Palin to Congress: Remember your values (and what I said last November)
July 28th, 2011

Palin to Congress: Remember your values (and what I said last November)

(CNN) – Sarah Palin reminded Republican freshmen members of Congress Thursday of the promises they made during their 2010 campaigns and encouraged them to remain true to their fiscally conservative values as Congress debates an increase to the debt ceiling.

On her Facebook page, the former Alaska governor reprinted a letter she sent the then-newly elected members in November 2010 that called on them to tackle the deficit and entitlement programs to "avert a fiscal disaster."

"Republicans campaigned on a promise to rein in out-of-control government spending," Palin wrote in 2010. "These are promises that you must keep."

In her new post, Palin asked the representatives who received backing from the tea party movement to remember those who propelled their candidacies.

"I respectfully ask these GOP Freshman to re-read this letter and remember us 'little people' who believed in them, donated to their campaigns, spent hours tirelessly volunteering for them, and trusted them with our votes," Palin wrote. "This new wave of public servants may recall that they were sent to D.C. for such a time as this."

Palin, who is considering a bid for the White House in 2012, has said raising the debt ceiling is inevitable, but that Republicans "better get something out of it." She has also been a proponent of the "Cut, Cap, and Balance" pledge passed through the Republican-controlled House and failed in the Senate.

Filed under: 2012 • Congress • Debt • Deficit • Sarah Palin
  1. Michael

Please stay in Alaska Sarah!!!!

July 28, 2011 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  2. CBR

The fiscal problems of the United States can only be solved if all sides give a little to produce a bill that everyone can support. For the 43 freshmen to refuse to work with others would be wrong. Sarah Palin should know this and her call to these representatives is nothing but political grandstanding. It does show a lack of understanding about how a democracy makes decisions. I think the TEA party needs leadership that knows when to work with others and when to hold the line. Fiscal responsibility is necessary if we are to get out of this mess.

July 28, 2011 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  3. northof48

You're a "little people" Saya? How do you figure that?

July 28, 2011 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  4. Bodhi

I wish Palin would quit posing as a politician or as an intellectual. Shes already stated she hated her government job, so shy doesnt she leave politics to those who are interested?

July 28, 2011 09:30 pm at 9:30 pm |
  5. JimAR

I understand that Palin has perfect vision following laser surgery, but continues to wear glasses because they make her look more intelligent.

July 28, 2011 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  6. trashcup

Let's see, hmmm, wasn't Sarah Palin the mayor/governor who HIRED a LOBBYIST to go to Washington to get more money for Wasilla???? Wasn't she the one who helped ALASKA become the BIGGEST ear mark recipient of ALL the states? Wasn't she the one who was for the bridge to nowhere before she wasn't?

What a complete and utter dingbat. The republicans have screwed this up enough without your help, Palin. Go away and get lost.

July 28, 2011 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  7. Indy

Remember what the people said in 2008 ?? Go home sarah Palin and finish your term as Governor because we have decided that Barrack Obama will be the President. She never did listen and never kept her promise to serve her elected position, when the going got tough she bailed. She is a big reason the Tea Party Cult is holding American hostage right now and they should all be considered terrorists including Sarah Palin.

July 28, 2011 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  8. Tom

Palin was the corner stone of success for the Tea Party and that is why she is so feared. You dont have to be an Elite Harvard grad to be a leader. In fact you can be highly intelligent and not be able to lead at all. Just look at Obama, I wouldnt higher him to run a daycare.

July 28, 2011 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  9. Jane Beaugez - Mississippi

It is in the best interest of America (this is the big issue here–America), that neither the Boehner nor the Reid Bills get passed. What a rotten shame that so-called learned men & women, have not figured out YET that a country can not run in "RED" ink. It has been evident to our citizens for a long time, that America’s Day would arrive to “pay the piper”. The time is here, the people are say, our day has arrived. Now, ladies & gentlemen of the US Congress:

Cut the spending
    Cap the spending
    Live like the rest of us have to in our homes "LIVE with a Balanced Budged

My heart grieves for our nation. Just so you know, I am a Republican; I am a Christian; I've been interested in my governments affairs since a junior high school girl and at 71 (though young 71), I never dreamed I'd see what I am now witnessing in our nations capitol city.
    MS Gulf Coast

July 28, 2011 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  10. Jeff,nm

I remember.
    There's a reason why you aren't Vice President Sarah.

July 28, 2011 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  11. Philojazz

The best way to "avert a disaster" is to keep Ms Palin out of the White House.

July 28, 2011 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  12. goo6er

You can count on Palin's press releases to come out every 10 days or so. That's all the longer she can go before the ego must be fed.

July 28, 2011 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  13. Get A Grip

I use to be on the fence regarding Palin, now I'm really starting to like this woman. Since the libs appear to hate her so much, it must mean Palin is one heck of great woman!!!

July 28, 2011 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  14. Marjee123

What a joke she is and what is more of a joke is the media that pays attention to her. Maybe I should teach my cat to talk he would make more sense.

July 28, 2011 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  15. TM

The last politically important thing said by Mrs Palin was "I quit." I could not care less what she said last November. I don't listen to QUITTERS.

July 28, 2011 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  16. vikingslost

I know Sarah Palin may have taken better pictures, but the one above makes her look like a psycho witch that just woke up and trying to act like she is part of the crowd. lol

July 28, 2011 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  17. Bob

Now that You folks have said your part !!!! Let us look at the real person, Sarah Palin! Who fears God , which is the begining of wisdom, and one who follows His leadership!!!!! Who are we to interfear with ALMIGHTY GOD! He is in control of this Great Country! She is in God's hands and He is leading her! So stand back and see how God going to use her!!!

July 28, 2011 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  18. Brian Poe

Thank God this woman is starting to fizzle, with the introduction of her wacky clone, Bachman.

I don't know who she is to dictate to officials in Washingston, she's a quitter, and she's got a lot of nerve telling other politicians to hold the line.

These ultra-wacko conservatives are destroying our nation, and causing turmoil to everyone and everything from the stock market, to the pacemakers for seniors who fear their hard years of work will be for nothing when it comes to their Social Security benefits.

I think there needs to be another Tea Party in Boston, but throw the people in this time, they are destroying this country with their outrageous idealism.

July 28, 2011 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  19. Brian K. Poe

July 28, 2011 09:56 pm at 9:56 pm |
  20. seriously???

Tea Party stands for taxed enough already, right? So if we default, like most in the Tea Party desires, and our interest rate skyrockets over $100 billion a year (or whatever the number is) doesn't the Tea Party know that that is essentially additional taxpayer money that will have to be paid??

July 28, 2011 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  21. Ronald

Ten years from now people will back and say "Oh yeah, Sarah Palin and the Tea Party...what ever happened to them?".

July 28, 2011 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  22. Jewels

Ya - advice from someone that is "so ethical". I can't believe she's trying to advise on how to handle financial matters. All while she'll continue to collect money from her followers,...

July 28, 2011 10:02 pm at 10:02 pm |
  23. Madtown

Palin, who is considering a bid for the White House in 2012...
    -–
    Earth to media: $arah Palin IS NOT 'considering' a bid for the White House. She is using you to continually propel her into the national spotlight, in order to grow her brand and continue the payday. She has no intention of running, and the way you play along with her game is hilariously pathetic.

July 28, 2011 10:03 pm at 10:03 pm |
  24. S.B. Stein E.B. NJ

I wonder if she really understands what is going on with the debt and the Congress. I am not sure that she really comprehends that those campaign promises are not worth much when the country's financial future hangs in the balance.

July 28, 2011 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  25. usalaskans

palin and supporters,, is the very reason animals eat their young,,(caddy shack)

July 28, 2011 10:07 pm at 10:07 pm |