Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker on 2012: I’m biased
August 30th, 2011

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker on 2012: I’m biased

(CNN) – Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has a soft spot for fellow chief executives – especially those competing to become the 2012 GOP presidential nominee.

“As you can imagine, I have a bias towards governors,” he said Tuesday during an interview on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight.”

“I think chief executives, whether it is a mayor, a county executive, a governor, ultimately on your way up to president, I think that’s been a pretty proven theory over time.”

Walker’s affinity for governors translates to his 2012 preferences as he admitted, “That gives me a bias towards both Gov. Romney and Gov. Perry.”

When comparing the two, Walker sees distinct differences, especially concerning the hot topic of the economy.

He recalled Democratic consultant and CNN Contributor James Carville’s ’92 catchphrase “It’s the economy, stupid,” and placed it at the center of 2012 campaign debate.

According to Walker, who has faced criticism for his own method of battling Wisconsin’s budget deficit, the type of economic approach that both candidates may take is what separates the two.

“Gov. Romney, I think his experience when it comes to jobs, in the private sector, turning businesses around, the Olympics (and) Gov. Perry more as the governor … When I look at what Rick's done in Texas, and what they've done with the economy, if I was him, if I'm running for president, and I'm Rick Perry from Texas, I talk about the economy every single day,” Walker said.

And he offered advice to the longest-running Texas governor saying, “You ask me what my mother's name is, I'd say look what we did in Texas with jobs. Because, that's the issue in this election.”

Watch Piers Morgan Live weeknights 9 p.m. ET. For the latest from Piers Morgan click here.

Filed under: 2012 • Content Partner • Mitt Romney • Rick Perry • Scott Walker • TV-Piers Morgan
  1. roscoe

Yes, I think he's being honest....he's biased.

August 30, 2011 11:28 pm at 11:28 pm |
  2. chad

"When I look at what Rick's done in Texas, and what they've done with the economy, if I was him, if I'm running for president, and I'm Rick Perry from Texas, I talk about the economy every single day,” Walker said.

Creating those minimum wage jobs is quite a feat.

August 30, 2011 11:41 pm at 11:41 pm |
  3. ryanrory

the issue is jobs . i wonder why they were not worried about jobs for 2.5 years now itis an election issue?

August 30, 2011 11:47 pm at 11:47 pm |
  4. Aaron

His bosses, the billionaire Koch brothers, must be interested in some getting control of states other than Wisconsin, so they put their Walker mouthpiece to work.

August 30, 2011 11:54 pm at 11:54 pm |
  5. willard

I'm mocked out of presdient obama that
    He was fraud his birther ceritface in
    Hawaii why why obama
    Make trying his uncle hide of place
    Why presdient obama
    Did not talk with amercian about his family in amercian so he make trying hide of him about his family

August 31, 2011 12:25 am at 12:25 am |
  6. Republicans elect and attract the not so smart

Can't wait until the Wisconsin voters remove this paid Koch employee from the job of govenor.

August 31, 2011 12:30 am at 12:30 am |
  7. MaryM5

Hey Walker, can you say "RECALL". Ask the people of WI what they think about walker

August 31, 2011 12:43 am at 12:43 am |
  8. Mike

I have a bias also and it is against that idiot obama and the misguided who voted for him.

August 31, 2011 12:51 am at 12:51 am |
  9. carlos

andwe will not see him after his recall election........piece of trash....

August 31, 2011 01:07 am at 1:07 am |
  10. mike

His education reform is the buddy buddy evaluation system, the state policing teachers, promoting ones that support republicans, and attacking teacher unions for political reasons. Cutting education to the bone hurts children. He doesn't care. He iis passing Jim Crow legislation and punishing schools to advance his chance to survive his recall. I doubt if he would stop at anything , legal or not, to further his fanatic agenda.

August 31, 2011 02:58 am at 2:58 am |
  11. GaryB

Walker's giving Perry bad advice. The last thing Perry wants anyone to do is look closely at his jobs record in Texas. Since 2007, Texas has actually lost .7% of its private sector jobs (and average wages also fell). So where did the "Texas Miracle" come from? Under Perry, the number of Texas public sector (i.e. government) jobs shot up 3.7%, fueled to a large part by the Democrats federal stimulus funds. I guess that makes Perry one of those big government liberals he hates (or in Tea Party lingo, a socialist).

August 31, 2011 05:46 am at 5:46 am |
  12. NATHAN WIMBERLY

This goon and Ryan have cooked the GOBP goose by exposing their radical extremist agenda.

August 31, 2011 06:29 am at 6:29 am |
  13. johnmenacherjr

What an absolutely nauseating thing to see in the morning. I hope he gets out of my state and now what a high bid jerk!

August 31, 2011 06:36 am at 6:36 am |
  14. Louie

Hopefully, in a year from now Walker will be talking about his short lived career as a governor of Wisconsin. Recall The Bum!

August 31, 2011 06:38 am at 6:38 am |
  15. The Other Dale

Thought it was always a soft spot in his head. Would explain why he's driving his state into the dumper.

August 31, 2011 06:43 am at 6:43 am |
  16. Mr. Madtown

Scott Walker and the TrEAson Party are shills for the Koch Brothers. After he is recalled he will join "failin' Palin" as a half term *former* Governor.

August 31, 2011 07:57 am at 7:57 am |
  17. cycle guy

You were accused of throwing hard balls at Christine O'Donnell. You sure took the easy road with Gov. Scotty.. not so much as one difficult question.. Why not such questions.. as.. Unemployment under Scott Walker has actually risen. Yet, Scotty comes across as if he has ideas as how to reduce unemployment.. 2. Unemployment in lower in Wisconsin compared to Texas.. And New York unemployment is lower than both Wisconsin or Texas. . 3. Should Wisconsin's jobs model mimic Texas' with the greatest number of low income workers and the most without health care benefits..
    Why were you such a coward, Pierce.. Cat got your tongue.?

August 31, 2011 08:03 am at 8:03 am |
  18. bearced

Walmart and stimulus jobs, he should be so proud!

August 31, 2011 08:15 am at 8:15 am |
  19. John

This Is just another Tea Party nut case. The Tea Party Is going to find out the American people have wise up. They would be so good for them In 2012.

August 31, 2011 08:22 am at 8:22 am |
  20. Dominican mama 4 Obama

Really and truly Walker, you are persona non grata in so many circles in America that I'd be hard pressed to find two people that gave a flying freak about what you thought or whom you're backing.
    We got the jist of where your allegiance lies with that little taped conversation that you thought you were having with one of the Koch brothers. Capisce sell-out?

August 31, 2011 08:30 am at 8:30 am |
  21. Dominican mama 4 Obama

That should've been "gist". Pardon.

August 31, 2011 08:31 am at 8:31 am |