Bristol: I lied to my Mom
July 22nd, 2011

Bristol: I lied to my Mom

(CNN) – Bristol Palin admits it was "stupid" to lie to her mother, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, about the night she lost her virginity to ex-boyfriend Levi Johnston.

"It was a night that I look back on with the adult eyes that I have now and I just realize that that was so stupid," Palin said Thursday on HLN's "Dr. Drew." "That was so stupid to lie to my mom and to have those series of bad decisions that I made all in one night."

She and Johnston had a son together and were briefly engaged. Bristol said they no longer speak and that she was "an idiot" to believe they would be together forever.

"I was an idiot for believing that and thinking that," Palin said. "But, yes he had me convinced."

The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee's eldest daughter and author of "Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far," said she used to fall for boys she "could fix," but now looks for men that are "into their families, that are on the same page with their faith as me."

"I think it needs to be taught," she said. "But I mean, kids are going to do whatever they want to do at the end of the day."

HLN, like CNN is owned by Time Warner, Inc.

Filed under: Bristol Palin • Sarah Palin
  1. The Real Tom Paine

I thought there was supposed to be a dividing line between the political section and the entertainment section. Please, CNN, prove to us you are not de-evolving into a NewsCorp company, and stop running every single thing the Palin clan does. If it relevent to politics, run it, but if its not, please keep it out of here. We come to you for real news, not light entertainment.

July 22, 2011 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  2. Tire of the Palins

Such non-news. Yes–why is this on the political ticker? Who cares.

July 22, 2011 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  3. Dave

Her Mother could have given her the morning after pill, so the sperm would not invade her egg. She was stupid not to tell,

July 22, 2011 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  4. A Kickin' Donkey

So she was a vestal virgin as pure as the driven snow, eh?.

That is until that rogue Levi, got her drunk, practically date-rapped her, "stole her virginity", knocked her up in her 1st sexual encounter – – is that what she wants the world to think?

Why is this not on some gossip page / reality show blog. It hardly belongs here.

July 22, 2011 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  5. normbie

Will the media EVER get over this psychotic family and their boring, trivial, events?
    C'mon – this ain't news.

July 22, 2011 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  6. Eddy

This is tabloid news, not worthy of major media coverage ... unless the US has become a tabloid culture which is not unthinkable given the nature of Bristol Palin's mother and other Teapublican "stars."

July 22, 2011 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  7. Matt Henry

I know I'll be the 50th one to post this, but "TRENDING" on the political ticker? Really?? Come on, CNN, this is getting ridiculous...

July 22, 2011 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  8. Mack

How does Bristol know that Levi is her baby's father? If she passed out drunk and woke up alone, Levi could've told some of his buddies to come in the tent!!!

She said she used to fall for boys she "could fix." Please tell me what "could fix" means.

July 22, 2011 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  9. Lisa

"Although she wishes she stuck to her abstinence pledge, she said it is important that sex education be taught in schools. I think it needs to be taught," she said. "But I mean, kids are going to do whatever they want to do at the end of the day."

The smartest thing I've heard her say ... and the smartest thing I've ever heard a conservative GOP say. That will put her at odds with her mom and the GOP!

July 22, 2011 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  10. Chris

Every day, as part of my job, I try to get the attention of the media on animal abuse across the country. It is an issue of great interest and importance, but rarely gets a headline from CNN. However, they love to talk about a former teen mom from a now wealthy family as she try to spin history to make her look like an innocent when she clearly was not. Hey CNN, you have my email. Why don't you contact me about an issue that should be covered by the press.

July 22, 2011 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  11. Greg Smith

That's OK sweetie, Mom does it all the time.

July 22, 2011 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  12. Benjamin

This isn't political news, this is celebrity gossip. Get it off the political ticker!

July 22, 2011 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  13. joni

Why is Bristol Palin in the Political News section??? Is she running for some office some where? Isn't there anything better for CNN to report on? Well, as least we aren't hearing much of Casey anthony for a while, which is a nice break.

July 22, 2011 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  14. AC

Like Mother like daughter. OK, Wolf, this is a perfect example of baiting the public, do you think its right? Promote her stupidty on CNN. Enough on this attention whore! Why don't you profie the gals on the us soccer team, they at least would inspire our youth.

July 22, 2011 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  15. ADC

News flash, Bristol: you're 20 years old. You're not an adult.

July 22, 2011 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  16. Janey Fo

Again, why is this on the political ticker, it is absolutely ridiculas that this story would be under this feature, should be under entertainment where it belongs. BIzarre CNN.Com

July 22, 2011 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  17. Clwyd

Bristol, stupid seems to run in the family!

July 22, 2011 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  18. S. In California - Obama 2012

With everything going on this is the top ticker. Unbelievable.

July 22, 2011 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  19. Mark L.

Bristol Palin (a.k.a. – LOSER) !!

July 22, 2011 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  20. Keane

I can't even believe you people call this news.

July 22, 2011 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  21. ficheye

Why is this on the political ticker? She is just running off at the mouth, not running for office. And neither is her mother (she who cannot be named). She's just playing the marketing game, then she'll be hired to comment on the upcoming presidential race, which she will not be in.

July 22, 2011 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  22. Palin Power

Behold our next 1st daughter and 1st family! We WILL have 8 years of President Palin and the Palin family in the White House! The Palin family is superior to the Obozo family!

July 22, 2011 02:36 pm at 2:36 pm |
  23. Diana

Why is this trash on CNN? This is tabloid trash. I do not read tabloid trash.
    Please, events are happening in the world, as we speak, and you are taking up space with this obnoxious garbage.
    Pay attention to Oslo

July 22, 2011 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  24. CB

Was going to post a comment and then realized the last comment was exactly what I wanted to say. Why is this trivial opinion of a girl not in the entertainment section? Is this really worthy political news!?

July 22, 2011 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  25. Chris M

Who's adult eyes did she use?

July 22, 2011 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |