Gov. Christie expects to leave hospital soon
July 28th, 2011

Gov. Christie expects to leave hospital soon

(CNN) – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie checked into a hospital Thursday morning after he had difficulty breathing, the governor's press secretary, Michael Drewniak, said in a statement.

"In line with someone dealing with asthma, he is being given routine tests as a precautionary measure," Drewniak said.

Spokeswoman Maria Comella said Thursday afternoon that Christie is "fully alert and in charge" and that he was expected to leave Somerset Medical Center in the evening.

Comella told reporters that Christie received tests but no formal treatment, and that he would be back to work Friday morning.

She said the governor was able to walk into the emergency room even as he had difficulty breathing.

Filed under: Chris Christie
  1. Scott

Not a fan. But hope he feels better.

July 28, 2011 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  2. Russ

Hope you feel better soon. I don't agree with your politics, but still I hope you get better.

July 28, 2011 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  3. JThomas2121

Gov. Christie is the man! Finally a politician who is putting his state and its citizens above the desires of a minority and his own political party and future. This guy is the example of what all other politicians should be: articulate, intelligent, and willing to stand up to his opponents, including those in his own party, for the greater good of the majority of people.

Stay well Governor.

July 28, 2011 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  4. phoenix starr

Best wishes Gov Christie for a full recovery and return to work as soon as possible! We love what you're trying to do for our state!

July 28, 2011 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  5. Anonymous

feel better

July 28, 2011 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  6. mel

gov christie is exactly who we need in the white house.

July 28, 2011 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  7. Alex

Although I never agreed with his politics at all, I hope he feels better.

July 28, 2011 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  8. The Day of Financial Reckoning is HERE - The Great Democrat Welfare Society Ends

Hang in there Gov!! This country needs you BAD!!

July 28, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  9. ArizonaYankee

Get well soon. You have done a great job for NJ. Best Gov. EVER...

July 28, 2011 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  10. TwM

Recover quickly Governor. Your State needs you.

July 28, 2011 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  11. Peter s

Gov Christie we may have our political differencies however, you are missed! and we are wishing you a speedy recovery so that we can meet again in the political arena soon!!!

July 28, 2011 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  12. al

Feel better!

July 28, 2011 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  13. Kevin

I love the kind comments people are wishing the Governor, regardless of whether or not they disagree or agree with his politics. Posters like these people are truly compassionate, decent human beings and I wish them all health and happiness in their lives! Also, hope Governor Christie feels better too! :)

July 28, 2011 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  14. Kim

I don't agree with his politics, but still wish him a speedy recovery.

July 28, 2011 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  15. NamePatti, FL

God Bless, thank you for all your service – and inspiration- to our Country.....Truly!

July 28, 2011 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  16. Marine5484

Hope you feel better Gov. Not a citizen of your state but a fan of your common sense approach to politics and having the back bone to stand up to people even in your own party.

July 28, 2011 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  17. Norps

Hope Gov. Christie get better, even though I disagree with his politics.

July 28, 2011 12:50 pm at 12:50 pm |
  18. GOP = Greed Over People

While certainly no fan of the governor, I too wish him well and a speedy recovery.

July 28, 2011 12:51 pm at 12:51 pm |
  19. The Day of Financial Reckoning is HERE - The Great Democrat Welfare Society Ends

I hear the air in DC is MUCH better than NJ. Please consider a move ASAP! hint, hint...

July 28, 2011 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  20. Damien

He'll drop dead by 55 if he doesn't start taking care of himself.

July 28, 2011 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  21. john

I find this rather amusing that this guy who would destroy other peoples benifits has such praise for the doctors and care he is getting. Imagine if he had no benifits I wonder how good of care he would get. Plus he need to loose some weight I do believe he is on the heavy side.

July 28, 2011 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  22. C. Howe Yulikit

Don't agree with him politically, but wish him a complete and speedy recovery.

July 28, 2011 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  23. bcrunner

Totally disagree with the way he is running his state, but wish him a speedy recovery...

July 28, 2011 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  24. jon

Because I'm a Republican, I preach personal responsibility for all. Of course, I don't practice what I preach, and I stuff my face all day every day, especially when riding in my taxpayer funded helicopter to run my personal errands.So now that I weigh 500 pounds and have to be put in the hospital, I'll run up the state's tab for my health insurance because I eat like a pig. But all of YOU must practice personal responsibility!

–Fat Boy Christie, GOP Hypocrite In Chief

July 28, 2011 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |
  25. ART

Hello i'd have difficulty breathing if I had to carry 300lbs of excess weight. I'am surprised that helicopter didn't crash when he was taking it to his kids ball game, they arn't ment to carry such a load.

July 28, 2011 12:56 pm at 12:56 pm |