Bristol: I lied to my Mom
July 22nd, 2011

Bristol: I lied to my Mom

(CNN) – Bristol Palin admits it was "stupid" to lie to her mother, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, about the night she lost her virginity to ex-boyfriend Levi Johnston.

"It was a night that I look back on with the adult eyes that I have now and I just realize that that was so stupid," Palin said Thursday on HLN's "Dr. Drew." "That was so stupid to lie to my mom and to have those series of bad decisions that I made all in one night."

She and Johnston had a son together and were briefly engaged. Bristol said they no longer speak and that she was "an idiot" to believe they would be together forever.

"I was an idiot for believing that and thinking that," Palin said. "But, yes he had me convinced."

The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee's eldest daughter and author of "Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far," said she used to fall for boys she "could fix," but now looks for men that are "into their families, that are on the same page with their faith as me."

Although she wishes she stuck to her abstinence pledge, she said it is important that sex education be taught in schools.

"I think it needs to be taught," she said. "But I mean, kids are going to do whatever they want to do at the end of the day."

HLN, like CNN is owned by Time Warner, Inc.

Filed under: Bristol Palin • Sarah Palin
  1. Dirk Wladon

THIS THANG (girl)! Is sooo weak in the head, the baby's daddy might NOT even be 'Levi. And if I was this suppose to be daddy I would be calling for a blood test. Then fight for custody so the little fella won't grow up exposed to dumbness.

July 22, 2011 03:49 pm at 3:49 pm |
  2. Rhona

Why does anyone care what this vapid little hypocrite says?

Like daughter, like mother, one supposes.

July 22, 2011 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  3. Richard Ryder

What is wrong with CNN and Dr Drew? Who cares what this moon faced idiot has to say??? Why does the news media keep giving the Palins the podium they all want? Shame on CNN and double shame on Dr. Drew!! I thought he was above this stupidity...he is getting more like Geraldo and others who cater to the ridiculous. Bristol Palin has no business on Drew's show...she is 20 and nothing she says makes any sense and is a waste. I watched for about 90 seconds...and went to MSNBC.

July 22, 2011 04:00 pm at 4:00 pm |
  4. WMesser58

Yep, kids can do whatever they want and when they do they become adults like the rest of the world with consequences. What amazes me is how anyone would listen to this spoiled do whatever she wants kid and believe she is like the rest of the population. Ah, how many teen kids have rich parents that can bail them out.

She and her kind never figure out how much it impacts everyone in the family because all of a sudden grandma becomes mom when the so called grown-up gets tired of playing with dolls. Unfortunately it's right after the nanny leaves and the parents are stuck with a newborn they hadn't planned on.

Nice having so much money these little inconveniences can be overcome.

July 22, 2011 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  5. vja

Seriously, who cares about this?

The Palins are white trash morons whose fifteen minutes should've ended sometime last year. Momma Bear's political career may have been short and doomed, but she hasn't failed to capitalize on it in true British tabloid fashion. As an American, I am disgusted with how the nation fixates on these provincial, classless dimwits. It wouldn't be so repugnant had the woman not been within reach of the #2 seat.

What ever happened to the best and the brightest? We should all be ashamed.

July 22, 2011 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  6. jim

How does it go? Stupid is as stupid does?

July 22, 2011 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  7. runner305

"Palin Power", you are fooling nobody but yourself. There is NO WAY that the American people are going to elect Sarah Palin to be the next President. The Palins are superior to nobody, with the possible exception of yourself!

July 22, 2011 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  8. Jeff Brown in Jersey

Aww shucks... More deep thinking from a Palin...

July 22, 2011 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  9. jtsilver2th

I'. mean seriously how does this remotely qualify as news? Teenage age girl get knocked up on a camping trip by her teenage boyfriend and they fight about it- only in Palinology- are you doing a series on the dating habits of prospective presidential candidates children o what? Why isn't there two sides to the story? I have read reports from her former friends that certainly contradict her on several points. As well a Mr. Johnston's views.

July 22, 2011 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  10. YIKES!

She looks like she had more plastic surgery than Joan Rivers and she is only 22!!!!!

July 22, 2011 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  11. Jake

This is by far the most ridiculous post/article on the cnn political ticker. It has no business here whatsoever.

Get your sh*t straight CNN and stop suckin' up to the useless Palins.

July 22, 2011 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  12. Chas in Iowa

How is this even vaguely political news.
    FLASH " Bristol Palin is a nobody" FLASH

July 22, 2011 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  13. Arctic

If peple are sick of hearing about the Palin's, or has negitive comment about this i don't understand what draws them into reading this story?

July 22, 2011 04:18 pm at 4:18 pm |
  14. Ashlie

Why are you all being so rude? What she is saying is true. Teenagers are idiots and they're going to do what they WANT to, or FEEL LIKE doing at the end of the day- despite everything their parents have taught them. SO, the best option is to educate them and arm them with all the information and TOOLS they need to be safe WHILE THEY INEVITABLY make those dumb decisions that WE ALL MADE when we were teenagers. How many of you blasting off about this waited until you were married to lose your virginity? Get off your high horses, realize that we all learn from our mistakes and stop harpooning her simply because you're not a fan of her mother.

July 22, 2011 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  15. curzen

I have enough trouble seeing her mom as relevant to the news cycle. With her daughter I really don't understand why anything she does or says is relevant to make front page news. Has this nation really become that shallow?

July 22, 2011 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  16. MyTwoCents

Why is this article even on CNN? Bristol is NOT news...

July 22, 2011 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  17. TamarS

this is not news. it was reported in Peopl Magazine two weeks ago. and what is it doing under "political ticker"?

July 22, 2011 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  18. Mark

I think it's madatory that there be at least 2 articles per week about someone named Palin. I think if you went to the dictionary and looked up the term media whore you would see Sarah & Bristol's picture.

July 22, 2011 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  19. Rock Reynolds

She did get one thing right, about her being "an idiot".

July 22, 2011 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  20. Jay

Why is CNN even covering this? The Palins are not even newsworthy! CNN, if you want to cover something important, write stories about our troops serving in the US Armed Forces. Don't waste your time and our time on some prima donna like her and her mother.

July 22, 2011 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  21. Brenda Reed

I do not understand why this young woman is even in the news, She has not lived enough and is not mature enough to be given credit for a useful or relevant opinion!

July 22, 2011 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  22. Triangle Momma

How can Dr. Drew say to her "you were robbed of your childhood, you were robbed of your virginity." ROBBED? She willingly made a choice to give it up. Stop making her the victim. She complains that it's "not easy," but how many teenage moms go on to make about a million a year blabbing about their "mistake" and whining about their child's father? I am sure she has it real hard with a large bank account, a nanny, etc. Her only "hard" in life is being Sarah Palin's offspring. I'll give her that. Her mother PREACHES about abstinence before marriage, but yet she cannot seem to keep her children from having premarital sex (I don't think it's wrong – she's the one spewing). If she can't lead her family or get them to listen, how would she expect to lead a nation? Oh, right – with a shotgun, just like she does to control everything else in life – gotcha!

July 22, 2011 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  23. wgf

"adult eyes"... please, she has no idea what it means to be an adult.

July 22, 2011 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  24. Greg s

All of yall have lost site of youth and all you can focus on is your hate for this woman., Re read these post, yall need to let the hate go.

July 22, 2011 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  25. RaddyRabbit

CNN, I love your web and TV news, but please, please, please, stop covering stuff like this, It is not news and we do not care. Leave it to Entertainment Tonight and People Magazine and the supermarket tabloids.

This is below your standards.

July 22, 2011 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |