BLITZER’S BLOG: U.S. handing over frozen Libyan assets to new gov't
August 23rd, 2011

BLITZER’S BLOG: U.S. handing over frozen Libyan assets to new gov't

(CNN) - This is one of those historic moments in world history, and, once again, we’re seeing it unfold live on television. Our intrepid CNN correspondents, including Sara Sidner, Matthew Chance, and Arwa Damon, and their crews and producers are risking their lives to bring us the story. Like all of you, I am very worried about their safety. Their work is amazing.

In the midst of all of this, we’re getting new information on what’s going on from the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice. I just interviewed her.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Content Partner • Libya • Susan Rice • TV-The Situation Room
  1. Proud African American

Yes, Gaddaffi has already stepped down because your indirect colonization!

Now, we, the african Americans, are counting your days you along with your boss Mr. Obama to step down soon!!!!

I can't wait till the election day!

August 23, 2011 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  2. Voice of Reason

Dontcha think it would be wise to wait and see what kind of government the 'Libyan rebels' set up? What if we are handing over all those assets to a bunch of warlords or thugs? I think we have the power to say that those assets stay frozen until there is a government in place that can show that it is both stable, and able to support the political ends of the Libyan people.

August 23, 2011 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  3. e sayberry

I am so tired of the negative energy from the gop.The debt lie , because we are not all stupid.the debt is the direct result of gwb wars .the 1.3 trillion a year war the 40 thousand a year for vs benefits for wounded and unable to work troops returning.also the medical cost for prostetic arms and legs .I am tired of the current president being blamed for the republicans mess

August 23, 2011 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  4. 100% ETH

Do you remember former President Ronald Regan VS current hidden Muammar Qaddafi's funny games?
    If you do, good. I myself, I don't believe the news until I see Qaddafi captured and appeared in Hague or the actual Qaddafi dead body appear in TV.

Qaddafi is the most tricky and illusionist person.
    Now, even CNN admitted, whether the audiences could believe the news.

Don't underestimate Qaddafi, he have the old Magic Tricks that you never seen it before.

August 24, 2011 05:34 am at 5:34 am |
  5. Sniffit

Oh boy...here comes the "can't we keep their money jsut a little longer?" demagoguery....

August 24, 2011 10:44 am at 10:44 am |