BLITZER'S BLOG: Debate is just beginning
August 1st, 2011

BLITZER'S BLOG: Debate is just beginning

Washington (CNN) - If you liked the debt ceiling debate of recent days, you probably will love the debate that will occur in the days leading up to Thanksgiving this year.

If you hated the current debate, you probably will despise the one coming up in four months.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Debt • Deficit • TV-The Situation Room
  1. Unemployed without benefits

And as I watch the debate now, the only thing I see moving forward is the coverage. The trigger is a good plan to prevent political posturing and promote real problem solving. That is also why I doubt it will pass. The congress lives on posturing, why would they vote to prevent it.

August 1, 2011 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  2. GI Joe

I've learned that Rove, Armey, and the Koch brothers have bought a lot of people's votes. It's a shame. The teabaggers need to be voted out. I definitely won't EVER vote for a one of them.

August 1, 2011 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  3. The Day of Financial Reckoning is HERE - The Great Democrat Welfare Society Ends

In short, the country may have avoided a debt ceiling disaster for now. But this debate is only just beginning.
    =======================================================================================
    Yeah, avoided it until the new Presdient takes office in Jan. 2013 when the debt time bomb Obama and the Democrats have created explodes AGAIN.

August 1, 2011 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  4. grandma of 3

I am SO angry over the havoc and distressed caused by the TEA Party. These people are CRAZY! They are so unreasonable that that their behavior borders on terrorism. It's like going to your doctor for help with a really bad headache and being told that finding an effective treatment will take too long, so it's best to just cut off your head!
    My fervent prayer is that we ALL remember what these people have done and show our disgust by voting them OUT of office at the next opportunity. I WILL remember and will do whatever I can to return these NUTS to the asylum as soon as possible.

August 1, 2011 02:57 pm at 2:57 pm |
  5. The Greedy Old Pigs have declared class war on US!

I doubt I can despise the GOBP, the teatards and their cult leaders any more than I already do. They are vile and un-American corporate welfare queens getting fat off our labor while trying to cut down the crumbs they toss our way,.

August 1, 2011 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  6. donna

why does the gop always want to take from the poor aep raises there rates until people on fixed incomes cant pay it no raises on ssi for 2 years all this stalling was to just take more from the poor do they think people are stupid and dont know what they are up to i would not vote for any of them their pockets are more important then the people

August 1, 2011 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  7. GI Joe

Boner's about to cry - he was sweating in the elevator last night AND WE ALL SAW IT.

He's the least productive Speaker in the history of this nation (data proves it - do the research - 12 bills in 6 months and not even one was job related - wait, did they pass the one naming a P.O? If so, make it 13).

August 1, 2011 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  8. james r.

Both Senate/Reid, and House/Tea Party Plans do nothing to cut the magnitude of our nation's debt, in fact all either plan will do?,is slow growth of debt at different rates,why would anyone be happy??,oh yeah the federal government although lacking in revenue???,shall still dole out tax-breaks. Strange that a nation at such an economic "abyss" can maintain this welfare program for those corporations, and individuals whom need it least!....,theres your victory TEA PARTY. However there is no one cheering!, take a glance at the Markets! Even vultures are aware soon! nothing will remain of the corpse thats america.

August 1, 2011 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  9. Mike kerns

I only despise the teaturd and repuke party selling our country out!

August 1, 2011 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |