Harvard. The standards are not fair. The whole family needs to just read a book, get a decent education, lol it just amazes me.

SHE GETS 30K FOR THIS. WAKE UP AMERICA I BEG YOU.

July 22, 2011 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  5. GOP Hate America

you know whats stupid. the media wasting their time on stupid typical trailer trash tards like this girl.

July 22, 2011 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  6. cindy

A sad girl pandering for attention like her mommy. Levi would be a better influence on their child.

July 22, 2011 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  7. Scott

So Bristol is a liar. I fail to see the news in that, she is just following in her mother's footsteps.

July 22, 2011 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  8. petena

This story is Politics? It belongs on a comedy page. This girl (yes, she acts like one and not an adult) is NOT A ROLE MODEL. What has she accomplished to be on HLN, DWTS, etc. What is the message the media is sending? That all you have to be is the son/daughter of someone that's on the spotlight and then CASH in as well. Give me a break. Bristol, gets a new look and now you give her space on TV, she writes a book (LOL). Bristol dear: GO TAKE CARE OF YOUR KID, GET AN EDUCATION AND A FREAKING JOB LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE. You are NOT an insipiaration to anyone. GO AWAY. And as for you CNN.......stop putting this and similar characters in front of our face. Instead give us the Duggard story or those that can lift our spirts – not this GARBAGE.

July 22, 2011 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  9. sbp

She "lied to her Mom?" Well, she's still lying. How convenient that all of her "sinning" was somehow compressed into "all in one night," when she further claims to have been so drunk she can't recall the details. In other words, she can still toe the Conservative party line of being a "good girl", because she wasn't responsible for her actions "that one time." Which, of course, also means Levi committed a felony.

It's like listening to Rush pontificate about how street drug addicts should get the death penalty – but his drug addiction, well, that's different.

July 22, 2011 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  10. MiddleOfTheRoad

"News" is about readership. Readers help profit. Find an in depth news article and look at the number of comments. Compare it to the number of comments for this garbage.

We should expect more junk "news" as long as we keep reading and commenting about it.

July 22, 2011 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  11. Jon

Why the fascination with this celebutante slut?

July 22, 2011 01:29 pm at 1:29 pm |
  12. Eric in St. Paul, MN

Bristol is not the only Palin to coceive out of wedlock. If you do the math on Track's wedding date and how pregnant his new wife looks, it's easy to see this was the result of some pre-marital boot knocking. Get right on it CNN – this should be on the Political Ticker too!

July 22, 2011 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  13. TheAlaskaCurmudgeon

When did Bristol acquire "adult eyes?" Was that part of the plastic surgery?

July 22, 2011 01:31 pm at 1:31 pm |
  14. Terry

Give us a break please!!!!!! WHO CARES???? She is as irrelevant as her mother.

July 22, 2011 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  15. Voiceinthewind

Why publish this trash?

July 22, 2011 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  16. beth

I happened to stop at 'Dr Drew' last night. After a few minutes, I felt so embarrassed for the poor girl that I turned it off. She really is as pathetic as her mother. I can't believe that she thinks that anyone believes that Trig (oops, that's the other one), I mean Trip was concieved the ONE TIME she INVOLUNTARILY had sex.

July 22, 2011 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  17. cecilia

bristol – if you were an adult with adult eyes you would realize you don't lose you virginity – you give it away

July 22, 2011 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  18. clarke

Sex education is taught in schools and has been for years. Didn't she take it when she was in school. This is not a new concept at all. I have a very hard time believing her about almost anything. But that is me.

July 22, 2011 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  19. once upon a horse

why is a story about a girl that lost her flower on a camping trip on Political Ticker? This happens probably 3 or 4 times a week nationwide. I guess it's because it's Palin's kid and CNN has to do some sort of Palin story.

July 22, 2011 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  20. What a Media Ho Ho Ho!

Anyone in the disfunctional Palin family is front page news. The brain fart. Print it. They lie. Sleep around. Get knocked up. The media is the message.

July 22, 2011 01:40 pm at 1:40 pm |
  21. ThinkAgain

A huge bomb was detonated in Oslo; a shooting occurred at a Labour Youth Camp there; and this is the drivel CNN posts under the "Political Ticker"????

July 22, 2011 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  22. Something to Say

That's just what I was thinking. Why is this on the political ticker? Last I looked Bristol Palin was not a politician or involved in politics. What a waste of bandwidth.

July 22, 2011 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  23. Aaron

The girl should have just said she's as stupid as her mother and leave it at that.

July 22, 2011 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  24. thomas

HLN's "Dr. Drew." is a whore for the hollywood dollar ! When I see this guy shoot off with the rehab verbs and hipster lingo , his blond dye job and cooler then cool eye wear , i want to handcuff him to a piss in the sink hotel room with some real junky alcoholics. Then Dr Drew can ask them if they ever lied to there mother, , this guy is like Pat Boon singing Tutti Fruity in a world of disfunction and addiction .
    Who gives a rats ass about some ex governors kid who lives la la land .

July 22, 2011 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  25. SickOfLiesInNYC

why does ANYONE care about this, stop giving this girl free press that then allows her to think she is somehow important!

July 22, 2011 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |