Leno questions Bachmann over gay rights, HPV vaccine
September 17th, 2011

Leno questions Bachmann over gay rights, HPV vaccine

(CNN) - Republican presidential contender Michele Bachmann defended her position on gay rights, the HPV vaccine and the debt ceiling as she made her debut on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

Bachmann has more usually been the butt of Leno's jokes - a point he made as he thanked her for being a good sport.

FULL STORY

Filed under: 2012 • Gay rights • Michele Bachmann • Rick Perry
  1. Donkey Party

Republican women are eerily similar, somewhat attractive physically, but mentally, stupid enough to land walk-on bit parts as the fourth Stooge.

September 17, 2011 09:21 am at 9:21 am |
  2. fernace

I think she's wrong about gays, because it seems she comes to her beliefs through her religious convictions, not through well informed political & social research! Her husband thinks he can "cure" gays & les.bia.ns, although they are very careful not to call it that! As far as her stance on the HPV vaccine I'm in agreement! I don't agree with most of Bachmanns views, but in this instance she's right! HPV vaccine is not an urgently necessary vaccine & doesn't need to be mandated into law! This is clearly a case where government is over reaching, where it should butt out & let this be up to parents to decide! I'm surprised Perry, who is so pro "less government" is pushing this! I guess less government unless he says so, hmm!!

September 17, 2011 10:02 am at 10:02 am |
  3. Indy

This reminds me why I quit watching Leno and Letterman, they have idiots as guests and Bachmann is one of the biggest idiots to ever become a celebrity. The days of talented and interesting guests on late night has gone down the tube.

September 17, 2011 10:13 am at 10:13 am |
  4. Squigman

Question her sanity, and that of those who've voted for her and you've done the right thing. Where in the hell do these idiots come from?

September 17, 2011 10:15 am at 10:15 am |
  5. jane

Michele Bachmann a NO term president

September 17, 2011 10:30 am at 10:30 am |
  6. Dave

Jay, you're wasting your time questioning this brainless dolt. It is her way or the highway and that's how it will always be.

September 17, 2011 10:33 am at 10:33 am |
  7. Nounou

Seems to me like all the Idiots are in the republican camp Palin,Bachman,Perry etc,etc,
    How can american people take them seriously,how can people even think of voting for them is a mystery to me.
    My God,where is this world. Someone should remind Michele Bachman what happened to Anita Brian back when.

September 17, 2011 11:17 am at 11:17 am |
  8. Enmei

She is not a viable Presidential candidate, she just plays one on tv.

September 17, 2011 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  9. AlaskaPalin

The question then becomes, what is good? Is one being good if he/she insults a person for holding a different world view than oneself? Or is it that one is afraid of good? 'We can disagree without being disagreeable'- Obama. Show that you are 'educated' with a logical critique of the message. Any 'simpleton' can insult or attack the messenger.

September 17, 2011 11:55 am at 11:55 am |