Bristol: I lied to my Mom
July 22nd, 2011

Bristol: I lied to my Mom

(CNN) – Bristol Palin admits it was "stupid" to lie to her mother, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, about the night she lost her virginity to ex-boyfriend Levi Johnston.

"It was a night that I look back on with the adult eyes that I have now and I just realize that that was so stupid," Palin said Thursday on HLN's "Dr. Drew." "That was so stupid to lie to my mom and to have those series of bad decisions that I made all in one night."

She and Johnston had a son together and were briefly engaged. Bristol said they no longer speak and that she was "an idiot" to believe they would be together forever.

"I was an idiot for believing that and thinking that," Palin said. "But, yes he had me convinced."

The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee's eldest daughter and author of "Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far," said she used to fall for boys she "could fix," but now looks for men that are "into their families, that are on the same page with their faith as me."

Although she wishes she stuck to her abstinence pledge, she said it is important that sex education be taught in schools.

"I think it needs to be taught," she said. "But I mean, kids are going to do whatever they want to do at the end of the day."

HLN, like CNN is owned by Time Warner, Inc.

Filed under: Bristol Palin • Sarah Palin
  1. Beverly - NYC

Miss Sarah is going to be a grandma again. Dodged another out of wedlock baby. Her new daughter-in-law of two months is 6 months pregnant. Instead of abstinence the Palin children should be taught the proper use of contraceptives.

July 22, 2011 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  2. Joe the Plumber

Go away already!! She is famous for having a baby as a teen? BORING!!

July 22, 2011 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  3. Randy

Pleaseeeeeeeeee she knew what she was doing like daugther like mother old news lets move on I wish they would just go away who cares about there life and family

July 22, 2011 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  4. Zippy

This is why I sat my 15 yr old daughter down. We had a long talk, and now both agree that she won't have sex until she is 26 yrs old. Case closed...nothing more to worry about. Whewww!

July 22, 2011 02:53 pm at 2:53 pm |
  5. Claudia, Houston, Tx

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, Sarah too got pregnant before marriage and is still lying about it and this girl was no virgin to sex either.

July 22, 2011 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  6. Gary N (Boone NC)

She was a horny girl with a big mouth mom. Why in the world is this news and what idiot at CNN thought they should report this and deemed it important enough for the political ticker?

July 22, 2011 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  7. San

No, Bristol, what was stupid was that mess you made of your face

July 22, 2011 03:01 pm at 3:01 pm |
  8. MadinCT

We're talking about a Palin here. We now know that lying is considered a family virtue for that clan. So this idea that she lost her virginity and conceived a child all in the same downstroke is a patent lie. There must be a Palin ho' adjustment factor of at least 10 for sex partners and 50 (or more) for frequency. 'Nuff said!

July 22, 2011 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  9. JoJo

Please, please keep her in the public eye. Her mother won't have a chance.

July 22, 2011 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  10. Sank

You idiots talk like you know the Palins personally. PLEASE MOST OF THESE PEOPLE DO NOT LIVE LIKE YOU OR HAVE YOUR UNCOUTH WAYS. TRY AND PLAY HIGH AND MIGHTY WHEN EVERYONE KNOWS WHO BRINGS IN MORE ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN INTO THIS WORLD. THEN WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM AND THE STATE HAS TO.

July 22, 2011 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  11. DollarPalin

It is not easy to be teen mom. It is more easy to get laid in a tent during a middle school picnic.She definitely needed a chin & nose job. Now when this teen mom gets a BIG silicon boob job & shows her tits to the world, i will be completely in agreement with whatever she says.

July 22, 2011 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  12. roscoe

Yes, Bristol was stupid to lie to her mother. But, in her defense, Bristol is stupid when she wakes up, stupid when she eats lunch, and stupid when she goes to bed. It's a 24-7 thing

July 22, 2011 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  13. Janet

Guess what, Numbnuts; it's never easy at any age to have a baby! I was 28 when I had my first child and married for 18 months before that! The sleep deprivation, the anxiety, the collic was hard on both me and the baby! And my husband and I got through it without alcohol. What Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston did is the samething that every kid in America has done in the past: despite communicable diseases on the rise since their birth year, they decided on having unprotected sex and play the blame game for the rest of their lives. Bristol, your parents have done you no favors and completely failed you in life.

July 22, 2011 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  14. Peter Bulgin

She has seen more butt than a toilet seat. She hasn't had the opportunity to ride my special reamer. It is larger than normal and can bore and hone a hole better than clay aiken can tear up your crack.

July 22, 2011 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  15. Conservatives_R_Freaks

Sarah Palin is about family values, even though her kids are too scared of her to talk about important life decisions. She has also taught her daughters to refer to themselves as "stupid". Nice going, Sarah Baracuda. You really were the one in control weren't you? How is that working out for your little girl now?

July 22, 2011 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  16. The Real Tom Paine

Sank,

Stop moralising and making general statements when you don't know the people you are addressing; in other words, stop being a hypocrite. If I were to base my accessment of you on the few statements you have made, I would conclude that you are shallow, angry, and not very-well educated. Most people I know who find themselves in the position that Bristol Palin found herself in were supported by their families: very few are supported by the state, and since you saw fit to not answer your own cryptic statement:

"TRY AND PLAY HIGH AND MIGHTY WHEN EVERYONE KNOWS WHO BRINGS IN MORE ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN INTO THIS WORLD. THEN WILL NOT SUPPORT THEM AND THE STATE HAS TO."

If you don't have the courage and/or intelligence to support your statements with something other than a poorly-worded rant, please don't post. By the way, you came across as "uncouth" more than most in here. Leave the caps button off.

July 22, 2011 03:28 pm at 3:28 pm |
  17. Joe

Wow! Another Palin Ticker! At least one every day! You guys are obsessed.

July 22, 2011 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  18. WatchDawg

I suspect she's seen more shaft than an elevator...

July 22, 2011 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  19. trashcup

The Palins have other kids that are growing up without guidance as well – traveling all over hell's half acre in a private jet or a campaign bus isn't exactly conducive to a normal life for a teenager, or any kid for that matter. No wonder her kids are screwed up and having illegitimate kids. Look for the next one to happen because it will.

July 22, 2011 03:32 pm at 3:32 pm |
  20. The Real Tom Paine

Sank,

If you don't have the courage and/or intelligence to support your statements with something other than a poorly-worded rant, please don't post. It makes you no better than the people you were criticizing. By the way, you came across as "uncouth" more than most in here. Leave the caps button off.

July 22, 2011 03:34 pm at 3:34 pm |
  21. bingabongadoo

Levi was not her first or last. The baby is not even his, its mine.

July 22, 2011 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  22. Joseph

"but now looks for men that are "into their families""

I suppose this means married men?

July 22, 2011 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  23. david saint

lol Ok, shes had her 15 minutes and then some...can she PLEASE go accomplish something before we hear about her again? Other than her constant lies and fake attitude. We get enough of that from her Mom.

July 22, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  24. Greg

Looks like the entire family is stupid

July 22, 2011 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  25. Ralph in Orange Park, FL

Her biggest challenge will be finding a guy smart enough not to breath through his mouth, yet dumb enough to marry her.

July 22, 2011 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |