South Carolina congressman hospitalized with fever
August 25th, 2011

South Carolina congressman hospitalized with fever

(CNN) – U.S. Rep. Joe Wilson of South Carolina has been hospitalized with an "extended fever," his spokesman said Thursday.

It wasn't immediately clear what caused the fever, though his office this week announced that a series of appearances would be rescheduled "due to his recent possible contraction of Lyme disease."

FULL STORY

Filed under: Joe Wilson • South Carolina
  1. bb

Or, it he just lying. Karma bites, Joe. Maybe that fever will de-frost your heart a little.

August 25, 2011 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  2. Proud member of "Global Zero"

I do not like Rep Wilson but still wish him well.

August 25, 2011 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  3. FM

This man had fever long time ago before that time he shouted "you lie". Good that now he has been taking care of and the fixation of the problem will be done, that he will not shout again! Quick recovery sir!

August 25, 2011 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  4. Jeff Brown in Jersey

Maybe this explains why he acts like such an ignorant buffoon?

August 25, 2011 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  5. Marie MD

Awwwwwwww! Is this a lie so hedoesn't have to endorse anyone or is he really sick. Either way I personalky don't care about this idiot!

August 25, 2011 08:40 am at 8:40 am |
  6. Fair is Fair

Watch the left-wing hatefest on this one....

August 25, 2011 08:40 am at 8:40 am |
  7. Steve, New York City

I wish the congressman a speedy recovery. However, I cannot get over his incredibly bad behavior. DOES ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE that any member of congress would have ever yelled "YOU LIE" at Carter or Clinton during an official presidential address?

I have no problem with people taking honest, principled policy positions against Obama. However, this congressman's disgusting comments, similar comments from others (Tar Baby) and Glen Beck's typical, obtuse comment about Obama hating white people (really? – he hated the grandparents that raised him?). I have NEVER BEEN SO DISGUSTED with the far right. A bunch of bigoted, anti-science hicks who bluntly ignore the fact that the last GOP president played a huge part in our current troubles.

GOP – start letting the moderates have a say again, or you will lose my vote forever!

August 25, 2011 08:43 am at 8:43 am |
  8. ABM

Karma....

August 25, 2011 08:49 am at 8:49 am |
  9. GOP hates Middle Class

You lie!
    Karma.

August 25, 2011 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  10. Dominican mama 4 Obama

He's LYING!!!!! He's just ditching his duties like the rest of them!
    Okay....let's say what is appropriate:
    You were a jerk, but even jerks like you deserve good health.
    While you're convalescing I hope you use the time to reflect on the moment that made you infamous at the expense of someone else.
    God indeed does NOT like ugly.
    Here's to your recovery.

August 25, 2011 08:59 am at 8:59 am |
  11. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Yes. I'm ROFLMAO!
    Yes you're right. I probably am going to "hell" for this....and many other things.
    Oh well!

August 25, 2011 09:02 am at 9:02 am |
  12. Sandy

The congressman whose only claim to fame is yelling "you lie".

August 25, 2011 09:12 am at 9:12 am |
  13. Rudy NYC

I should feel sorry for Rep. Wilson, but I don't and feel no remorse about it, either. I feel this man's life is in the Devil's hands, not God's.

He is famous for his "You lie!" remark. What has not been covered in the media is that he had shouted it out SEVERAL times amidst the raised voices. It was pure chance that a sudden quiet moment occured when his voice was the only voice. Listen to the tapes. He shouts it at twice in the 10-15 seconds prior to be being the lone voice.

August 25, 2011 09:18 am at 9:18 am |
  14. Lynda/Minnesota

Does this mean Joe Wilson won't be attending the "Keep Your Powder Dry" forum? Or, are only GOP/TeaPer presidential hopefuls being invited?

Not to wish ill will upon anyone, I do send my prayers to Mr. Wilson for God's blessing of a speeding recovery.

August 25, 2011 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  15. A Kickin` Donkey

So the man who disrespected the President [Mr. "you lie"] is feeling a little hot under the collar, eh?

Lucky for him he has that GOVERNMENT RUN healthcare that he and his Republican crowd rail against.

In bible-thumping S. Carolina, will this ailment be seen as God`s disfavor with Wilson? Will the heat of his fever be viewed as the mark of Satan? If he get`s delirious from the fever and starts to babble [more than usual] will he be labelled as the "anti-christ" speaking in tongues?

I didn`t wish this ill on him, but maybe, just maybe he deserves whatever misery comes his way. He is a wicked, pernicious man.

August 25, 2011 09:45 am at 9:45 am |