Huntsman jokes about another misspelling
August 3rd, 2011

Huntsman jokes about another misspelling

Manchester, New Hampshire (CNN) - Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman didn't seem too perturbed by the misspelling of his name on a New Hampshire campaign mailer sent on his behalf to voters in the state.

When asked about the error on the mailer envelope during a press availability Wednesday, Huntsman joked about how he ended up being called "Jon" instead of the more common spelling "John."

"Well I come from a long line of illiterates," he said. "They forgot the 'H' in my name and sometimes that comes back to haunt me."

This is not the first spelling error to plague the Huntsman campaign. When the former ambassador to China announced his candidacy on June 21, members of the media were given press passes that also read "John" Huntsman. The passes also said the event occurred in New York, but in fact it was held in New Jersey.

The misspelled envelope was produced by a direct mail firm and distributed in June.

Filed under: 2012 • Jon Huntsman
  1. C. Howe Yulikit

Where's his birth certificate? Won't that have the correct spelling? Unless it's a forgery! That's it!!! He's actually born in Mormonland!! Hurry Tea Baggers! Pounce on this!

August 3, 2011 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  2. The Greedy Old Pigs have declared class war on US!

He's just practicing for 2016. And watch Hunts Man carefully; he is by no means a "moderate"; he just appears that way compared to the extreme rightwing radical teatards. He still cares only for the greedy, not the needy. And as a GWB-like messaround/messup son of a chemical fortune, you can bet your last dollar he's a corrupt corporatist cultist.

August 3, 2011 06:36 pm at 6:36 pm |
  3. Voice of Reason

Whether you like his politics or not (I dont), it IS kind of refreshing to see a GOP candidate handle something like this with grace. If it had been Palin, she would have twittered away about it being a 'lamestream media' conspiracy.

August 3, 2011 06:52 pm at 6:52 pm |
  4. fernace

Mr. Huntsman is the only viable Republican in the Presidential race. He's articulate, knows what he stands for & is not an "extremist"! He's such a change from the Palins & the Bachmanns, who I still can't believe are in this race! Of course, he wont get the "Nod" from his party! Right now it seems Romney is the favorite, but the crazy chicks are on his tail! I will still vote for Obama, who, no matter what the GOP says, has brought us off the ledge & we're continuing forward! That's the path I want to stay on for the next 4! But it's nice to recognize at least 1 Republican among all the teabags!!

August 3, 2011 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  5. CJ

I think "plague" is a bit strong of word for this mishap... I think "pester" might fit what the writer means. He's not going to lose (or win) the election because of an additional "h"...

August 3, 2011 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  6. Claudia, Houston, Tx

We all know this man didn't come from illiterates, to master the Chinese language, I'd say he came from a family who were bored with the English language or lack thereof.

August 3, 2011 07:16 pm at 7:16 pm |