Rove levels Palin accusation
August 25th, 2011

Rove levels Palin accusation

(CNN) – Karl Rove accused Sarah Palin of "thin skin" over a message from her political action committee criticizing the speculation surrounding her presidential intentions.

"It is a sign of enormous thin skin if we speculate about her, she gets upset, and I suspect if we didn't speculate about her, she'd be upset and trying to find a way to get us to speculate about her," Rove said Wednesday night of Fox News.

The statement from SarahPAC, released Monday, said the predictions are "intended to mislead the American people" and "fuel the 24 hour news cycle."

The post followed Rove's comments Sunday when he said the release of a web ad and the former Alaska governor's travel schedule are evidence she is more likely than not to jump into the race.

But Rove, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, said if Palin is unhappy with the speculation she should "simply say 'I'm not running.'"

"Instead, every time she pops up in the public eye – like she did on CNN at the Iowa State Fair a number of days ago – she said 'I haven't made a decision,'" Rove said.

The former 2008 vice presidential candidate is expected to address a tea party event in Iowa on September 3. When asked recently in Iowa if she would be ready to join the race by Labor Day, Palin said "I doubt it."

Filed under: 2012 • Karl Rove • Sarah Palin
  1. jb1963

Could you imagine her as president? Chavez and Ahmadinejad would eat her for lunch. The tea party terrorist need to sit down and let real Americans run the country.

August 25, 2011 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  2. GOP hates Middle Class

Where you been Karl? The skin has been thin for well over 3 years...

August 25, 2011 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  3. Jack from Illinois

I must admit, it is amusing to watch the Republicans continue to cannabalize each other.

I must further admit, and I never thought I would hear myself say this, but Mr. Rove is dead nuts on target – Palin is an attention (hound), nothing more, and it speaks volumes both of John McCain's judgement AND the collective intelligence of Tea Party members.

August 25, 2011 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  4. Kathy

Good grief she is so yesterday....I find her rather boring...

August 25, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  5. crooked bridge

Finally someone has the courage to call Palin out on the self serving terms in which she wants to promote herself.Palin is clearly an indvidual who believes it is all about "me". What a laugh, and she calls Obama the "chosen" one.

August 25, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  6. Independent In Albany

Sarah certainly likes to play the victim

August 25, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  7. oldcoaldog

Thank you Karl Rove. Our president will need all the help he can get. Keep going after her.

August 25, 2011 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  8. wowsers

Karl Rove is shockingly becoming my new hero very very quickly. Karl, I think you need to give it a go for 2012! It is a joy to finally Republicans pushing back on this joke of a politician who is clearly not going to run because she knows the damage of losing will destroy the valuable consumer brand of events and publishing that she has created. She is after money and she should be deeply ashamed of wasting the collective discourse on her own self gain.

August 25, 2011 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  9. ohmygod

Thin skin, shallow, pathetic, IQ deficiency, 15 minutes of fame lasting way to long.

August 25, 2011 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  10. non sequitur

But if she came out and said, "I'm not running," how would she then fuel her narcissism??

August 25, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  11. Dave in NC

She either needs to get in or out. Otherwise, she is nothing more than seeking media attention for her own personal gain. If she gets in, its good for the dems. If she stays out, its good for the dems.

August 25, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  12. Tom

Rove, nobody cares what you think. You are a coward anyway. Pulling strings behind the line without any real exposure. Running things by proxy. Not that I like Palin, but who cares what you think seriously. Go do something.

August 25, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  13. maine liberal

karl you are so correct ....

"intended to mislead the American people" and "fuel the 24 hour news cycle."
    Palin with every bus trip/new book/failed movie/family reality show/using her kids on DWTS/ etc continues to feed the daily news cycle.

August 25, 2011 09:43 am at 9:43 am |
  14. EddyL

How is it legal that Palin has a PAC when she's not holding elected office and is not announced as seeking office? How is this "political" money spent when she's not currently seeking office?

August 25, 2011 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  15. nancy

Well, I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Karl Rove, but he's absolutely right this time. She's like a long-lost Kardashian sister, with no talent but in the news every day.

August 25, 2011 09:44 am at 9:44 am |
  16. Joe

She won't join the race for two reasons:
    1) She's making way too much money jerking the media along and dangling the IDEA of joining.
    2) If she actually joins, she'll have to answer real questions and take real positions on real issues, and she has long since proven that she's far too stupid for that.

August 25, 2011 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  17. ddrew78

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I ag..ag...agree with Rove on this one. Man, my keyboard started burning my fingertips trying to type that.

August 25, 2011 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  18. Beverly

just the mere fact that cnn deemed Mrs. Palin worthy of news indicates that the media is mainly to blame for dumming-down Americans. what ever happen to real-time news?

August 25, 2011 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  19. gojira

Sarah Palin: "24-hour news cycle – BAD! Unless, of course, they're talking about me."

August 25, 2011 09:45 am at 9:45 am |
  20. I M Real

The Palin camp has cleverly figured out that you can be more popular and stay in the light by dangling the "I may run" carrott vs dropping the mystique by stating she will not run. She's using the Brett Farve play book and I believe it works very well for her. I don't believe she really wants to be President she just wants to be a celebrity with influence.

August 25, 2011 09:46 am at 9:46 am |
  21. Chuk

Good Rove. Call her out on that sneaky game of using her teabag notoriety to make money when we all know she's NOT running. This is just to grab and hold the public's attention while she runs around making money. We know she has no chance in hell in a general election. She just knows how to get her fellow right wingers riled up to appear as relevant as possible.

August 25, 2011 09:47 am at 9:47 am |
  22. Bill Williams

Ugh. I agree with Karl Rove on this one.

I feel dirty. Time for a shower.

August 25, 2011 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  23. nowar

this should be good.....heartless vs. brainless

August 25, 2011 09:48 am at 9:48 am |
  24. the camster

Who'da thunk I'd ever agree with Karl Rove?

August 25, 2011 09:49 am at 9:49 am |
  25. Thomas

Ain't it funny how when Democrats criticize Palin, they're demonized by the right as misogynists and haters, but when Carl Rove does the very same thing, no one on the right bats an eyelash. They'll even go so far as to defend his right to having his own opinion on Palin and her idiocy.

August 25, 2011 09:50 am at 9:50 am |