Mayor Alec Baldwin?
August 31st, 2011

Mayor Alec Baldwin?

(CNN) - New York City may not have a Mayor Baldwin anytime soon.

"Running for mayor is something that I'd love to do but I want you to think about this. Would I rather be handcuffed to the emergency command center in Maspeth during a hurricane … or would I rather spend some of that 30 Rock money traveling the world with my girlfriend?" Baldwin said on the "Late Show with David Letterman." "Which do you think?"

In addition to focusing on girlfriend Hilaria Thomas, Baldwin said he will spend the next year working on his NBC show "30 Rock" instead of seeking political office. Current independent Mayor Michael Bloomberg's term ends in 2012.

"The old adage you hear people say who are interested in politics: I would like to be the mayor, I don't know if I want to run for mayor," Baldwin said.

Filed under: Alec Baldwin • New York
  1. Sniffit

"Actor Alec Baldwin, who has flirted with a bid for Big Apple mayor, said Tuesday he would rather spend time with his new girlfriend."

I would too. Moving on...

August 31, 2011 11:48 am at 11:48 am |
  2. C. Howe Yulikit

NYC would also rather he spend time with his new girlfriend.

August 31, 2011 11:50 am at 11:50 am |
  3. Democrat Class Warfare - Destroying the economy, destroying the country

Good call Alec. It is real work, not an acting role. Directors have nothing over New Yorkers. They'd eat you alive.

August 31, 2011 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  4. Republicans Are The American Taliban

WOW ...what a non news story...

August 31, 2011 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  5. Joe

another liberal so called actor Baldwin can only run his mouth

August 31, 2011 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  6. Howard

If this THUG runs, I can only hope that his opposition plays the recording of Baldwin crudely trashing his young daughter on the telephone ... over and over and over again. An egotistical celebrity, who lacks character and empathy does not belong in a postition of power over other people !!!

August 31, 2011 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  7. Sniffit

"another liberal so called actor Baldwin can only run his mouth"

Never heard of Ronald Reagan?

August 31, 2011 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  8. Phil in KC

Can't blame him; I would too! That may be the definition of sanity.

August 31, 2011 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm |
  9. nvk_mtt

William Baldwin was running for NY senator in the show Dirty Sexy Money and Alec is thinking about running for Mayor of NY in Real life... The Baldwin's love their NY politics LMAO!

August 31, 2011 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  10. Sandy

He's a moron. Lucky for New York!!! Don't even date to mention his name in the same sentence with Ronald Reagan. Not a liberal, not a Democrat, Regan was Governor of California and one of the most beloved Presidents of the United States. Thank you!!!!

August 31, 2011 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  11. Sandy

That's "dare" to mention . . . just a sliip of the fingers. Oh . . . and Ronald Reagan was a gentleman too - something Baldwin is not.

August 31, 2011 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  12. Bill, NY

Anyone, and I mean anyone would be better than emperor Bloomberg. About ten years of disaster for this New Yorker!

August 31, 2011 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |
  13. SecedingfromTexas

"....an egotistical celebrity who lacks character and empathy does not belong in a position of power over other people".
    ********************************
    And all along, I thought you liked the Tea Party candidates.

August 31, 2011 01:32 pm at 1:32 pm |
  14. Dominican mama 4 Obama

-------------------------------------------------–
    Can't say that I blame you!! lol

August 31, 2011 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  15. Jim Treacher

Guess he's given up the hunt for whoever was really behind 9/11, then.

August 31, 2011 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |