Bristol: I lied to my Mom
July 22nd, 2011

Bristol: I lied to my Mom

(CNN) – Bristol Palin admits it was "stupid" to lie to her mother, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, about the night she lost her virginity to ex-boyfriend Levi Johnston.

"It was a night that I look back on with the adult eyes that I have now and I just realize that that was so stupid," Palin said Thursday on HLN's "Dr. Drew." "That was so stupid to lie to my mom and to have those series of bad decisions that I made all in one night."

She and Johnston had a son together and were briefly engaged. Bristol said they no longer speak and that she was "an idiot" to believe they would be together forever.

"I was an idiot for believing that and thinking that," Palin said. "But, yes he had me convinced."

The 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee's eldest daughter and author of "Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far," said she used to fall for boys she "could fix," but now looks for men that are "into their families, that are on the same page with their faith as me."

Although she wishes she stuck to her abstinence pledge, she said it is important that sex education be taught in schools.

"I think it needs to be taught," she said. "But I mean, kids are going to do whatever they want to do at the end of the day."

HLN, like CNN is owned by Time Warner, Inc.

Filed under: Bristol Palin • Sarah Palin
  1. Flipper

This is news? Oh wait, I forgot...CNN never passes up an opportunity to portray the Palin family in a negative light. Of course, CNN also wants to give their knuckle-dragging groupies another chance to call members of Palin's family "stupid" so that they can come across as superior and feel better about their pathetic lives.

Is anybody else creeped out about CNN's obsession with the Palins? I know many left-wingers are consumed with HATE for Sarah Palin, but the vitriol against her family? When does this end?

July 22, 2011 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  2. DJ

A teenager lies to her parents and this makes news?

July 22, 2011 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  3. Gigiastro

And this is political news because?

July 22, 2011 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  4. Yankees fan

CNN – get your freakin act together. How is this politics? How is this news? Stop walking down the path of crap media. You're losing my respect.

July 22, 2011 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  5. her3me24

Nothing but a bunch of haters that post here on CNN, when are you going to realize that her comments DO have value and her comments DO matter. It takes a bunch of real mature grownups to bash a group of kids, including the kid, Bristol Palin, on the campaign trail, you all have NO class.

July 22, 2011 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  6. chuck

There is a huge bombing in Norway, innocent people dying - and CNN posts a story about Bristol Palin's sexcapades on the POLITICAL Ticker – First- "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" - all I can say is - this ARTICLE should have been ABORTED !

July 22, 2011 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  7. AV Dave

Why is this news?

July 22, 2011 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  8. Carleton

Bristol & mom,both need to grow up! Please

July 22, 2011 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  9. Only Logic

You know, sooner or later this publicity-for-nothing gravy train is going to pull into the station and Bristol's free ride will be over. When that happens she'll be a young, unwed mother with no education and no marketable skills. Yes, she may have a few bucks put away from her book gig, but how long with that last? Like her mother, she made some dough in a short time, but she has no real long-term prospects. And as an object of entertainment for the American public, what more does she have to offer other than possibly toeing the same road as, say, Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton and host of other young women who are famous only for being famous.

I'm not trying to be mean, nasty, or cynical – just forward-thinking.

July 22, 2011 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  10. SXS

CNN grow a pair and just stop type of reporting you are flushing your own reputation down the toilet.

July 22, 2011 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  11. John

CNN you have 163 People telling You that the Palin Isn't news of any kind. We all know that wasn't Bristol First Time and you are not going to make me Believe that she Plan a Camp trip with her boy friend and she all ready news what they where going to do. All Saran Palin had teach this girl Is to LIE. What Saran Palin should do Is stay homes be for the other become the same way. I even believe that way Saran Palin son got married because his girl friend was going to have a baby. No Bristol have a lot of IDIOT that Paying her for having a baby and not being married. You Idiot are making her Rich for what ,doing the same thing hundred of young lady have done. But the Other 99% no body having them money and making them RICH.

July 22, 2011 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  12. Oaa

Bristol "Looks for guys that are into their families?"

yikes.

homewrecker.

July 22, 2011 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  13. petena

I always watch Dr. Drew. Yesterday you made me switch channels with the story. Keep it up Dr. Drew and soon you will be like Bristol (jobless) as your readers will permanently watch newsworthy channels.

July 22, 2011 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  14. d rufus onfyre

Since Bristol brought it up, yes, she was an idiot... and still is. This only proves the effectiveness of abstinence education. Bristol Palin is not the only stupid little girl who has lied and gotten knocked up instead of handling her business responsibly. Levi is no better and Sarah is a lot worse.

July 22, 2011 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  15. Dr. Conrad Murray

Lying and doing what you want to do at the end of the day anyway? Sounds super Republican to me. Where's the news? Why is SHE relevant? Why doesn't the media glorify REAL heroes instead of lying adolesent hipocrates?

July 22, 2011 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  16. jay in california

and why is this in the political ticker?

July 22, 2011 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  17. Javier

Oh please, go away Dr. Drew! I am not a therapist, but I know an enabler when I see one.

July 22, 2011 05:26 pm at 5:26 pm |
  18. Billybob

Odd how every pic of the Palin twits has their big mouths wide open!

July 22, 2011 05:36 pm at 5:36 pm |
  19. ThinkAgain

CNN has kept this non-story at the top of the ticker all day ... so here's a totally unrelated comment, about something that REALLY matters.

Regarding raising the debt ceiling:

Republicans had no problem doing it six times under GW Bush. Why? To cover the expense of two unfunded wars (which were also kept off the books) and unfunded Medicare Part D. The Clinton surplus disappeared and our country ran up a huge bill, as unemployment continued to rise. No worry on the part of the Republicans; in fact, Cheney famously said that "deficits don't matter." (June 2004)

Now that we have a president who had the stones to be truthful with the American people and put the cost of those wars back on the books, a man who treats us like actual thinking adults by saying this mess is big and will take awhile to clean it up, the Republicans are refusing to raise the debt ceiling – unless massive cuts are made to programs that help the most vulnerable among us.

So, in a nutshell: Republicans don't mind debt for war (which lines the pockets of corporations such as Haliburton), but can't stomach the idea of raising it to preserve the social safety net that is needed now more than ever.

Pretty clear choice come November 2012, folks. Pick your side.

Obama 2012

July 22, 2011 05:37 pm at 5:37 pm |
  20. Joshua

Horray for Bristol and her mom. This is exactly what America needs now. Young, hot looking women who will put themselves in the public light and openly talk about getting pregnant.

July 23, 2011 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |