BLITZER’S BLOG: My impressions of President Obama
August 17th, 2011

BLITZER’S BLOG: My impressions of President Obama

(CNN) – I’m just back in Washington from three days in Iowa, including time with President Obama. We had an in-depth, on-camera interview. We also had a chance to chat off-camera. Let me share my impressions.

Like every president before him, President Obama has aged dramatically since taking office. It comes with the territory.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Iowa • President Obama • TV-The Situation Room
  1. SOUTHERN HOTTIE

2004: cute
    2008: cuter
    2011: cutest :)

August 17, 2011 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  2. In order for 15 MILLION to find a job, only ONE must LOSE his.... Fire Obama in 2012

Interesting... Confident he will be re-elected even after he said himself that if he hadn't turned the country around after 3 years it would be a one term proposition? If what we have right now is his definition of being turned around then he is far more delusional than I thought he was. With his ratings now slipping into the 30s and headed for the 20s, I think he might want to starrt hedging his bet on where he'll be come the end of January 2013. If he is still in the Whitehouse then this country is doomed.

August 17, 2011 03:41 pm at 3:41 pm |
  3. jane

God bless you Mr. President!

August 17, 2011 03:45 pm at 3:45 pm |
  4. Dominican mama 4 Obama

I do not for one millisecond regret my vote for President Obama. Not one. Yes. I wish he had "stood up" to the Rethugs and their selfishly motivated demands that did not take into account the welfare of this country. But at what expense would he have stood up to them? Would our current situation have been worse had THIS President NOT compromised? I don't truly know, but it feels like the answer would've been 'yes'.
    The public option during the healthcare debate left me a little deflated. Yet what do I know of ALL the goings-on in government. Indeed what do any of us know of such. We're Monday night quarterbackers of sorts. Some more informed than others (Sniffit, Rudy NYC, GI Joe et al), some of us just calling it as it happens with whatever info we can get our hands on.
    I guess what I am saying is that I voted for him, and I will again because I still trust him. He is not perfect by any means, but it still feels to me like he is truly committed to helping this country in spite of all the unspeakable and yes, treasonous obstruction to prevent him from so doing. Our President is not a quitter; he is not afraid of hard work. The change that he spoke of is here: we are witnessing the possiblde destruction of this country's bloodline, it's middle class, by corporate, and power hungry forces.
    I will stand and fight with THIS President for the America I pledged allegiance to.
    Obama 2012

August 17, 2011 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  5. Rudy NYC

Mr. Blitzer, to be fair you should post pictures of yourself, too. ;)

August 17, 2011 03:47 pm at 3:47 pm |
  6. vic , nashville ,tn

The amount of criticism president face past two and half years unthinkable, most of the criticism nonsense

I don’t think unemployment rate or economy will improve soon because still we don’t know how much two wars will cost us , still we don’t know how much bad assets cooked by bailouts corporation.
    I disagree with president in many issues but I appreciate Obama the way he is handling his job

Yesterday interview was great Wolf

August 17, 2011 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  7. Nini

Dear Wolf, you should see how dramatically I have aged in the past two years from the incompetency and hypocrisy of this president.

August 17, 2011 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  8. diridi

My impression is this dude is smart and fix the economy, I have 100% confidence in him. My question to Congress is where are the Jobs?????Crocodile tears!!!! I shall vote for "Barak Obama". Period....o.k,

August 17, 2011 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |