Obama checks in to Foursquare
August 16th, 2011

Obama checks in to Foursquare

(CNN) - Social networking app Foursquare has snagged perhaps its highest profile user: President Barack Obama.

The commander-in-chief has joined the location-based service and will be using it to highlight places he visits and what he does there, the White House announced on its blog Monday evening.

FULL STORY

Filed under: President Obama • White House
  1. Frank - Ohio

Does this President ever work?

August 16, 2011 08:01 am at 8:01 am |
  2. diridi

This nation is messed by GOP thugs, it is rather irreparable damage done to this nation out of Iraq war, Trickle down economy. Both of these destroyed this nation like a hell. Congress idiotically cut spending,when we need it direly, without thinking. you analyze, what Obama could do in Two years, of the mess of Thirty years by Reagan and Bush., , Idiots voted for congress, which is divided, and dis-functional caused spending cuts. Ok, I think, Obama is doing what all he can, to rescue this nation. We will win, Buffet is right, Tax the rich and who make more than 250k or more. Bush's Tax cuts failed, not created single job. GOP idiots won on Jobs, slogan...GOP thugs, my question is Where are the Jobs? Obama2012.

August 16, 2011 08:17 am at 8:17 am |
  3. Ellen

Wow, I'm so glad that the President is spending his time doing such important things...like, maybe I could TOTALLY friend him when he gets a Facebook page!!! Ugh.

August 16, 2011 08:40 am at 8:40 am |
  4. Rudy NYC

MAC wrote:
    The questions as to why businesses are moving to Texas is the question that the media is afraid to ask. It is lower taxes and a business friendly government unlike Washington DC and the democratic party.
    -------------
    I think you just hit the core issue where current Republicans have lost their with me. You say that Republicans focus on a "business friendly" environment. That is precisely what is wrong with Republicans.

The role of government is not to create some extremist's vision of a "business friendly" environment. The people do not fit into that vision. Haven't you ever heard the phrase, "by the people", or "for the people"?

Now I hear right wing extremists declaring that corporations are people, too. People who claim the wish to be POTUS. I find that terrifying for our democracy as we know it. That concept would totally destroy it, and it is supported by Republicans who claim to preserve the republic. Hogwash, I say.

If corporations are people, pretty soon they will demand the right to vote. Our Republican friends will probably defend their claim, citing "taxation without representation" and other convincing lines of illogic.

Is that your idea of a business friendly environment? One where the people's government makes the people take a back seat so that an elite can make a profit? That is not democracy, my friend.

August 16, 2011 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  5. susan

People act as if Pres. Obama had some magic wand to instantly create changes in our world. Obviously they did not take basic civics. The president's job is limited by what the congress does. There are few things Presidents can do independently. BTW, Mr. Obama already has a facebook page and twitter account as do Quitter Palin, and many of the GOP nominees. It is just another way to get the message out. I also say, WHERE ARE THE JOBS? We were told that if the Bush tax cuts continued, companies would hire. They were continued and NO jobs. GOP, you lied!

August 16, 2011 08:53 am at 8:53 am |