Rove levels Palin accusation
August 25th, 2011

Rove levels Palin accusation

(CNN) – Karl Rove accused Sarah Palin of "thin skin" over a message from her political action committee criticizing the speculation surrounding her presidential intentions.

"It is a sign of enormous thin skin if we speculate about her, she gets upset, and I suspect if we didn't speculate about her, she'd be upset and trying to find a way to get us to speculate about her," Rove said Wednesday night of Fox News.

The statement from SarahPAC, released Monday, said the predictions are "intended to mislead the American people" and "fuel the 24 hour news cycle."

The post followed Rove's comments Sunday when he said the release of a web ad and the former Alaska governor's travel schedule are evidence she is more likely than not to jump into the race.

But Rove, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, said if Palin is unhappy with the speculation she should "simply say 'I'm not running.'"

"Instead, every time she pops up in the public eye – like she did on CNN at the Iowa State Fair a number of days ago – she said 'I haven't made a decision,'" Rove said.

The former 2008 vice presidential candidate is expected to address a tea party event in Iowa on September 3. When asked recently in Iowa if she would be ready to join the race by Labor Day, Palin said "I doubt it."

Filed under: 2012 • Karl Rove • Sarah Palin
  1. Rex Raptor

I agree with Rove. Hmmmm... maybe the apocalypse IS coming,

August 25, 2011 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  2. stranger in an increasingly strange land

All three of the women the Republicans have to choose from seem to be thin skinned. Add in vindictive, not overly bright and unappealing to minorities and special intrest groups. It's a party.
    None of these women could pull votes from any religious group but Fundamentalist Christians. Nor could they appeal to any minority group. (The possible exception could be Asian-Americans. The Republicans don't seem to have figured out a way to specifically anger them.) And, with trying to find ways to cut benefits for Baby-Boomers and the elderly, they are even trying to alienate their own base supporters.
    Go Team.

August 25, 2011 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  3. Dave

Gota get get my ice skates on – I said it -and it must have froze over – because once and only once – I agree with Mr. Rove.

August 25, 2011 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  4. Columbus

I can't stand either Rove or Palin, but it's great when their at one another's throat. Will Palin run? Of course not, her vague intentions are only to drive up her value for appearances and to keep the teaparty faithful happy, she's already proven she loves the limelight and the money that goes with it, but not the responsibility to be a leader. Rove on the other hand is the penultimate manipulator, he's obviously trying to get her out of the way so that he can sell the teapartiers on GOP's anointed candidate.

August 25, 2011 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  5. sardukar

something is wrong with the Matrix..I take Jon Stewart seriously and he is a comedian, I think the politicians are joke, people want higher taxes and politicians say no and now I agree with Karl Rove.....this is alternate Universe I tell ya..

August 25, 2011 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  6. DrJStrangepork

Rove must not like her because she opened the door for Obama. I still don't think she'll run because things are still too unstable to guarantee her the White House much less the Republican Nomination. She won't go unless it is a sure thing.

August 25, 2011 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  7. Joe

Every now and then Rove gets it right. She nothing but a publicity hogging diva. But of course, Rove has an agenda. He'll soon be supporting some candidate other than Palin and he wants to make sure he does what he can to damage her reputation.

August 25, 2011 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  8. Claudia, Houston, Tx

Palin's thin skin is also a lack of intelligence, most people like Palin who know they aren't smart always go on attack, that's their coverup.

August 25, 2011 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  9. Liz

I'm shocked! Shocked I say. I actually agree with Rove.

August 25, 2011 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  10. chechi

She wants to be in the sopt light, is good for her bank account. What a manipulator she is. She makes a good fodder for comedians. Is this 101 on how to make money while playing hide and seek? What a waste of time, paper and news space.

August 25, 2011 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  11. victor J

oh please please please please please run for President Sarah. I beg you, Nothing would make me happier as an American than to watch you get crushed by your own party, for your balloon to be popped and for you to go down in flames, once again. Please please please, i'm begging you run.

August 25, 2011 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  12. skyjmpr

They eat their OWN!

August 25, 2011 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  13. victor J

she wont

August 25, 2011 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  14. cecilia

whoa Sarah baby – you are way out of Rove's league – did does not whine – he is meaner – yeah really – he is smarter by far – I would not tangle with Rove – not that I like either one of you worth a tinkers dam – just saying – winks won't work with Rove

August 25, 2011 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  15. bluedogboy

I like how Rove has been bashing Palin, Perry and all the loonies on the right. He sees exactly what most people see.....the destruction of the Republican party as weused to know it.

August 25, 2011 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  16. Mike Hill

I speculate that it we continue to speculate about her speculation that she is speculating whether to run or not, that the speculation will continue about here on speculation the we speculate on.

August 25, 2011 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  17. Chas in Iowa

I think the easy money is about dried up. She's going to have to run to keep her lifestyle going.

August 25, 2011 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  18. thomas

Perry/Palin 2012
    Super Héros
    truth , freedom , corn dogs,

August 25, 2011 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  19. Tim Gard

Doesn't she have to leave Fox's payroll before she can run?

August 25, 2011 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  20. Jerome Horowitz

Anytime I think I'm going crazy, I just check in with the GOP. I feel much better when I compare myself to them!

August 25, 2011 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  21. Jason g

Rove for President!

August 25, 2011 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  22. Marc L from NY

That's cause she is a woman.

August 25, 2011 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  23. clark1g

perhaps it is not the "speculation" she is reacting to ... perhaps it is the motive behind the speculation Mr. Rove. And please don't say you don't hope to cause a reaction when you publicly pronounce such speculations.

August 25, 2011 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  24. Stev

She will not run. Like Donald Trump, she's just in it for the brand and the money that comes with it.

August 25, 2011 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |
  25. Linda

McCain should insist on getting a royalty check from Palin. He sure had a hand in making her rich and making her a celebrity. While I admire McCain, I sure am glad he didn't win given his vp choice.

August 25, 2011 12:33 pm at 12:33 pm |