September 5th, 2011

DeMint: No candidates ruled out

(CNN) - After hosting a presidential forum in South Carolina Monday, GOP Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina said he’s not yet ready to throw his weight behind any of the White House hopefuls.

“I’m looking at the candidates with a fresh look, so I have not decided who I’m going to endorse and I haven’t ruled anyone out,” DeMint told CNN's John King.

1. diridi

I have listened to these guys, none of these guys are impressive to me....o.k, Same swan song....

September 5, 2011 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  2. diridi

let me make another statement, "Any one who has brain, thinking capacity, and Who is well educated, will never vote to these Morons, idiots, and Nation's #1 thugs of GOP and Tea Party thugs". Period. They do not talk sense at all, what so ever.....Jesus, save this land...

September 5, 2011 10:01 pm at 10:01 pm |
  3. T'sah from Virginia

Yes, there are candidates RULED OUT – The one who 'bailed out" the last minute and should be RULED OUT (Perry); the one that wasn't invited (Santorum); and the one that did not show up and/or was not invited (Huntsman). And by the way, since when did DUHmint become God and can predict who will win???

September 5, 2011 10:20 pm at 10:20 pm |
  4. ThinkAgain

DeMint's looking for who he thinks will win so he can then collect a bunch of favors. DeMint is just in it for himself, not his country. Just like all the Repubs.

September 5, 2011 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  5. Gene Wojciechowski

So far the tea party morons have almost forced the US government and now, for the first time in the history of the US, Congress has forced the extermination of an endangered species, the North American grey wolf, for purely political reasons. Just imagine what the federal government could do for the American people if one of these billionaire puppets gets into the white house! God help us! We should all pray and work for the immediate placement of the tea party republican fascist-billionaire Koch brothers slaves on the endangered species list! DeMint blames the EPA for the lack of jobs today, but the same environmental laws were in effect 5 years ago, when we had very low unemployment. Idiot!!!

September 5, 2011 10:59 pm at 10:59 pm |
  6. G

"I have not decided who I'm going to endorse" roughly translate as they're all losers.

September 5, 2011 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |
  7. CBR

Based on Senator DeMint's comments and track record one would think that the candidates would not be courting his support. It is clear that Sen. DeMint is very, very conservative. He does not support women;s rights and he has made some pretty strong statements against the social programs in the country.

September 5, 2011 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  8. Txteacherusa

I feel for those people in Texas who are suffering from the extreme heat and wild fires. I also feel for the wild life and the herds of animals who are suffering from the devestating drought. I can only wonder if Gov. Perry will return "a" Texas once these fires are extinguished. His most wonderful picture of Texas which he's going around painting is turning out to be the worst in this states history. If nation is to elect a presidential candidate, I pray that its not based only on their nice appearance.

September 5, 2011 11:52 pm at 11:52 pm |
  9. Carlos

who gives a fig about which candidate this dude throws his (180?) pounds behind? another pretended king maker?

September 6, 2011 12:08 am at 12:08 am |
  10. Marie MD

Fresh look? Are you into young ones?
    Your weight is what's keeping sc down and backwards.

September 6, 2011 06:21 am at 6:21 am |
  11. taylor

demint who? Who gives a big whoop about jim demint, another nutcase extemist!!!!!

September 6, 2011 06:35 am at 6:35 am |
  12. Texasmike

This guy has some nerve appointing himself kingmaker (or Queenmaker) of the Republican rightwing. Jim Demint is about as much a tea party guy as Barak Obama. Demint is a career opportunist whose compass points wherever the money is. Truly disgusting person.

September 6, 2011 07:55 am at 7:55 am |